Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Hey Sarah Mason + Chris:
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 1:50 pm

I'm coming to NOLA to visit my square lawyer brother and some other family for Thanksgiving. He's sort of cool and likes to eat all that, but Brian Case from the Ponys told me you guys took them to some awesome "fried-shrimp to go" place. Let's do that, or something else. I'm flying in tonight and I'll be around all week.
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 2:07 pm

somebody start naming off some good places to eat in NOLA. I'm in Baton Rouge right now and will be riding in late tomorrow afternoon. Food is top priority!
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 2:37 pm | Edited by: saint sarah

Joe, I emailed you my number through myspace. I will probably be at the track Friday following thanksgiving. I think that might be up your alley.

Jerry, eat a roast beef poboy at parkway. Go to oyster happy house (every day from 3-6) at Luke, works out to 3 bucks a dozen.
Posted: Nov 23, 2009 8:03 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

I think she means "happy hour"

yeah, go to parkway, it's on a good bike route too if you want to ride up bayou st. john. also there is a decent bike shop right by parkway (bayou bicycles).

my big plan for the week (besides thanksgiving) is going to the lakefront on friday evening with a bunch of beverages to watch the space shuttle / international space station flyover at 6:03 p.m. should be a cold, crisp evening with clear skies. I'm thinking some hot cider and rum. gettin heavy on the levee! everyone is invited.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 10:01 am

You really know how to party...
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 10:29 am

I guess we're going to the track on Thursday. Got picked up from the airport last night by my sister-in-law, my little bro who still lives in Portland, and our good friend who's been living in NOLA for about ten years. They took me straight to Drago's in Metarie for char-grilled oysters, then we picked up my lawyer brother and went to Parkway for dinner. I had the "surf & turf": fried shrimp on a roast beef po boy. Awesome.

Anything else happening? Shows? Curiosities I should know about? Good bars? My brother lives half a block from Markey's Bar in the Bywater, if that means anything.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 12:54 pm

Surf n turf po-boy rules.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 1:04 pm

According to Andy Markeys has the best hamburger in town. Go swimming at the Country Club. Bacchanal is a nice place to go drink a bottle of wine if it isnt too cold.

Not much happening. I am hoping Bateman is doing a bounce nite this weekend, but it doesn't appear to be the case.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 1:05 pm

plenty of stuff to see, architecture mostly, if you just walk downtown on royal from markey's. bars on that route; mimi's, r bar, dba. also bud rip's is supposed to be cool, that's over near markey's.

there is a dj thing at the r bar tomorrow night. probably other dj nights as well. oh and the misfits are playing on friday night!
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 2:13 pm

If you're in the Bywater, I recommend:

-Eating brunch on the weekend at Elizabeth's (praline bacon!)
-Eating BBQ at the Joint
-Drinking at Markey's (and of course the burger) and Mimi's.
-Drinking at Saturn Bar
-Walking down Royal Street and drinking all the way to the quarter
-Having a bottle of wine at Bacchanal

I don't recommend:
-Country Club Pool (Go swimming at the Country Club if you like to frolic with naked gays. I'm as liberal as they come, but not THAT liberal)
-Bud Rip's
-Bywater BBQ Restaurant

Have fun.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Show him where you guys killed Johnny Thunders.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 2:52 pm

Anybody been to The Green Goddess?
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Yeah, that's Pauls restuarent. Its good.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 6:44 pm

Hit Willie Mae's and Stanley today. Going to Bullet's in a bit. I think Central Grocery tomorrow plus a few other things I think. Going to Mimi's Friday for some DJ night.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 7:17 pm

Marduk plays on friday.
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 7:32 pm

Marduk plays on friday.

FUCK!
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 8:05 pm

Slim Charles from the wire is at bullet's right now
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 9:23 pm

i rode in on the levee tonight! THE LEVEE!!! It was pretty awesome.

me thinks tonight is a bust. eyes barely want to stay open and legs barely want to move. but tomorrow, I\'M HITTIN\' EVERYTHANG!
Posted: Nov 24, 2009 10:36 pm

Don't hit the trannies, they smack back.
Posted: Nov 25, 2009 9:58 am

nobody mentioned sat nights BAYOU CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 25, 2009 11:02 am

ooooh, that's because I forgot all about it. I would recommend everyone go to canal street and check out the pimped out candy cars on friday or saturday evening!
Posted: Nov 26, 2009 8:13 pm

Punksgiving at the saint tonight
Posted: Nov 27, 2009 5:31 pm

Man, that happy hour at Luke is crazy- half price drinks and $0.25 oysters! I think tonight is Cochon/Butcher and then Chomp Chomp at Mimi's.
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 5:18 pm

Joe, are you still here? Get in touch, man.
Posted: Nov 28, 2009 5:26 pm

Yeah, I think we're going to DBA tonight for John Boutte and then maybe the Saint. Second line tomorrow.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®