Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / CD boombox for the car?
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 8:18 am

So the old tape deck in my '91 Olds has bought the farm and I'm soon heading out for a few weeks on the road. I'm hesitant to spring for a new car stereo for such an old car that I don't drive very often, so I'm looking for a CD boombox that can handle the bumps of the road. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 9:58 am

Posted: Jun 15, 2009 10:23 am

I'd just get a cheep CD deck for the car. Has an mp3 player jack, only 60 bones.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 11:13 am

Thanks to both of you. I'm probably not going to go for a car deck since the speakers are also pretty blown and I'd need to get new set of those, too. Baker, I can't tell from the description --- do you know if that Sony can deal with road travel? I ask because I tried to go this route one year but the player would skip even with very incidental road bumps. By the time I made it to Mississippi I just gave the box to RL Boyce.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 11:25 am

Make tapes. They don't skip. Another problem solved by Rich Riggler.
Posted: Jun 15, 2009 12:48 pm

sony boxes don't skip much: ask the bros in bed stuy as they dodge incoming fire: it's aces for the crips
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®