Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Don't Mess With Texas
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 12:24 pm | Edited by: Dutchman

One day I was walking down the street when a blind man was walking towards me, tap-tappin his cane, rockin the shades and all. When he got close enough I saw that he was wearing a 'Don't Mess With Texas' t-shirt. I didn't ask him that day but I've always wondered since: do you think he was wearing that as a warning of what could happen if you mess with Texas?

-Ryan
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 12:54 pm

Texas is gonna get it's ass kicked by NY again this Sunday. Giants rule!
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 3:57 pm

I keep seeing people who aren't blind walking around with blind canes tappin away. What's up with that?
Posted: Sep 22, 2009 8:52 pm

Texas is gonna get it's ass kicked by NY again this Sunday. Giants rule!
Asses were not kicked, but a win is a win.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 3:43 am

Maybe that was Blackie Lawless.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 8:01 am

Was it in braille?
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 8:56 am

You just can't live in Texas if you don't have a lot of soul
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 9:06 am

I don't know about that.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 9:16 am

That applied to the author Doug Sahm only....he lost a little soul, moved to SF, gained even more, and then came back.

(There are thousands of 30-thousand dollar-a-year millionaires sucking the soul right out of this part of Texas on a daily basis.)
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 9:20 am

lived there for over 10 years and there are a lot Tom Delays and their ilk in Texas and that man and his clones are souless. In fact it was the large population of mega-church, racist, ignorant shit heads that was one of the reasons I left Texas. I know, Memphis isnt really the polar opposite of that by any stretch of the imagination...but I grew up here and the ratio is much different.

So I would have to say your theory is wrong...very wrong
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 11:29 am

All in all, Texas is one of the best places live. To be more specific, Austin and the hill country. The only thing we are missing is pork bbq. In Austin, I don't have worry about being shot, robbed, mugged or carjacked. The Dutchman's thread about buying a house is pretty indicative of the crime in Memphis. Y'all are desensitizes to the fact that you accept the threat of violent crime. I can walk around my lower middle class neighborhood without looking over my shoulder. I can park my van full of gear in my driveway and know that it will be safe. I have enjoyed spending time in Memphis and NOLA, but I don't want to live in a place that refuses to deal with crime. Same goes for even Chicago. If I want to ride my bike, I don't have to deal with gang bangers wielding baseball bats. Soul does not equal crime. There's some soul left in Austin, it just gets a little harder to find as the condos go up.

Tom Delay is a douchebag of epic proportions. To identify him with the average Texan is a bit simplistic.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 1:22 pm

I messed with Texas once, nothing happened.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 2:26 pm

I heard it was like the third world. They have lousy football teams there.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 2:45 pm

They have lousy football teams there.
When the smoke clears, Cowboys will be in the playoffs. They will probably lose in the first or second round. The Texans beat the Titans last week and the Longhorns will be national champs again.

Saddly, yes parts of Texas are like the third world. This was in in today's paper:

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/news/stories/local/2009/09/23/09 23colonias.html
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 3:36 pm

The Cowboys are weak. They have a crummy coach and a lousy quarterback. They really lack character overall. Half The Giants' team was hurt on Sunday night and they still beat em. Sir Douglas Quintet rules though!
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 3:53 pm

the Cowboys only real problem is Romo. If he doesn't throw those picks, Giants lose big. Of course he did throw them so the Giants were better that game. If they had a better quarterback, they would be the team to beat. As is, they are flawed at best.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 4:04 pm

The Cowboys are flawed from the top of the organization on down. They haven't won anything in a long time.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 4:05 pm | Edited by: Vinyl Ritchie

To be more specific, Austin and the hill country

even though it is a very cool area of Texas, it is in the minority in mindset, culture and pretty much everything...90% of Texas sucks, sorry.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 4:33 pm

The main guy in charge of football personnel is Jerry Jones. Let me repeat that: Jerry Jones is in charge of football personnel.

The Cowboys are going to decline as long as Jerry Jones is calling the shots on personnel.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 4:38 pm

The Cowboys are flawed from the top of the organization on down. They haven't won anything in a long time.

13 years.

romo is the most overrated qb out there.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 4:48 pm

The Giants have been to 2 Super Bowls and won one in that time. This year will be an all NY Super Bowl. NY rules!
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 5:17 pm

The Giants have been to 2 Super Bowls and won one in that time. This year will be an all NY Super Bowl. NY rules!

That's a real longshot. Jets will fade and Giants will have a good season ending in the nfc championship game.

Overall records:
Cowboys 424-310 5 Superbowl rings
Giants 620-510 3 Superbowl rings

the Giants have some catching up to do...
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 5:30 pm

The Giants have other Championships before The Super Bowl. They don't have any catching up to do with anybody. They're the premier franchise in Football.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 5:36 pm

One day I was walking down the street when a blind man was walking towards me, tap-tappin his cane, rockin the shades and all. When he got close enough I saw that he was wearing a 'Don't Mess With Texas' t-shirt. I didn't ask him that day but I've always wondered since: do you think he was wearing that as a warning of what could happen if you mess with Texas?

Was it in braille?

I could totally make one of those for you
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 5:42 pm

They're the premier franchise in Football.

Tell that to the cheeseheads.
Posted: Sep 23, 2009 6:14 pm | Edited by: bruce

Sir Douglas Quintet rules though!

does indeed, walked into a show in australia and they were playing mendicino, made my day
Posted: Sep 24, 2009 11:07 am

The Packers and Cowboys both came to prominence by raiding The Giants coaching staff. The Giants were so great they had Landry coaching one side of the ball and Lombardi coaching the other.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®