Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / hey replacements fans/geeks
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 1:43 pm

whats too much to pay for a VG copy of sorry ma i forgot to take out the trash?
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 3:30 pm

$15
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 4:57 pm

Didn't that get reissued on vinyl recently? I know some of their stuff did.
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 5:00 pm

Just Tim and Pleased To Meet Me.
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 5:25 pm

though they are both good records, i cant see paying new record prices for them. theyre easy to find already, tim is maybe a 6-8$ record, pleased to meet me aint worth more than a buck or two.
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 6:28 pm

i thought they did a remaster on take out the trash with some demo stuff thrown in on a double lp?
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 8:04 pm

Nope, just Tim and Please to Meet Me.

I need vinyl copies of Stink and Sorry, Ma. My birthday is on Fri.
Thanks in advance, you little rascals.

Scott Rogers gives poodles enemas with his tongue.
Posted: Sep 6, 2009 8:34 pm

i have originals of both but they are not for sale.

happy birthday in advance.
Posted: Sep 7, 2009 9:55 am

You wish you were a poodle, don't you?
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 10:53 am

1 cent = too much
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 1:42 pm

You're crazy. Don't listen to the advice of someone who doesn't even like ZZ Top.
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 9:09 pm

I live in the house where Sorry Ma, Stink, and Let it Be were recorded.

Lisa, I agree with Scott. U crazeee, gurl!
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 9:28 pm

Yeah, these reissues are more expensive than originals. It's a bummer. Why? There's no recording cost. Remastering, mixing, whatever. blah.
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 9:38 pm

Why?
a whole new generation of record collectors like 180 gram vinyl
Posted: Sep 8, 2009 10:53 pm

220 gram should add serious cost. but 22 buck lps? 180 gram don't get it.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 8:30 am

Plus those albums suck.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 8:37 am

I have original copies of Sorry Ma, Tim, and Pleased to... I think I paid the most for Sorry Ma at around 15 bucks. I don't think they are that hard to come by.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 8:46 am

Plus those albums suck.

Proof positive.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 8:52 am

HOOTENANNY!
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 9:32 am

Scott likes Don't Tell A Soul.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 9:52 am | Edited by: LisaLisa

My hate is connected to a crazy rageaholic ex-boyfriend that was obsessed with the Replacements. I went with him to see Paul Westerberg for 3 NIGHTS (GAH!) and we ended up in a high speed chase (seriously, for like 30 minutes) when a Somalian kid sideswiped the car in downtown Minneapolis... never wanted to listen again and don't feel like i'm missing much by not.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 10:06 am

Well, he IS kinda like an artist. . .
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 12:12 pm

Scott DOES like Don't Tell A Soul. I do, too (even though I'm a bit embarrassed to admit it).

The Rhino re-issues don't sound that great, either. They're not bad, but they're not the revelation I was hoping for. Pretty disappointing. Of course, maybe the original releases didn't sound that great either.

The trick is, I don't see any used Replacements records often (except Don't Tell a Soul --though Goner had an old copy of Pleased to Meet Me a few weeks ago), and I don't know if you'll get a better price on Ebay...even on a used, standard copy in VG condition.

My copies of Let It Be and Hootenanny sound EXCELLENT, though. I wish all records sounded that good.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 12:16 pm

Did all the Twin/Tone masters get destroyed or something? Or is that more drunk Replacements legend?
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 12:33 pm

It's just a legend.

Rhino remastered ALL of the albums on cd, but only the two on wax.

I sent them an email asking about the rest, and they said that they had no plans for doing the others.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 12:56 pm

the twin tone records sound better than the ones put out by sire.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 2:29 pm

They should never have stopped working with Steve Fjelstad and Bob Stinson shouldn't have died. Either that or they should really have hired me instead of that other guy even though I couldn't play that good. Then I wouldn't have had to join The Pontiac Brothers.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 3:05 pm

My hate is connected to a crazy rageaholic ex-boyfriend that was obsessed with the Replacements. I went with him to see Paul Westerberg for 3 NIGHTS (GAH!) and we ended up in a high speed chase (seriously, for like 30 minutes) when a Somalian kid sideswiped the car in downtown Minneapolis... never wanted to listen again and don't feel like i'm missing much by not.
Best ever reason for not liking a band.
Posted: Sep 9, 2009 8:55 pm

Best ever reason for not liking a band.

Agreed
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 1:46 pm

Great record. Not embarrassed.
Posted: Sep 10, 2009 2:53 pm

Then I wouldn't have had to join The Pontiac Brothers.
wow you know jon wahl xoxoxoxox
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 9:01 pm

I placed a bid on a bootleg copy of "Shit Hits the Fans" for like 20 bucks but was outbid. Ultimately the record went for 50 bucks.
Posted: Sep 12, 2009 9:56 pm

My brother bought me a copy of that one. New. The dumbass left it in his car and it's a bit warped.

A heavy clamp makes it more playable.

It feels kind of like a dirty trick...nice gesture, though.
Posted: Sep 13, 2009 11:43 am

You're a heavy clamp.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®