Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / This is just what I've been saying all along.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 11:26 am

Posted: Aug 20, 2009 12:42 pm

if it wasnt for the beatles you wouldnt have oasis. remember oasis..??
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 12:59 pm

The Beatles were only great for the second half of 64 and all of 65. Best album-Beatles For Sale. End of story.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 1:27 pm

I think I hate Beatles fans more than the Beatles themselves, well maybe Paul I hate more.

People who say they're into music and namecheck "the Beatles" are like people who say they like fluids and, when pressed for their favorite, name water.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 3:31 pm

people who say they like fluids and, when pressed for their favorite, name water.
this may be the most brilliant analogy ever.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 4:36 pm

no, water is the building block of life. without it, you are dead. most people are dehydrated to some extent and would benefit from a healthy dose of water. energy drinks full of salt and high fructose corn syrup and chemical colorings, or soda or even my favorite beer are not enough to properly hydrate you.

paul wrote helter skelter. most of the beatles albums have at least a few good songs on them. people, especially younger people, who claim to be into music and namecheck the beatles, i think thats a good thing. its better than "i'm into everything" which translates into "i'm not really into anything at all"
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 4:45 pm

I think I hate Beatles fans
fair enough ,we hate you back , ya weenie liberal sissy cream puff no talent no taste fuckface puke.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 4:54 pm

Your opinion means nothing
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 5:19 pm

Water is the most important fluid on earth. Anything that has a cell needs it....so that is a really shitty analogy actually
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 5:24 pm

Best album-Beatles For Sale

I actually think the UK version of A Hard Day's Night is even better. Great songs, fewer covers. I'd put the UK Help right up there too.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 8:44 pm

Wings was better anyway.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 9:04 pm

ya weenie liberal sissy cream puff no talent no taste fuckface puke.

This really hurts...
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 9:09 pm

i don't give a fuck about wings, unless they came off a chicken. the beatles are ultimate godhead. if you disagree, you have a chip on your shoulder and i'm glad i ain't got it.
Posted: Aug 20, 2009 9:49 pm

I actually think the UK version of A Hard Day's Night is even better. Great songs, fewer covers. I'd put the UK Help right up there too.

me too re uk help
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 12:16 am

i don't give a fuck about wings, unless they came off a chicken.

so sad. so very, very sad.
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 5:21 am

I got that comp called "rock&roll music" ; even thou the cover is one of the most ugliest thing ever, it comps all of them rockings hits, and when you hear it you realize they were one of the top 5 rockin bands in history, period. even when harrison sings carl perkins stuff, it sounds better than jagger singing bo diddley's...
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 9:54 am

US version of Help is great too. Just scored an old original LP.
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 10:39 am

i've been really getting into Magical Mystery tour lately /gay

also, why everybody hate Dark Horse? It's kind of muddy and meandering, but I love that shit.
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 10:39 am

Posted: Aug 21, 2009 10:48 am

the beatles are ultimate godhead. if you disagree, you have a chip on your shoulder and i'm glad i ain't got it.

I agree 100%.
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 12:16 pm

Beatles set the standard for "rock group" via their supposed true-to-life exploits as depicted by R. Lester in "Hard Day's Night".

Everybody is following in their footsteps, for good or bad.
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 3:07 pm

Water is the most important fluid on earth. Anything that has a cell needs it....so that is a really shitty analogy actually

Well, without getting into the importance of water, et al, I will say that the analogy, as scientifically unsound as it may be, was fucking funny. And, at the end of the say, that is what matters. Water can kiss my dick.

Man, I am hungover.
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 3:32 pm

you know what is really good for a hangover?

water.

drink 2 glasses before you start drinking alcohol. then you will be drinking to get drunk, not because youre thirsty. then drink another glass before you pass out. your hangover will be far less severe.
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 3:41 pm

sounds better than jagger singing bo diddley's...

NO WAY!!!

really getting into Magical Mystery tour lately

blue jay way and baby youre a rich man

i think the early beatles stuff is good, but not that great. certain later stuff just destroys it though. every 2 bit band was doing those shitty covers, and their early originals are all like lala love or whatever. shit like rain, tomorrow never knows, etc comes outta nowhere, there wasnt a blueprint for that stuff, they invented it. way more interesting than yeah yeah yeah or another shitty rockabilly cover.
Posted: Aug 21, 2009 11:07 pm

the beatles are ultimate godhead. if you disagree, you have a chip on your shoulder and i'm glad i ain't got it.

I could imagine saying that your first year in college to some granola-eating preppy poon from the dorm floor downstairs, but seriously? Beatles are overrated.

I know my analogy is imperfect, it wasn't meant to be absolute. I just figure, who's going to say "throw on some Beatles" when they could be listening to the Butthole Surfers or Morbid Angel or Flipper or the Pet Shop Boys or Negative Approach or Dakthrone or Camper Van Beethoven or Monster Magnet or the Monkees or... anything, really.
Posted: Aug 23, 2009 4:25 pm

In the immortal words of Abba\'s biggest fan \"Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck the beatles\" and fuck their simpering, humorless, grovelling sychophants!
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 8:11 pm

Beatles set the standard for "rock group" via their supposed true-to-life exploits as depicted by R. Lester in "Hard Day's Night".

Their thing, like so many of the other groups from their time & place (scene?) is totally about aping Buddy Holly. Post skiffle. Band of teenagers playing original rock and roll music. Lest we forget Johnny Kidd & The Pirates who predate them by a bunch of years, were older and light years more professional, and completely created the blueprint for the early Beatles sound. I think Beatles are genius. Grew up listening to them, don't really so much anymore cause I don't need to. But they sure weren't gods.
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 11:09 pm

I love the Beatles. If Thee Oh Sees put out an album of equal quality to Abbey Road you dorks would be jerkin' to the beat.

They wrote great songs. A lot of assholes love (worship) em because that's all they know, but that won't stop me from liking it.
The Beatles 'rocknroll music' vol.1 was my first tape I got when I was in first grade. still have it, still rules.
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 11:12 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

"I'm Only Sleeping" is great - regular ass rock bands don't just write a song like that.

aaahhhh:
Posted: Aug 26, 2009 11:23 pm

"i'm into everything" which translates into "i'm not really into anything at all"
ha! very true.
Posted: Aug 27, 2009 1:03 am | Edited by: Record Shop Asshole

If Thee Oh Sees put out an album of equal quality to Abbey Road you dorks would be jerkin' to the beat.

That's because it would be good AND it wouldn't sound like The Beatles.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®