Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Quitting Your Job...
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 10:21 pm

Best stories, career advice, hilarious anecdotes...
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 12:38 am

On may last day I shat on a paper towel and smeared it underneath the window sills of the hotel I worked at years ago. Also filled the heaters with fruit.
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 1:23 am

Tell that dickhole "I'm outta here" then offer your services as a consultant for $50 an hour.
Posted: Oct 17, 2009 1:24 am

$60 an hour.
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 3:28 pm

I tried quitting my job but it didn't work.
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 3:46 pm

I worked in a Liquor store for one day. I was working with two dudes who had the combined age of 179. It was a bulletproof with a bulletproof register area and an open store floor. I was out on the floor by myself. I had never worked at that store, although I had worked for 2 years at another one. So, I was familiar with checking in orders, stocking, and all the goodness that comes with retail. What I was not prepared for was working by myself for ten hours, stocking the whole place solo, helping customers, realinging the stock room, answering the phone and ringing people up while the two guys from the balcony of the Muppet Show Theater watched westerns and made snide comments about all races not deemed "White". After hour 11 was set to begin, I asked them what time I was supposed to leave. One of them said "You know, I don't think this is going to work out and I am going to tell the owner that I think you would be better suited working somewhere else." As he tried to pay me in between Parkinson Shakes, I decided that it wasn't worth it, told him to shove it up his ass and left with a bottle of Jack Daniels in one hand and a box of cheap wine in the other. No one said a word, and I was on my way. The store closed three months later when the owner died, from what I understand. The place did reopen I think. It was in the strip mall on the NW corner of Perkins and Knight Arnold, I think.
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 3:50 pm

My younger brother worked as a waiter at a fairly crappy restaurant when he was fifteen. After about a month of little business and bounced paychecks, he quit. The owner told him he had to give two weeks notice. My brother replied "call me in two weeks, I bet I still quit."
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 3:53 pm

"call me in two weeks, I bet I still quit."

this is the sort of ammunition I am looking for...
Posted: Oct 19, 2009 5:14 pm

Brilliance.
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 8:51 pm

Done and done. Now let's get food stamp wasted.
Posted: Oct 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Now let's get food stamp wasted.
Country Club 40's all around!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®