Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Good News / Bad News
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 2:41 pm

Here's the good news:

From an exclusive in the Mirror Phil Collins reveals he will never drum again due to spine injury

Phil, 58, said: "I've got a condition that means I can't play any more. After playing drums for 50 years, I've had to stop.

"Obviously I'm very sad about it. My vertebrae has been crushing my spinal cord because of the position I drum in.

"It comes from years of playing. I can't even hold the sticks properly without it being painful.

"I even used to tape the sticks to my hands to get through."

And now the Bad news:

"But don't worry, I can still sing."
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 2:51 pm

phil collins played drums on thin lizzy mama nature sings and it is fucking balls on !
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 3:32 pm

phil collins played drums on thin lizzy mama nature sings and it is fucking balls on !

no shit?!?!
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 3:49 pm

played on some of the best eno shit, too...
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 4:38 pm

i don't believe it
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Well, so much for that Brand X reunion tour everyone's been waiting for

He WAS a great drummer, though...
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 7:08 pm

played on some of the best eno shit, too...

None of his past greatness as a drummer excuses the aural holocaust he has foisted on the world in the subsequent years. Perhaps this is some sort of karma.
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 7:25 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®