Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Project Runway...ahem!
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 5:40 pm

I haven't heard a peep from the fashionable ladies and gents on here regarding Project Runway! Has everyone boycotted it because of the switch to Lifetime???
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 5:54 pm

I've watched sporadically.
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 6:29 pm

No, no boycott here. I've watched every week, but it's still to early to tell them all apart.
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 6:38 pm

I used to work with that girl Ari that got kicked off already, she was a nice lady, I didn't watch because, no matter how cool you may actually be, everybody seems like an asshole on those shows
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 8:19 pm

I am not watching until days later due to my husband's work schedule; trying to rustle up a viewing party with a particularly fashionable Memphis lady so I can have a discussion partner pronto.

I have to say I wanted to kick that insecure chick working with Epperson in her teeth. He's talented and experienced and she's not and cannot admit it. The bodice on the gown from the "Surf-Inspired" challenge was fantastic. Christopher bugs the crap out of me. Ra'mon--I didn't think he had it in him, but he was the ONLY one who truly did something "surf-inspired" and whatshisname, his partner on the challenge? He reminds me of Andrew Cunanan.
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 9:22 pm

i just got back from australia, gimme a minute
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 8:05 am

Nothing on there I am too thrilled about yet.
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 2:46 pm

I thought it was definitely time for Ms. JCPenney's womans wear dept. (i.e. Qristyl) to go home. Very cheesy designs. I didn't really understand why all the judges were hating on the guy from Seattle's dress that he made for his model- it wasn't the best but it didn't deserve such scorn. Oh, and Angelina's stylist (the guest judge with curly hair) is a bitchface. I'd like to see more of her.
Posted: Sep 11, 2009 2:49 pm

Oh, and Angelina's stylist (the guest judge with curly hair) is a bitchface. I'd like to see more of her.

Yes!
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 1:20 pm | Edited by: saispas

(the guest judge with curly hair)

She was the stylist on Confessions of a Teen Idol and she RULED. She made a few of them totally freak out and I think one left the house initially for styling him in a way "that wasn't HIM, man!"

Bring her back. She fits with the new budget of Lifetime.

As far as this week, Epperson stole my heart when he talked to his kids and honestly, the dress he made was truly much more versatile and "sellable" than the suit that Althea made, even though I like her too. The suit was perfect "girlfriend of a rap star" gear, but Epperson's dress could be made in many different colors and he could do a tank top version I'd buy in a heartbeat. I hate that dude, Nicholas, but his model looked good and his dress was cool.

Agreed about Logan's dress--it matched his model, who is beautiful and the most unique-looking of the bunch. True, if he'd done a pencil skirt, it would have been better. Those 50's influenced dresses are super hard to make, so good try.

Has anyone watched the Models show that follows each episode yet? I DVR-ed them, but haven't seen a one.
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 1:22 pm

Oh and Christopher? UGH! That green column thing with flutes on bottom and top in kelly green??? Oh my gawd.
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Has anyone watched the Models show that follows each episode yet? I DVR-ed them, but haven't seen a one.

I keep forgetting to DVR them.
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 6:30 pm

they are up on lifetime.com or whatever it is(cannot beleive i'm watching something on lifetime) one in, trying not to read about stuff till i catch up
Posted: Sep 14, 2009 8:00 pm

Models of the Runway=Moments of catty brilliance.
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 11:17 am

on another note- anyone seen 'Toddlers and Tiaras' on TLC? It's horrifying and wonderful. I wish I had been a pageant baby.
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 11:25 am

scott and i use the '"i'm just too conceptual for america" quote around the house quite a bit...i
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 11:25 am

also saw that christian soriano has a payless shoe line out..look like torture devices though...
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 1:09 pm

'"i'm just too conceptual for america"

That was hilarious.

The quote I've been using this week is:

"Your dress is boring."
(say like Klum)
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 1:56 pm

I'ma get in on this shit REAL soon...TV is so whatever to me these days...I'm off my game.
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 4:09 pm

on another note- anyone seen 'Toddlers and Tiaras' on TLC

That show disturbs me to no end. My girlfriend would watch it and I would have to leave the apartment. No cable now, so no worries.
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 5:48 pm

That show disturbs me to no end. My girlfriend would watch it and I would have to leave the apartment. No cable now, so no worries.

So, you don't want a child who makes the pageant circuit?? Why not!?
I think it's terrifying too, but unlike you, I can't stop watching it. Some of the mothers deserve to have a tiara shoved up their ass- I can't believe how demented some of them are!
Posted: Sep 17, 2009 7:01 pm

how demented some of them are!

Slutty-looking baby pageantry wouldn't exist without demented parents...one without the other could only be the work of Satan himself...or Rupaul.
Posted: Sep 18, 2009 12:29 am

i got my hour of family with children, now she gets her hour of project runway.

my questions...

does anyone see/hear tim gunn as a gay version of don draper?

will god please smite that east village asshole with the yellow teeth?
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 8:30 am

does anyone see/hear tim gunn as a gay version of don draper?

That is a stretch, but you just made it. I will probably not be able to ever view either the same again.

Nicholas is just awful. What was "East Village Punk Rock" about that dress? I loved how snotty the judge was who said it was " like an insect; NY in another way,cockroaches!" Heh.

My favorite paper designs: The winning coat, Epperson's avant garde thing and again, Althea's.

Am I just offended by the sight of Christopher and biased against him or does his stuff SUCK? How the fuck could they love that horrible faux-feather/paper mache nightmare? What was so incredible about cutting feather shapes and putting them onto muslin as a skirt?
Posted: Sep 19, 2009 12:18 pm

I hate the arts and crafts challenges...just make some real fucking clothes!

I haven't quite got their names yet, but I second ALL that, Saispas...that coat was awesome.
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 4:45 pm

Take it light, Fatma! You're no Tanisha!
Posted: Sep 25, 2009 4:47 pm

And It looked like jizz in Nicholas' model's hair. That shit Ra'mon did was a tragedy. Everybody called that. Those stories about the costumes were the lamest shit ever
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 2:13 pm

So, people, anyone captured by the new Lifetime version? I am in total hate with Heidi; she charmed me for the first two seasons, but she is a dumbass, Teutonic whorebag: "For the first time in Project Wunway hishtowy, I am speechwess."

And I think Tim Gunn is using mad drugs. He can't seem to wait to get out of the workroom and back to a fix (drugs? young rented boys?)...

I was bummed about Epperson because I liked him as a person, but he is not made for this show. The other thing I've noticed is a tendency away from the appreciation of anything unusual/original and a taste for Gossip Girl/The Hills-style cocktail dresses to the exclusion of almost anything else.
Posted: Oct 12, 2009 2:13 pm

But Matar is fine. Are all Israelis that hot?
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 12:39 pm

This season is weird. It doesn't rile me up as much as past seasons did- kinda boring actually. Michael Kors and his orange skin and blazers is back, which might add some bitchy spice. I guess I've never really been impressed with Heidi Klum, she has never been that appealing to my tastes nor has she ever seemed that funny. None of the designers are very memorable but I have felt that some of the designs that got ripped on by the judges (i.e. Epperson's and Christopher's) weren't totally deserving of their wrath. I feel like Althea makes the same shorts every fucking time. Blah.
Are all Israelis that hot?
Speaking of hot Israelis! http://www.dlisted.com/node/32740?page=1
so scary.
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 2:55 pm

Keerist!

C'mon. Somebody find us some Mossad calendar boy shots or something.

Back to PR, the second that idiot Nicholas won for that cheap, tatty piece of Little Theatre costume a few weeks ago, I was over it.
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 5:20 pm

Speaking of hot Israelis!
Pam on crystal meth going as Pam for Halloween as
photographed by David Lachapelle on crystal meth.

HAHA!

Yeah, I'm having a really hard time developing strong opinions about this season. I watched a bunch of the marathon yesterday, and while the entertainment value hasn't diminished enough to put me off the show altogether, the designers are either more likable, but not particularly endearing; or annoying, but not annoying enough. I guess the problem is that not one of them is OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MIND...and who's ever heard of that in a bunch of fashion design types?
Posted: Oct 13, 2009 6:17 pm

this is what I think about it, babby
http://www.somethingawful.com/flash/shmorky/babby.swf
Posted: Oct 14, 2009 9:58 am

I guess I'm of the same opinion as you, SP. I like my fashion designers batshit crazy. I think that is why I am so bored with the whole fashion thing altogether. I didn't renew Nylon (even though their beauty section rules), I "unfollowed" the NY Times fashion Twitter...it all just bores me to tears, plus everything is so damned expensive that how can that be any fun? It is fine when you are 23 and drooling things you could never afford, but when you hit 40 and that is still your lot in life, how is that anything but demoralizing?
Posted: Oct 16, 2009 3:46 pm

Irina is a huge bitch and not in a likeable way either. That model of the runways show afterwards is pretty boring- does it get more interesting the more you watch it?
Man, Christopher keeps getting reamed over and over- he was pretty solid until recently and now he makes one horrible mess after another, I don't think he has any more bottom 3's left in him.
That's all the enthusiasm I can muster for yesterday's PR, nothing inspiring as usual.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®