Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Swanky Austin
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:09 pm

What are the most luxe hotels in the city? Bonus for free parking and closeness to something worth doing for an evening.
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:25 pm

There's a hyatt downtown.and you can walk to beerland,emos and other dumbshit people do. Plus the congress bridge with the bats is right there. I think its the hyatt....bring me some panzer sauce
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:28 pm

Which one in the van from Austin to Memphis two years ago are you?
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 3:59 pm

Four Seasons in downtown on the river, quite pricey. The Hotel San Jose is on Congress across from the Continental Club.

http://www.sanjosehotel.com/
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 4:20 pm

Me? Mike=glasses,sexy tall,shit talking,funny,white,american,awesome..positvely negative
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 4:23 pm

I thought you might've been that dude who wears the jean shorts and white t-shirt. I'm not disappointed.
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 4:47 pm

I think that's davey..or raidy
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 6:10 pm

Is the Driscoll nice or does it rest on antiquated laurels?
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 6:34 pm

last i heard the driscoll only gets 3 stars, then again 3 stars to "them" is 18 to me, so...
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 6:35 pm

last i heard the driscoll only gets 3 stars, then again 3 stars to "them" is 18 to me, so...
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 6:40 pm

wait, so is that^like 6 stars?
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 8:20 pm

I think that's davey.

Goddammit
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 8:32 pm

Van Morrison stayed at the Driscoll.
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 9:31 pm

The Driskill is kinda cool and haunted, Concrete Blonde wrote a song about it.
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 9:33 pm

Stephen F Austin is also nice, decent bar.
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 9:37 pm

So, when I woke up after crashing on the hotel bedroom floor of Austin's elite, who the fuck was that fat guy telling racist jokes, and why did he insist on standing on my feet at the HiTone? And why are we only dealing with this matter after two years?
Posted: Oct 27, 2009 9:42 pm

stiff upper lip, chap
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 1:53 am

Uhh only large people I know in the "austin" room were max and some dumb dick from alabama. The alabama douche I wanted to fight for keeping me up when I was already awake for 3 days...I should of,I'm to nice these days
Posted: Oct 28, 2009 12:35 pm

The Omni has a pool and hottub on the roof and doesn't allow non-hotel guests in after 10.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 2:16 pm

Hotel Saint Cecilia, on South Congress by the San Jose, may be owned by same people. On some old estate with some beautiful live oaks. Rooms and suites are super nice and equipped with silly accoutrements like record players and access to a hotel record library.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 2:23 pm

oh fuck, what about that motor court across from the contienental? the one with all the hookers. motel austin, was that the name? is JUST GUNS still there?
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 2:25 pm

Stayed at the San Jose a couple times..nice in a boutique, minimally furnished arty kind of way...except one time there was a Buck Owens concert poster hanging in the room and his eyes followed you where ever you were in the room...it was the first thing you saw from the bed...kinda creepy.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 5:44 pm

JUST GUNS is not still there. Now it's Factory People. That pretty much sums up the current state of Austin. Motel Austin is still there but I think the only people who stay there are rich euros who love SRV.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:04 pm

Just guns is now American Apparrel or an Italian restaurant. Austin Motel is kinda nice but its still a motel

oh fuck, what about that motor court across from the contienental?
That's Hotel San Jose. They gave it a mutli-million dollar makeover and the beautiful people stay there. South Congress is now called SoCo, you would just love it.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:05 pm

Hotel Saint Cecilia, on South Congress by the San Jose, may be owned by same people. On some old estate with some beautiful live oaks. Rooms and suites are super nice and equipped with silly accoutrements like record players and access to a hotel record library.
Same owners as San Jose. REally rich lesbians that cater to the richand wannbe famous.
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 6:26 pm

do the bats hibernate in the winter or do they hang all year?
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 7:45 pm

they go back to mexico....WHERE THEY BELONG
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Hotel San Jose.

rick - just pulled out my nipple 5 7". mine came with a picture of the san jose. remember that humpers video that got shot there?
Posted: Oct 29, 2009 11:45 pm

they go back to mexico....WHERE THEY BELONG

yeah they give the american bats a chance to have a shitty job as pest control
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 9:25 am

who the fuck was that fat guy telling racist jokes

king louie?
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 10:09 am

St Cecilia. Tom knows what's up.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 11:01 am

Hotel San Jose.

rick - just pulled out my nipple 5 7". mine came with a picture of the san jose. remember that humpers video that got shot there?

Yep, you wouldn't know the place now. In about 87 I stayed there for a week, my wife (then girlfriend) wouldn't tell her parents we were living together and I hid out there. There were hookers working in the rooms on both sides of me, I felt like I was in a bukowski novel.
Posted: Oct 30, 2009 2:12 pm

St Cecilia. Tom knows what's up.
All I know is that I can't afford to stay there, ever!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®