Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / How did you look in 1988?
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:01 pm

I wore T-shirts and acid washed jeans, sweatpants and ballcaps and some Jams that were already out of style. I never rocked the Zubaz or Aqua sock, couldn't afford a Jet Ski back then. In the winter it was dual layer sweatpants and shitty Nikes accompanied by an off brand big puffy blue jacket my mom picked out. Goner fashion show for GF6 ..??
-Chris.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:09 pm

Worst perm ever. Black tights and blue and black big striped mini dress. Ankle boots I still wear today. Fly eye sunglasses. 20 pounds thinner.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:33 pm

Stupid
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:36 pm

that would be the summer i had my mohawk. so if you know me now, imagine me looking pretty much the same, only about 3 inches shorter, with a mohawk, and 15.

i spent a good deal of that summer listening to "wig out at denko's" if i remember correctly.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:47 pm

i miss my maui & sons/ t&c shirts.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 7:56 pm

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:48 pm | Edited by: SSSSSSS

C.O.C. shirt, levis, converse hi and a buzzcut.
Evidence.

Main difference these days is that Chucks are for special occasions only. Too much time in them yields the gnarliest foot cramps imaginable.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 8:57 pm

zep, floyd, jimi, or beatles or chili peps t-shirt. stussy pants. vision street wear. mullet.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 9:01 pm

Christian Hosoi t-shirt, black hi top vans with a red stripe, skater haircut.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 10:47 pm

bleached hair, mullet style, mailorder punk rock shirts and camo pants.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 10:57 pm

sheet I was 40
had a girl friend
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:01 pm

probably wearing army surplus clothes and carrying a knife.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 11:24 pm

fake Wayfarers, combat boots, crinolines, 50's circle skirt dresses, bad spiral perm, friendship bracelets...bong in the glove-box of my 280Z...boyfriend's puke on the backseat.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 12:17 am

Jheri curl, red leather jacket (no sleeves), cowboy boots, nose ring w/ chain that hooked to my ear ring, stone washed (cut-off) jeans) and a beret.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 12:26 am

Jheri curl, red leather jacket (no sleeves), cowboy boots, nose ring w/ chain that hooked to my ear ring, stone washed (cut-off) jeans) and a beret.

I was more New Edition than Jonzun Crew.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 1:36 am

I looked about 12 is how I looked; jeans and t-shirts, but not band ones just yet and I had glasses I fucking hated
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 2:57 am

14, suburbs, denim jacket, LOVED Operation: Mindcrime
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 3:35 am

no way honkey lips!!!
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 8:19 am

rich balls is jane child!
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 9:38 am

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 10:06 am

Pixie cut dyed with some sort of reddish-brown L'Oreal box color. Looked about 12 years old. Wore mostly ripped up leggings, indie rock t shirts or cut up pajama tops. Oh yeah, loved china flats too--both the slip on ones and the mary janes. BIG EARRINGS.

No makeup except L'Oreal Saucy Mauve lipstick.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 10:16 am

I just remembered this jacket I had. Black, stone-washed denim with the brand logo (can't remember) embroidered across the entire back of the jacket and black leather zip-out sleeves! Bitchin'!
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 10:37 am

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 10:52 am

high and tight. BDUs. fancy new-issue kevlar helmet. tab of acid.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 11:31 am

white high-top converse that you folded over to reveal... stripes! denim jacket with G n R pin. some worn-ass preppy-ish hand-me-downs from an older cousin. long-ass bangs swept to the side.

(i was in 6th grade, btw)
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 11:33 am

high and tight. BDUs. fancy new-issue kevlar helmet. tab of acid.

you were hunter s thompson?
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 11:45 am

I was about to come out of my mother's womb
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 12:49 pm | Edited by: Jesse Garon

Mohawk for about 10 minutes, then shaved head.
40 (!) lbs. lighter due to bout with amoebic dysentery...
Stylin' in clothes from the dead man's market
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 12:55 pm

Capes and pantsuits.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 1:04 pm

A lot better than now.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 1:48 pm

I wanted a Panama Jack hat real bad. Jimmy Z glow in the dark shirts were off da hook.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 3:24 pm

I really miss the orange striped 60's mini dress...but not the bff...she was a real asswipe:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f139/Remabuenning/rahawaii1-1.jpg
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 3:32 pm | Edited by: The Driver

jeans, t-shirts, home-cut hair...not much has changed

yes, that's a bird (Mono Man's) on my shoulder
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 3:37 pm

Mono Man rules!
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 4:15 pm

I was 14. Had a mullet, wore sweatshirts and jeans everywhere. Never left the house without my Minnesota Twins Fitted hat. I had some hand me down clothes from my brother and about 20 OP and Hobie Tshirts.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 4:52 pm | Edited by: spazZ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8cvKImVadE

this is you now?

http://www.myspace.com/jacobarmen

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 6:14 pm

I was killin' it in sixth grade!!
Gotcha from Marshalls!!
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 8:10 pm

501's, Pendletons, skater T shirt, Vans or Chucks.

Not much has changed.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 8:14 pm

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 8:25 pm

C.R.U.C.I.A.L.
Posted: Aug 5, 2009 9:38 pm

Posted: Aug 5, 2009 11:12 pm

Was 16. Butt-hein perm. Retainer. White Keds shoes that I'd painted, falling apart. Tight roll. Baggy shirts.
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 2:19 am

Airwalks, Ocean Pacific shorts, old skool Brewers logo tee, Nash skateboard. I was 7.
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 3:26 am

metal up your ass t-shirt, black lee jeans, converse basketball boots, schoolboy haircut, bushido cross.
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 3:39 am

this is you now?

http://www.myspace.com/jacobarmen

yea, the kid has grown, but still boring...
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 9:09 am | Edited by: Janderass

this might have been '87 or '88
You're Marv Albert's kid?!??

Wait. Is that actually Marv Albert?
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 9:35 am

t-shirt of whatever band I had recently seen at the Antenna, chuck taylors, jeans..and reluctantly short hair because i was going to CBHS...it wouldnt be until 1990 when I was out of high school that my hair grew to the dirtbag hippie rocker length I desired all through high school...
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 10:05 am

You're Marv Albert's kid?!??

No!

Wait. Is that actually Marv Albert?

Yes!
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 1:38 pm | Edited by: dutch hercules

Nash skateboard
skate board people back in 88 told me not to get a Nash, but buy a Psycho Stick from VISION. 4 years later I bought a VISION Jinx. And some VISION skate shoes with ollie pad..and walla!!! still sucked at skateboarding.
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 4:48 pm

Summer 1988:
skinny black jeans, black t-shirt, chucks, jean jacket with fake fur, embroidery and patches all over it

Winter 1988:
skinny black jeans, black turtleneck, leather motorcycle jacket, doc martens

year round:
Betty Page hair, heavy 60's eyeliner and a wrist full of black jelly bracelets and ball chains

Date night/gigs: same except black tights w/ leopard mini or b & w houndstooth mini instead of jeans.
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 4:53 pm

girbaud jeans, panama jack or hypercolor tee shirts or some retarded perfectly 80's jumperesque thing keds. poofy ass hair in a side ponytail! oh yeah! man i loved my orange 3/4 sleeved panama jack baseball tee. sigh
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 5:38 pm

ball chains
i thought you were a chick
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 7:02 pm

ball chains
i thought you were a chick

haha, nice!

1991, close enough...
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 8:23 pm | Edited by: queenothetwist

'89. Can someone remind me why shaving the sides of your hair under a ponytail was a good idea?
RAMPAGE!!!
Posted: Aug 6, 2009 11:39 pm

Tie-dye-ish green hypercolour t-shirt that turned neon pink when you blew snot on it. Black corduroys. Black adidas track pants with yellow neon stripes and stirrups. Cheap velcro shoes. Some kind of bad bowlcut.
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 10:57 am

Rampage was the shit! I was always the Wolfman.
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 1:28 pm

dude i had TOTALLY forgotten about rampage!
Posted: Aug 7, 2009 7:07 pm

Weren't those hypercolour shirts the ones that used to get pre/teens in trouble for heavy petting??

My parents wouldn't buy me that shit, and I don't even think I was even petting myself in 1988.
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 9:52 am

Z Cavariccis and collared Coca Cola shirts.

When I finally saw the light, I was all Dr. Seuss top hat and marijuana leaf mardi gras beads. No tall bikes back then though.
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 10:12 am

When I finally saw the light, I was all Dr. Seuss top hat and marijuana leaf mardi gras beads. No tall bikes back then though.

quote from haunted george:

Joe, I remember when we were at that Rave on a ton of X. We were running down that grass hill and your Dr Seuss/Cat in the Hat-hat came off and you tripped into me and I swallowed my pacifier. I started bad tripping but those Phish/Hippie Neo-Hippie guys and that girl dressed like Zena Warrior Princess all grabbed my and stroked my body while chanting, "Mellow, Mellow, Mellow..." Later you choked on your whistle while dancing to the House/Jungle/trance re-mix of "James Brown is Dead"
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 1:25 pm

Rampage was the shit! I was always the Wolfman.

I was always the Lizard. Duh
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 8:43 pm

I remember Kalamazoo being one of the cities you could destroy in Rampage, but we dont have that many tall buildings.
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 9:05 pm

Blonde devilock, Puma or Adidas white leather hi-tops, tight 501s, Ozzy or Megadeth shirt, flannel over that. Indeed not much has changed except the devilock won't be returning in this lifetime unless I join the Hair Club for Men. Saw Metallica twice on the Justice tour!

-Ryan
Posted: Aug 8, 2009 10:54 pm

Saw Metallica twice on the Justice tour!

Saw them twice also with The Cult opening. Steve Jones came out and played with The Cult at one of the shows.
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 12:43 am

Either a late era devilock hanging midface/ parted on the side or a buzz cut. Naturally gravitated to a look similar to the late 70's industrial culture paramilitary style, or just comfortable plaid thrift store pants and blank t-shirts. Dressed like The Music Machine once that year for speech class project on the history of garage rock.
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 12:49 am

im thinking i had white jeans and mullet, jean jacket and la gear shoes. 11 years old with a mustache. gold chain and glasses.
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 1:40 am

Man, when I was like six, I used to wear huge T-Shirts with tiny shorts and people thought it was weird but fuck it, right? I've still got a T-Shirt from those days, a Bugle Boy with all kinds of incomprehensible Italian all over it that I would wear in a heartbeat if it wasn't one of the rarities that was actually made for someone who's four feet tall.

Got one of my brother's wacky "weird science" looking button-up overshirts and it does fit me! Yeah!

Oh, I wasn't wearing glasses yet, I was six years old and tow-headed. Not the best combination in a 95% black elementary school but later one of my lead tormentors took to calling me "Cobbarelli" and telling anyone who'd listen that "I went to his birthday party in kindergarten! We ate sherbert!" Rad!
Posted: Aug 11, 2009 11:00 am

Posted: Aug 11, 2009 3:49 pm

URL

How I thought I was ugly and fat is beyond me... I also hung with the metal kids in high school, since "punkers" get beat up and they yell "nice hair DEVO"
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®