Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / bad decisions by upper management at work
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 11:04 am

Besides hiring me, that is.....

So, we belong to a trade network, where we are able to barter goods and services in trade. So, with the economy in a downturn, this has become lucrative to newer companies looking to get started on the cheap. So, because we are a printing company, so many people come to us to make flyers, etc that it is ridiculous. They are sent here from the barter people and we gladly take the work. There are bars that take these trade dollars, so we often go out and get blitzed on trade dollars. Anyways, we have several customers whom we visit daily near our office with pickups and deliveries. With each delivery, we drop off a piece of candy, a pen, etc. This gets expensive. So, at the end of last year we had a ton of trade dollars to use up, so ownership decided to buy these candy bars in bulk from one of the trade networks as a means to have something to drop off to the customers. We bought them sight unseen. We should have checked. We got 100 boxes of chocolate candy bars from a fundraiser for Pensacola Christian Academy. Nothing like a proverb from Acts 16:13 on your freebie gift, delivered from a Jewish owned company. Nice.
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 12:00 pm

Candy's candy! I'll take it off your hands!
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 12:28 pm

How about printing some stickers to slap on those babies.
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 2:20 pm

They are foil wrapped and stamped, not your average paper wrapper. It would look even worse. I just get bored and eat it. Next time I head to memphis I will donate some to Goner.
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 2:32 pm

Acts is old testament right?
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 2:34 pm

No - the Acts of the Apostles is pretty firmly in New Testament territory.
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 2:57 pm

Speaking of testaments: The Bible In LEGO's.
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 3:37 pm

Holy shit.
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 7:02 pm

Speaking of testaments
they have warnings on them...

"- CONTENT NOTICE -
The Bible contains material some may consider morally objectionable and/or inappropriate for children. These labels identify stories containing:

= nudity = sexual content = violence = cursing
"
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 8:30 pm

Amazing! I love legos today!
Posted: Jun 11, 2009 11:32 pm

The Bible In LEGO's.

that shit rules!!!!!!!
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 9:06 am

mind = blown.
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 10:32 am

The Bible In LEGO's.

that shit rules!!!!!!!

Hell yeah! Heh heh, check it out! God's making out with a man!
http://www.thebricktestament.com/genesis/garden_of_eden/gn02_07b.jpg
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 10:33 am | Edited by: Janderass

Posted: Jun 12, 2009 10:43 am

Christ Almighty... who endured the tedium of the Old Testament and Lego's to make all that shit?
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 11:26 am

Whomever they are, I want to buy them a beer.
Posted: Jun 12, 2009 4:42 pm

Christ Almighty... who endured the tedium of the Old Testament and Lego's to make all that shit?

A much better use of time
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®