Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Sooooo..how was it?
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 12:28 am

I had dreams of Gonerfest all week long...I had a dream that Paul McCartney was shaking hands with fans and sigining autographs then Useless Eater slapped his bitch ass!! Harsh brah'.
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 6:32 pm

that good huh..?
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 7:00 pm

No, it was better.
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 7:28 pm

I had a blast. The bands were great, the people were nice, and the airbrush girl was awesome!

Some reviews are on the Gonerfest thread in the "upcoming shows" category.
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 8:19 pm

airbrush girl? uh.....link please.
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 8:48 pm

airbrush girl? uh.....link please.

Don't get excited. She was just a girl that made airbrush t-shirts. It looked like the kind of shit you would get at a crappy spring break party in some off brand beach like Ft. Lauderdale.
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 9:03 pm

Hahaha! She takes that as a compliment.

I know...cause she's my wife!
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 10:58 pm

Apparently it's top secret. Or everyone is still hungover.
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 10:59 pm

thanks to all my customers
and all the nice drunk people i got to chat with!!!

for future orders, here is the link to my etsy shop:

"spring break 3003 airbrush"

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=7396046

gonerfest 6 was so much fun!!!
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:04 pm

I know...cause she's my wife!

I think I know who you are now!
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Ft. Lauderdale is ok, but not nearly crappy enough.

But no offense...that's cool if you aren't that well-traveled.
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:13 pm

thats not what i really had in mind when you said "airbrushgirl"!
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:23 pm

Favorite moments:
Wednesday (pre-Gonerfest): Giving an out-of-towner his dollar back he'd paid into the jukebox to try to stop the Eric Clapton from coming out of it. I said, "Man, we're just shutting this puppy down."
Also, the glorious entrance of one Useless Eater.
Posted: Sep 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Favorite moments:
Thursday: Louie's opening was on par with GF2; no stories about "totally looting" (thankfully, I guess), but pretty damn funny.
Hanging out with the Hi-Tone dudes before the doors opened.
Finding Guy and Muddy Spear.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 12:56 am

just left memphis on the megabus. double decker! sorry for spelling/grammer as its dark and im swaying all over... i gotta get some sleep before i even can focus on the great times and those i need to thank and suff. theres b een some woman arguing withe the driver and the dispatcher is tapped in live now to tell her that she will bbe handed over to the local athorities, but she won't shut up! ok she did. jeesh! the seats are awsome on these double deckers. hugh!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 1:57 am

Muddy Spear.
no way...I thought he was deported!!!??? OOooo those British poeple!!!! OOoooo!!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 1:57 am

people. poeple. thats right.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 1:59 am

man...Eric O in a Shitty Beach Boys T....game over!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 3:03 am

Muddy Spear

I saw him a couple times, didn't say hi 'cuz I thought I was trippin'. I did ask a guy who looked like Mr. Dutch H. if his name was Chris and he said no, looked at him sideways several times after that 'cuz I thought I was trippin'.

game over!

The Onion called it!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 1:37 pm | Edited by: hemant

Good times! I'm still hurting. Spent much of yesterday sick.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 1:39 pm

Posted: Sep 29, 2009 2:09 pm

The best part was not realising that the UK is 8 hours ahead in time to miss playing a gig on the day I thought I was due back, and also accidentally missing a day of work.

Oops!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 2:21 pm

man...Eric O in a Shitty Beach Boys T....game over!

ooo...thanks...that was one of my shirts!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 2:28 pm

Best one yet. Everything was awesome - other than the relentless stage divers.

SONIC CHICKEN 4!!!!
http://vimeo.com/6805403

REDD BOXX!!!!
http://vimeo.com/6806250

DAVILA 666!!!!
http://vimeo.com/6787839

OVERNIGHT LOWS w/ ED NASTY!!!
http://vimeo.com/6804631

NOBUNNY UNMASKED!!!
http://vimeo.com/6807574
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:34 pm | Edited by: eric o

Michael McDonald with The Box Elders was UNBELIEVABLE!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:40 pm

The guy from The Doobie Bros jammed with the Pavement tribute band? Awesome!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 4:55 pm

you woulda loved it!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 6:35 pm

me and Jay and Bruce all caught the goner flu. anyone else sick? good times tho. glad to get my fat ass in the pool and meet lots of folks. got to almost all the food and tourist plans on my agenda. love memphis! I'll be back!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 6:42 pm

Just found this on YouTube. Closest thing to being there I'd guess, shit, closet thing to being in The Oh Sees!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 6:49 pm

petey, john lowe and i got the bug too. started feeling it sunday. hence no buccaneer for me that night :(
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:12 pm

I got it too. Woke up sick on Sunday & it's still with me except for the ridiculously sore throat part.
It was totally worth it though! So much fun this year! It really helped that all the New Orleans people could make it this time.
I don't have the energy to make lists of favs right now, b/c there's just too many to name.
I will say, though, that I'm very proud of De Hoje Haele and Mig & Min Ven!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:21 pm

hey, P -- are you sure that's not a come-down from all the substance abuse this weekend? ha! if not, what are the symptoms? I felt fine until walking the dog to the park this afternoon, then started feeling woozy/achy/sore throat-ish... put it down to seasonal allergies but not so sure now??? what are your symptoms?

aside from all that, great hanging with ya'll this weekend -- even if you gave me the flu!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:27 pm

we got it too...knocked us out cold for two days. worth it though...
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:40 pm

yeah.. Mary's got this flu too. I'm sure I am going to get it, unless this year's flu vaccine covers it. Any of you sick ones get the vaccine?
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:42 pm

Luke Warm says he ain't feelin' too hot, either.

I'm totally fine, suckers!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 7:44 pm

Hi, Petey!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 8:17 pm

I woke up Sunday night with a sore throat. I got a cold. Pretty sure its not the flu.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 8:25 pm

Michael McDonald with The Box Elders was UNBELIEVABLE!
NO f*cking way!!!..?? Better than Christopher Cross and Dave Mason doing "yer so lewd" ???? Hoppe and I LOVE dave mason.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 8:27 pm

why is it that every time there is a"festival" some one drops SARS bomb...happened when i saw Oblivians/Cheater Slicks Halloween show in 03..then hit me again at one of the Black Out shows. Bad News. Use sanitizer. use it much.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 8:34 pm

No one caught AIDS this time? Shit!

Guess i do owe ya that dollar Stands!

You win again!
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 8:43 pm

hey, P -- are you sure that's not a come-down from all the substance abuse this weekend?

started for me Sunday with really bad lung congestion - but that could be partly attributed to the pack-a-day smokin thing. Its slowly been moving into my sinuses since yesterday. I figured all the substances I ingested wouldn't let any germ survive, especially that alabama moonshine! lucky for me I took THREE whole extra days before heading back to work! Don't feel so bad now, might have to go out and drink tonight to kill the rest of this bug.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 8:47 pm

I'm feeling fine... voice is froggy from shouting out orders to the troops, but fine other than complete exhaustion all monday. Sorry to hear about the sickness... maybe Artisan a/c spread it ala legionaires disease?
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 9:16 pm

uggh sorry to hear it Petey. I just took my home remedy -- a spoonful of honey, a little cider vinegar, and a dash of cayenne pepper. gross, but it usually nips congestion in the bud. still feeling achy, though.
Posted: Sep 29, 2009 9:45 pm

If it's any consolation, Memphis just got a ton of rain dumped on us over the past few weeks with decidedly cooler temps for this time of year (it feels awesome out, right now). Got only a touch nervous at the Buc, but everything cleared up nicely for Saturday. I'd have to check, but I'd wager that may have something to do with it; spore count indoors, or something.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 12:54 am

Dutch, Jack's pickup truck still has a Manthols sticker on it.

Wasn't the Blackout in 2005 the one where Louie allegedly spread the Kajun H1N1 variant? That shit sucked. I got the GF6-ID10T strain. Can't wait for it to spread through our town. Welcome to the Halls Of Medicine you phlegmy motherfuckers.

Today at work I was sick but working and had to take a bro to the hospital. There were real sick people there with Ebola and hoof and mouth disease and fucked up hacking. Great place to visit when you're sick! Joe T. gonna get consumption from his wife's work.

There's 30,000 pictures from the weekend on 3 different computers right now. Real fuck up.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 2:15 am

thats cool, J,Stands has the sticker..cuz we ran out..they're goin for 2.50 on ebay. Whats goin on fer new years at Memphis? Might..just MIGHT have cash for choo choo train and to shoplift at Goner.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 2:21 am

nips congestion in the bud
I first heard that phrase on The Andy Griffith Show.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 2:23 am

I got the GF6-ID10T
that is the variant AT-ST never released by Hasbro/Kenner because it had poison paint decals. Bummer Kids!!!!
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 8:40 am

I got it, too. Was sick on Sunday and went to the Jay Reatard, Nobunny, Hunx, Box Elders show on Monday. Not the wisest plan, but worth every glorious minute of it. Hunx is already sold out of the Gay Singles LP. The Goners raided his booty!
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 8:46 am

Any of you sick ones get the vaccine?

Yes and yes. Was sick as a dog on friday night, but after a few drinks forgot about it. Am still not feeling too good. Sinus infection, flu, cold... i don't know what the fuck i've got, but it ain't nothin pretty.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 9:31 am

HiLites:
Finally realising what 'schplescher' meant when the Amsterdam flight check-in woman asked why I was going to Memphis, and then trying to convince her Guy and I were not lovers.
Scott and Gina's immaculate hosting skills.
Guy's wind.
Scott falling off chair in Buccaneer.
Listening to jokes in Finnish.
Eating food whilst watching 'Drama in the Hills: Top 10 Moments'. Lauren rules.
Don Howland playing 'Barbara'.
Fooling Hunx into thinking the rolled-up-into-a-sausage tshirt stuffed down my trousers was something else.
The Shitty Beach Boys.
Patrick Swayze tributes.
Mimosas.

LoLites:
Having a Puerto Rican walk in on me taking a shit at the store, which was made worse by the fact that I had my shirt tied up into a knot to avoid it making contact with the toilet seat.
Guy's wind.
Getting stranded downtown on Sunday night.
Ste-Pope's junk.

Mostly a schplescher!
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 9:47 am

I never woke you up by farting, or by pressing a Darth Vader mask into your face while you were asleep, so we're even.

Also good was you pissing off the really fat woman on the plane over by saying 'fucking cunts' more times than usual. And the hostess warning us that we might get turned back at immigration due to drunkeness, when we'd had a glass of wine and a beer each, over a 9 hour period.

And don't forget wandering around the Artisan in your underpants in between pool parties.

I'm mildly surprised each time they let us back in the country, in fact.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 9:53 am

I love memory by proxy.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 10:13 am

I hate to inform you guys but you all caught Jay Reatard's suck-itis.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 10:20 am

I think Jay apologised for that on Saturday.
Posted: Sep 30, 2009 10:47 am

Just don't try to make any new albums and you should be fine.
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 1:29 pm

still feel like crap. johnny lowebows truck had the honor of the menthols sticker gracing it! it just appeared there after youalls gig at gonerfest...
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 2:43 pm

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 2:47 pm

Can she cure signing to Matador?
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 3:05 pm

Y'all need to see this nurse:

http://offbeat.com/artman/publish/article_3882.shtml

Joe P! Classic picture.
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 3:32 pm

The photo is actually much better in the magazine.
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 4:22 pm

10 Things I Learned During Gonerfest 6:

1. wear mosquito repellant. Always.
2. margaritas are definitely a bad idea
3. wear shoes in the elevator at the Artisan at 4:30 a.m.
4. trying to fold up the freakishly long giraffe legs of two English dudes in the front passenger seat of a Honda Civic is nearly impossible and may result in: a) witnessing some disgusting dry humping; b) shoe prints on the ceiling and dash; and/or c) nightmares for weeks afterward
5. even bad jokes are funny in Finnish
6. guy doesn't know how to tell time despite having a college education
7. even nice Scottish girls are game for skinny dipping, crashing a party and drinking until 6 a.m.
8. muddy spear wears underwear
9. the only way I can wake up without a hangover is to keep drinking bourbon and gingers for 4 days straight
10. Gonerfest gets more fun every year!

Thanks to EVERYONE who helped make it an amazing time!!
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 7:27 pm

idea: Traveling Gonerfest!!!!!! Just never have it in Battle Creek Michigan.
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 9:26 pm

Posted: Oct 1, 2009 9:53 pm

nice!
Posted: Oct 1, 2009 10:26 pm

even nice Scottish girls are game for skinny dipping, crashing a party and drinking until 6 a.m.

she was great! so awesome that she came all that way by herself...
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 1:52 am

Lisa..did you play for The Breeders once...fill in for a Deal sister..?
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 9:33 am

First time I heard that one...NAWT!
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 12:57 pm

I played for the Breeders once..i operated the kick drum pedal inside the bass drum.
Posted: Oct 2, 2009 10:21 pm

Listened to a little bit of the multi-track the night before last.
Really good
Posted: Oct 3, 2009 3:49 am

I hear GF6 was Bloodsports...??? much bleeding...?
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 3:05 pm

Was it really a week ago we were all getting drunk at the Buccaneer? I've been in post-Gonerfest depression all week. Such a great time, I think I enjoy each Gonerfest more than the last. Thanks Eric, Zac and everyone else involved for making it so much fun.
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 4:09 pm

I've been in post-Gonerfest depression all week.

Totally with you. It's tough to go back to work with a straight face and focus, especially the first couple of days.
But what a crazy weekend.
I had a play-by-play all thought up, but a week later it all just kind of melts together.
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 5:43 pm

I happened upon the ultimate post-Gonerfest depression cure this week.
I just went to New Orleans for three days! It worked good, but I slept 19 hours yesterday.

GF6 was super fun. Thanks, everyone.
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 7:41 pm

I have post gonerfest depression...because I didn't get to go.
Posted: Oct 4, 2009 8:42 pm

Dutch, Jack's pickup truck still has a Manthols sticker on it.

Nope. Johnny's truck. However, my truck now has a Magnetix sticker on it.
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 12:52 pm

my truck now has a Magnetix sticker on it.

Is it foaming at the mouth?
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®