Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Paul Revere & The Raiders' lead guitar player- Drake "The Kid " Levin RIP
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 7:38 am

After a lenghty battle with cancer, Paul Revere & The Raiders' lead guitar player- Drake "The Kid " Levin - died this morning, July 4th with his beloved wife Sandra at his side. He was 61. You can email your condolences for Drake and Sandra Levin at: raiderdrakelevin@yahoo.com It's so ironic that Drake Levin died on the 4th of July considering the patriotic name of the band he was in. For a story on Drake's passing, hit the link below. Some people may find it hard to believe, but there was a time Paul Revere & The Raiders could not be touched, putting out hit after hit. They were the first rock & roll band ever signed to Columbia Records and made it big when they became the house-band on Dick Clark's Where The Action Is TV show that appeared on weekday afternoons.

http://www.louielouie.net/blog/?p=1207
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 2:28 pm

R.I.P.

Paul Revere & The Raiders, a kickass band
Posted: Jul 5, 2009 2:30 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE Paul Revere & the Raiders...

there's some serious guitar action on alla those songs - R.I.P.
Posted: Jul 6, 2009 10:14 am

I've ripped off Paul Revere and the Raiders more than any other band out there I think. The doubled solo on Just Like Me RULEZ!!! RIP
Posted: Jul 8, 2009 11:43 am

PR & the Raiders were huge - on TV EVERY DAY during the week at their peak. Drake was there during the glory years.

And, the original band did play on the records. The session guys came later.

RIP.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®