Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Inhuman Eating Machine #12 Posted- TORTA JUSTICE
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 1:03 pm | Edited by: Hugh Jass

Inhuman Eating Machine #12 (TORTAS) has finally posted. TELL EVERYBODY!

The world famous Tiger Lily Chou videotaped this session. A YouTube video companion piece for this session will post as soon as she's done editing.

I'm very bummed to be missing GF6. This is the first one I won't be attending, except for #1. For everybody lucky enough to be there, here's the IEM Memphis BBQ session.
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 1:39 pm

I'm very bummed you two won't be here as well.

Look forward to the video IEM!
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 1:59 pm | Edited by: eric o

bummed you're not here either, andy! can't wait for the youtube documentation...
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 2:01 pm

Before retiring to my chambers, I stepped onto the scale. Wearing the same clothes as during the morning weigh-in, the scale registered 191.4 lbs. I had gained more than eight pounds in one day of eating, even after taking one and a half dumps.

you're better than jesus.
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 2:10 pm

few things feel better than getting paid to read IEM.

another great episode. where is my coffee table compendium?
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 2:31 pm

A bean and 3 meat sandwich affectionately called the Girlfriends Kiss.

Genius.
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Got a lot to do today. Saving this for a day when I don't. BUDGET ROCK!
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm glad I don't know you.
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 4:25 pm

Well geez Rich, I'd love to hang out with you. You could buy me Stellas and tell me your old time NY punk rock stories. Good times!
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Not you. The IEM. Sheesh!
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 5:20 pm

The IEM
man, thats a bummer. andy rules.
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 6:26 pm

I'm glad I don't know you.
That makes two of us.
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 8:35 pm

i got inspired, just had a milanesa torta. pretty good. gonna see if i can round up some cemitas in SLC tonight
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 6:48 pm

This is really long but I had to repost. The beauty I experienced reading this made me shed a small tear....

Both Man v. Food and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations recently did shows in San Francisco. Of course, they both went to the Mission District for Mexican food. M v. F went to La Cumbre. This spot claims to be the birthplace of the "Mission-style burrito." This variety has come to be what most Americans think of when they think of a burrito. Dear readers, if you're somebody who wants to get all of his daily calories from a single meal, I can understand why you would want one of these burritos. All that rice and beans inside a massive tortilla is bound to satiate most people's hunger for several hours. And if you're a vegetarian, that wad of starch is a suitable stand-in for actual food. It provides a cheap, filling meal free of meat (and flavor). I understand why you would eat these things. I was a vegetarian for many years and understand making rationalizations for mediocre food. If you don't belong to either of the above demographics, you really should look into ordering something other than a burrito when you go to a taqueria. First and foremost, eat tacos. Placing a little seasoned meat on small double-stacked corn tortillas and topping them with onions, salsa, and cilantro is pure genius. You can taste everything, as there isn't a big load of rice and gooey crema canceling out the things that matter. Granted, sometimes you don't want to have to buy several tacos to fill up and would prefer to order a single item to fill the bill. On these occasions, get a torta and leave the rice-filled burritos to children, derelicts, vegetarians, and other people who don't know any better. The torta adds many of the same delicious components of the burrito, but the rice is omitted. Because of the lack of rice and since everything is on a roll, rather than wrapped in a flour tortilla the size of a tire, the flavors are able to shine through. If you MUST eat a burrito, do yourself a favor and get it without rice and without crema. A burrito with only meat, salsa, beans, and onions is a far more flavorful option. And if you really like Mexican/Spanish rice and crema, eat the stuff as a side order by itself. You'll be stupefied by how great these foods can taste when they're not served out of a tube like Chicano astronaut food.
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 5:45 pm

Here's the video companion for Inhuman Eating Machine #12.
NOTHING is left to the imagination. It was filmed and edited by the reknown "Tiger" Lily Chou (with assistance from the legendary Canderson.)
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 5:55 pm

ANDY IS THE BEST.
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 7:24 pm

i really believe this is what youtube was invented for
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 7:24 pm

Oh my...video was GREAT! A star is born!!
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 7:28 pm

A star is born!!
no, didn't you hear him? it was chocolate and butterscotch.
Posted: Oct 5, 2009 10:32 pm

whoah.
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 6:32 pm

why not rename the blog "inhuman shitting machine"?
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 7:12 pm

incredibly wrong
Posted: Oct 6, 2009 9:36 pm

completely captured what is wrong with SF burritos

fuck that shit

Sonoran!!!!
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 12:05 am

Amazing.
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 12:18 am

Downright inhuman!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®