Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / He is Risen!
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 11:21 am

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 12:18 pm

Oh my god.

Who won't go away more? Favre or Willie Herenton?
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Favre has un-un-un-un-retired.
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Way to skip training camp, Jesus
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 12:47 pm

An interception waiting to happen. Aside from the tough guy thing, Favre has totally destroyed what was left of his legend. Go Giants!
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 12:53 pm

Dont worry, he's old enough now that if he gets hit hard enough he'll have a carreer ending concussion. Which he needs.
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 1:24 pm

I think I could hand the ball of the Adrian Peterson 20 times a game. It's actually a great fit. He has a good line, a great running back and since everyone will be gunning for the run, he'll have receivers wide open. 13-3.
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 1:34 pm

You obviously haven't been watching the dude for the past 5 years. Completely wilts after first half of season. Which accounts for all the interceptions. I'm old too. I know how it feels.
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 5:33 pm

ha!

just when everyone was finally convinced he really was retired this time, then this!

this shit is really, really funny. cant wait to see him getting sacked and tossing interceptions for the vikings!

maybe he'll break a hip out there, old man.
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 5:53 pm

The only reason he's doing this is to settle some kind of score with the packers management for not taking him back the first (or was it the second?) time he "came back." It's really just kind of sad. I'll definitely be rooting against him when the pack play the vikings.
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 6:06 pm

You obviously haven't been watching the dude for the past 5 years. Completely wilts after first half of season. Which accounts for all the interceptions. I'm old too. I know how it feels.

He's going to have a great defense, a very good line and a great running back. All he has to do is hand the ball off and occasionally hit a wide open receiver because all the defenders are in the box. This is the ideal situation for an old nag. Think Elway in his last two years with Terrell Davis.
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 6:44 pm

All this said I'd still rather see a reality show about Favre than one about T.O.
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 7:01 pm

Posted: Aug 18, 2009 8:30 pm

All this said I'd still rather see a reality show about Favre than one about T.O.

Ain't dat da truff!!

But...to Brett Favre: How can we miss you if YOU WON'T LEAVE??!!
Posted: Aug 18, 2009 8:44 pm

Brett has reti(r)ed...Brett has risen...Brett will come again!!
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 9:28 am

All he has to do is hand the ball off and occasionally hit a wide open receiver because all the defenders are in the box. This is the ideal situation for an old nag. Think Elway in his last two years with Terrell Davis.

I disagree 100%. Favre doesn't have the self-discipline to be a "game-manager". If they wanted a game-manager, they shoulda dragged Trent Dilfer outta retirement.

Brett is gonna throw more INTs than TDs this year. Last year he threw 22 TDs and 22 INTs. His RB was Thomas Jones, who led the AFC in rushing. Yes, Peterson is much better than Jones, but the jets' steady running game didn't prevent him from throwing 22 picks. That's a LOT of turnovers.

When Brett steps on the field, he's act as though he's in his twenties, when he's really got a 40 year old arm. It happens to all of the greats. They simply will not listen to their aging bodies.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Favre doesn't have the self-discipline to be a "game-manager". If they wanted a game-manager, they shoulda dragged Trent Dilfer outta retirement.

Unbeliever! Heretic!

Seriously, though, the implosion will be the source of much amusement.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 1:42 pm

What Andy B said. Since when did Favre ever have any self-discipline?
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:10 pm

What was that Movie, Everybody's All American, where Dennis Quaid won't retire from football? Wasn't he a southern boy who was looking to escape the real world? Life imitates art, again.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:19 pm

Art imitates life: Johnny Unitas + Chargers = EPIC FAIL.

But who gives a shit how any times he retires/unretires? He skipped training camp like a bitch. That's what makes his teammates lose respect. Even if he knows the offense, he doesn't get much time to know the players.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:29 pm

he doesnt even try to get to know them. same thing he did with the jets.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:41 pm

Since when did Favre ever have any self-discipline?

Since he limited himself to 30 Vicodins a day, digging undigested ones out of his poop to retake them. That is self-discipline!
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:46 pm

When he went to the jets, they changed the entire offensive terminology so Brett wouldn't have to learn it. The jets decided it would be better if everyone else on offense had to learn a new offensive language, instead of Brett.

But then again, the jets are a pathetic organization that will never win anything.
Posted: Aug 19, 2009 4:47 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

I sat there during that entire epic Playoff game on The Giants miracle road to Super Bowl victory waiting for the interception. Luckily it finally came in overtime. What a choker.
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 11:59 am

Following script so far. Expectations soaring. The glow of nascent success. Visions of Lombardi trophies swirling in the ether.

It makes the inevitable fall so much more enjoyable.
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 12:58 pm

Can the 49ers shut him down again next week?
same tragically flawed QB, different tragically flawed franchise
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 2:34 pm

tragically

As in the tragedy of our Lord and Saviour?

I thought so. Praise be unto Him.
Posted: Sep 21, 2009 6:03 pm

Posted: Oct 6, 2009 10:34 am

and a great offensive line never hurts...
Posted: Oct 7, 2009 3:34 am

my left side is better that your left side
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®