Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / So Psyched!
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 3:38 pm

Get to NOT order the new Reigning Sound album tomorrow. Does life get any better than this? (Also wrestling with the whole Box Elders thing. As many of you know I have a strict policy against bands named after Pavement songs.) Will be ordering the new TV Ghost album though. Haven't been able to find anything against them.)
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 3:39 pm

pavement invented box elders
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 5:19 pm

Dude, they named themselves after the Wedding Present cover.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 5:40 pm

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 5:54 pm

box elder, mo is the lyric but there is no box elder in missouri. there is an insane amount of conjecture amongst pavement fans about if malkmus meant box elder montana or not. i can't believe the useless stuff that still rattles around my fucking skull.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 7:39 pm

Posted: Aug 3, 2009 8:13 pm

I believe the Box Elder is a tree, no? That the town was named after....and really...fuck Pavement and all Pavement references..
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 8:32 pm

i thought it was an insect but what the fuck do i know.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 9:17 pm

Box Elder Tn too i think
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 9:35 pm

Box Elder is a tree, no?
yeah, acer negundo. also a bug and a county in northern utah.
pretty sure it says on their myspace they named themselves after the bug.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 9:56 pm

Box Elders are these fucked up bugs that kept getting into my house this past spring.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 10:04 pm

According to Clayton they are named after an insect that plagues the state of Nebraska. But, regardless, being named after a Pavement song isnt a deal breaker in my book.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 10:07 pm

debris slide.
Posted: Aug 3, 2009 11:05 pm

anyone who knows the name of a pavement song is a faggot.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 12:26 am

fuck Pavement and all Pavement references..

jealousy at the softball skills of another is not becoming.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 1:07 am

he's got nothin'..
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 9:15 am

Never heard of a box elder bug, around here it's a tree...and I never figured the Box Elders were huge Pavement fans, guess you never know.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 9:40 am

Posted: Aug 4, 2009 1:39 pm

Revolver rep wanted to know why I didn't order RS today. Bwahahaha!
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:17 pm

did you tell them it's because you're too busy watching the mets get ready for the pennant race?
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 2:31 pm | Edited by: ryan brown

he's got nothin'..

decent hoops player. not quite up to par with Jesse, the former Shins drummer, who is a tough point guard. i REALLY enjoyed frustrating Malkmus with some Tom Izzo style defense. it was almost as fun as beating that Disjecta dude. he always got real pissy.
Posted: Aug 4, 2009 3:47 pm

i think i know the Disjecta dude you're talking about, if he plays softball as well..and pissy doesn't even do him justice.. total a-hole..
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®