Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Question for the Hi Tone
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 10:49 am

I've seen Hi Tone folks on the board from time to time, so I'm hoping one of you sees this... If someone bought tickets online for this weekend's shows but won't be able to attend, what's the best way to put their will-call tickets in someone else's name?
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 10:51 am

Just went thru this - you gotta get the person who ordered the tickets to contact the Hi Tone via email (thehitonecafe@gmail.com) with their ticket confirmation number & tell them that they are switching the tix over to the new attendee's name...
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 10:56 am

Word, thanks! (Super stoked to see you guys play on Saturday!)
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 11:12 am

no prob - we're looking forward to playing!
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 11:18 am

Super stoked to see you guys play on Saturday!

yeah, me too, can't wait to see how anthony and t- OH WAIT.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 11:55 am

Anybody got the scoop on print-at-home tickets.

Does the name on the ticket mean that it's only transferable by that ticket holder, with ID, or does simply possessing the bar coded ticket allow entry to anybody, regardless of the name on the ticket?
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 1:25 pm

Anybody got the scoop on how hot it's going to be in the Hi Tone? The forecast on Friday is for a pleasant 97. Will there be nurses on staff waiting with iv drips at the ready? Will we be seeing far too many people we didn't want to see without their shirts on?
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 1:28 pm

hot, yes and yes
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 1:32 pm

Thanks, Bruce. I knew I could count on you for some reliable info.

One more question. Do people in Memphis wear speedos to shows in the summer time?
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 1:39 pm

of course, but you must have your goggles on as well
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 1:39 pm

I'll remember to bring them.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 1:48 pm

Leftpeg, are you gonna be in Memphis for this?
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:00 pm

Yep. I'll be there. You? Perhaps we should start a roll call thread.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:07 pm

Yeah, Elspeth (my roommate in Portland and still in Chicago, whom you may have met) and I are flying in Friday afternoon. I think our plane lands around 2pm, then it's straight to Payne's + Goner.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

oh shit. we need to warn paynes!
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:23 pm

NO PAYNE'S / NO GAINS
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 2:29 pm

no shit! they better not run outta meat!
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 4:12 pm | Edited by: hitone

yes, just email us if you have changed your name. a whole shitload of people have done this, so if you're in-line for this, it may take awhile.

also, whatever you do, do not park at the Circle K, the apartments directly behind the bar, or the Memphis College Of Art. They bought up a bunch of property around here, so if there's a sign that says don't park there, just don't. They'll tow it without hesitation. You can park on Tucker, Buena Vista, Barksdale or the circle drive at the park.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 4:21 pm

What about printed tickets. If your name is not the same as on the printed ticket do other arrangements need to be made?
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 4:53 pm

if anyone wants to change their will-call tickets to my name, i'd much obliged.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 5:02 pm | Edited by: hitone

What about printed tickets. If your name is not the same as on the printed ticket do other arrangements need to be made?

if it's a bundle of tickets, and are coming with the person who bought them, no. but if you're showing up without the purchaser, yes.
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 5:03 pm

if anyone wants to change their will-call tickets to my name, i'd much obliged.

ditto
Posted: Jun 17, 2009 5:15 pm

Good enough. Thanks Hitone!
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 12:06 am

yes..warn soul fish too.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:27 am

Warn Green Onions. He's got a crowd to please.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 9:52 am

if it's a bundle of tickets, and are coming with the person who bought them, no. but if you're showing up without the purchaser, yes.

have 3 paper tix. one has my name on it and the other two i bought from a couple. what will i need to do to be able to use the 2 tickets i bought from them with their names on them? i mean are they checking id's against names on every ticket?
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 3:34 pm

you need to have them switch the names around.

if anyone else needs to switch tickets around, email info@ticketbiscuit.com or call 8667578330

do it today. after midnight tonight, we will no longer be accepting any transfers.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 3:35 pm

hitone -- I emailed you yesterday about transferring some tickets. Should I have received a reply about it by now?
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 3:40 pm

we got it. thanks.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 8:39 pm

anybody get will call tickets transferred to their name and get a confirmation email? does your name appear or just the original purchaser? gotta get it figgered out quickly!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®