Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Chuck Biscuits?
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 11:34 am

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 11:36 am

Goner. That dude was like the Keith Moon of punk. RIP.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 11:48 am

Shit.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 12:04 pm

Dang! 44 years old?
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 12:19 pm

NO WAY!
best punk drummer, ever
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 12:24 pm

DOA, Flag, Danzig...this is really sad news.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 12:39 pm

Circle Jerks too. RIP
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:05 pm

His drumming, especially in the circle Jerks was on fire. Got to see him play with Danzig too, on their tour for the first album, at the Antenna. I believe Cort and Christian were instrumental in making that happen. Thanks. RIP
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:10 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Anybody know the story on that?
I've always heard Chuck was in the Circle Jerks, but the only release he's credited for (online, anyway) is Repo Man: Coup D'Etat and When the Shit Hits the Fan (lounge version, but it sounds like a drum machine, I think? - Heavy Beagle used this version to cover). I don't have it in front of me, but is the Golden Shower of Hits Coup D'Etat Mr. Biscuits? Aren't they the same versions?

Either way, 44 is way too young. Glad I got to see him.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:37 pm

dude got my camera confiscated at the Danzig Antenna show...I was taking pics and he pointed me out to some Danzig goons while he was playing and one came over and took my camera...I was only 16, so I really could do anything about it.

Anyway, killer punk rock drummer...RIP
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:42 pm

I saw him play with Social Distortion in the mid-90s. He hit the drums HARD.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:43 pm

44? shit, that makes him what? 14/15 on those Black Flag records?
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:49 pm

Dunno how reliable it is, but Wikipedia lists his birthdate as April 17, 1965, and says he started playing with DOA in 1978... at 13!?

Only played in Black Flag for a few months in 82, and only on the "pre-My War demos" (which are awesome and easy to find on the internets), and if that birthdate really is accurate, he woulda been 17. If those dates are real, it's even more mindblowing.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:51 pm

naw he was 17 when he was in black flag

he was 13 when he was in DOA

awesome drummer and good drawerer
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:53 pm

ahh...I thought he was in the 79/80 Black Flag line up...still killing it for a kid though at 17...
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:57 pm

That video I posted above of him playing with Circle Jerks appears to be from his 18th birthday. Good god.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:57 pm

I saw him play with Social Distortion in the mid-90s. He hit the drums HARD.

I can't remember if they played here once or twice at the Daisy, but I think I remembered seeing them supporting that Social Distortion album, earlier on ('90 or '91, Chuck wouldn't have been in the band then). Otherwise it would have been that show, I guess. But in the mid-90's I ws well into my Jam Band Dayze. I did see him at that Danzig 1st tour show, though.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 1:58 pm

79/80 Black Flag

MORRIS!
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 2:08 pm

I hear it's just a rumor.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 2:13 pm

Yea, when I saw DOA first he was 14.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 2:50 pm

Seen him drumming for The Big Boys in 1986 at Lingerie Club in L.A. He had the biggest drums I ever seen. RIP.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 3:18 pm

Saw him on the Danzig 1st album tour '89. His head was mere inches from the ceiling he sat way above his kit. Looked like he was gonna conk himself on that ceiling with his flailing away on the drums all crazy.

Also got to see Chuck w/Social Distortion in '96. His drumming was abit subdued, but he was still fun to watch.

...got my camera confiscated at the Danzig show...

I saw this exact same thing happen. Danzig was a real control-freak when it came to him being photo-ed. Even in Samhain he was a dick to folks taking photos at his shows.

RIP Chuck Biscuits
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 3:39 pm

From the source...
Chuck Biscuits: 1965-2009
[UPDATE #2: Further e-mails have been exchanged with Chuck's brother Bob Montgomery; after I confirmed the name of Chuck's wife via two independent sources, Bob wrote:

"Chuck and I have been somewhat estranged for a time, but this seems fishy. I am going to his home to get to the bottom of this, I will let you know one way or the other. If this is a hoax, I will pop Chuck in his beak. I am allowed. He is my little brother."

The investigation continues. At this point, I don't know whom to believe.]

[UPDATE: Rumors are beginning to swirl that this is some kind of elaborate hoax. If so, I can assure you I am NOT in on it. I have previously chronicled my contact with Chuck/person(s) claiming to be Chuck(?) and never had any reason to disbelieve their claims.

Since this post went viral, however, several people (including former Danzig bassist Eerie Von and Chuck's brother Bob Montgomery) have openly questioned his death. All I can tell you is I've been communicating with two people since May I was always 99.999% sure were THE Chuck Biscuits and his wife from e-mail addresses bearing their names. They never asked me to wire money to a Nigerian prince or adopt their child, so I took it all at face value.

Chuck's wife is allegedly the one who has been sending out mass e-mails about Chuck's condition to family and friends; I didn't use her name below because I didn't know if she'd be comfortable with that and it didn't seem like a good time to bring it up, considering her husband was dying. I'm still not going to use her name on the same grounds.

Although I can't imagine why a former member of Danzig would want to fake his own death via the Internet, I know plenty of people who severely dislike me and would take any chance they could to play on my gullibility to make me look as stupid as possible (i.e. e-mail me for six months pretending to be a dying drummer I admire). If this is all a big fat lie, I'm sorry, but I promise I was duped just as hard as you.]
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 5:19 pm

This is like when Ian Mackaye died. And Screech.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 5:48 pm

Ian Mackaye is dead,
miss him miss him!
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:17 pm

saw this exact same thing happen. Danzig was a real control-freak when it came to him being photo-ed. Even in Samhain he was a dick to folks taking photos at his shows.

ever seen this video? still makes me laugh.

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:31 pm

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:35 pm

saw this exact same thing happen. Danzig was a real control-freak when it came to him being photo-ed. Even in Samhain he was a dick to folks taking photos at his shows.

the Jerry Cooney of horror-rock
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:40 pm

might not be dead after all?

maybe
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:48 pm | Edited by: Paul Lips

I don't see how that knocked him down. The fat dude's punch looks like it doesn't even make solid contact.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 8:51 pm

I don't see how that knocked him down. The fat dude's punch looks like it doesn't even make solid contact.

here's a better one with slo-mo replay

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 9:12 pm

not related
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 11:33 pm

Posted: Oct 29, 2009 11:58 pm | Edited by: Thee Gilded Chimera

This just in: El Duce is still dead.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 12:13 am

hooo RAY!!!!!

Chuck Biscuits is still my favorite drummer, alive or dead....he even made Social Distortion palatable
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 12:52 am

Social Distortion could never be palatable. You're wrong, Bark Queef.

And I did kill Kurt Cobain. And Courtney Love did kill me. How's that for a bummer?
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:07 am

you're just still mad that I pointed out Terry Trash got hit by a train and lived
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:39 am

Was El Duce already taken as a member name?
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:40 am

You're a member.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:41 am

And glad Chuck's not dead.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:47 am

No, you're a member.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:47 am

Also, I'm glad Chuck's still alive.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:56 am

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 2:53 am

That sucks. RIP Chuck. The Misfits are one of the most under-rated Punk Bands ever..!!! they deserve more!!!! Hollywood Babylon....Fucking Awesome!!
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 2:54 am

Frenchie Coma....(good punk name!)
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 2:57 am

not related
i love that shit.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 6:41 am

es bueno.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 7:37 am

Glenn E. Friedman is posting that he has confirmation Biscuits is alive.
I love that Danzig photo cuz I remember hearing the first record and it being all tough and knowing Chuck was playing the drums...then not too long after hearing it, I saw that photo and started cracking up seeing him in the Freddie Kruger sweater skirt-thing...
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 8:32 am | Edited by: JJ Champion

I love that Danzig photo cuz I remember hearing the first record and it being all tough and knowing Chuck was playing the drums...then not too long after hearing it, I saw that photo and started cracking up seeing him in the Freddie Kruger sweater skirt-thing...

ME TOO!
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 10:57 am

Posted: Oct 30, 2009 1:32 pm

^that sucks..that folk singer was pretty cute.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 2:48 pm | Edited by: mexicajun

CHUCK'S NOT DEAD!

Good one Internerds...
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 3:35 pm

chuck is a fucking bad ass i have the circle jerks flipside and my roomates and a few friends have been drinking and rocking out to that dvd for the past few weeks he fucking beats the shit outta those skins never seen anything like it ...glad hes alive!
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 5:07 pm

CHUCK'S NOT DEAD!
i hope some enterprising youth decides to start printing this on to a patch
Posted: Oct 31, 2009 9:07 am

Posted: Oct 31, 2009 4:27 pm

Fucking Canadians, eh?
Good news.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®