Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Possibly you could also ask these bastards: How can you sleep at night?
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 10:19 pm

One woman's crusade against the Sailor Jerry brand

"If you can afford to buy a bottle of falsified rum from a liquour company that poses as his estate and lies about its donations, possibly you can make a small donation of your own to the family and the woman that loved him so much."

Written by Shanghai Kate, who knows what she's talking about.
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 10:42 pm

fuck sailor jerry's i only drink bundeberg rum
Posted: Aug 14, 2009 10:46 pm

Posted: Aug 15, 2009 7:31 am

Current mood: betrayed
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 9:57 am

rum schmum i'm keeping my fingers crossed for frank frazetta absinthe
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 10:41 am

Someone told me about this the other day.

Here's the scoop:

When Jerry died his will basically said "These handful of people can buy my shop and designs. If they don't... burn it to the ground."

Hardy and Malone (being among the handful of people he respected) scraped it together and did so.

---

Her claims are ridiculous, if anything, because she's had a book of Jerry's stencils that she has sold FOR YEARS and not once thought to contact the family to offer them shit. Funny how that's omitted.

On top of it all, Jerry's son came out to the film screening in Hawaii and was stoked. He even hooked them up with old footage of them.

She's just trying to draw attention to further her own career and only now decided to speak out because Malone is dead and can't call bullshit on her like he was able to in the past.

----

Moreover, William Grant (the maker of the rum) did buy the company and is a family-owned business (and not publicly traded).

----

Jerry didn't like anything and he DEF wouldn't like the new Box Elders record
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 10:49 am

DEF wouldn't like the new Box Elders record

Because it awesome?
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 10:56 am

Because it awesome?

Because it's liberal, hippie shit
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 11:09 am

Oh, and if anyone REALLY gives a shit about what this crazy old lady has said check out the link below. It's got a pretty good account of what I was saying:

http://www.tattoodles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16994
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 4:01 pm

sounds like he woulda rather had it all burn than be bought out by some shitty corporation.
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 4:02 pm

Sailor Jerry was the Brad X of Hawaii
Posted: Aug 15, 2009 4:06 pm

awesome

Cough.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®