Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / CHEATER SLICKS "Don't Like You" DEMOS!
Posted: May 12, 2009 9:41 am

Posted: May 12, 2009 9:44 am

ps GONERFEST !
Posted: May 12, 2009 10:15 am

Fuck the Slicks!
Posted: May 12, 2009 11:04 am

there's gonna be vinyl too, and next year, a THREE LP BOX SET of "Forgive Thee."

DUDE!!!
Posted: May 12, 2009 11:12 am

YES!
Posted: May 12, 2009 11:16 am

yea!!! tom told me the same thing 3 lp box/gift/treasure box set. Get the Guinea Worms, Eric!! ???!!
Posted: May 12, 2009 11:17 am

but iiiiii'll sttill be your fray-uhnd!
Posted: May 12, 2009 11:18 am

Yeah, when Tom Shannon told me about this stuff happening, I got really happy!
Posted: May 12, 2009 12:36 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

(following the trend)

YEEEEAAAAHH! Tom told me too!
Posted: May 12, 2009 12:38 pm

this is all good news.
Posted: May 12, 2009 12:40 pm

i read about this on the internet. just now!
Posted: May 12, 2009 12:43 pm

we'll fiiiight until the end!
Posted: May 12, 2009 3:53 pm

Goddamn life's beautiful!
Posted: May 12, 2009 10:21 pm

Tom just got the re-pressing of Bats In Dead Trees the other day. It is being re-issued as a dbl. LP, but I don't remember what the other record is.
Posted: May 12, 2009 10:48 pm

My brains feel good now
Posted: May 13, 2009 1:58 am

ps GONERFEST !

What's up with that? Tom told me they'd never been asked to play.
Posted: May 13, 2009 2:03 am

Goddamn Eric!

Dutch did not tell me about the Forgive Thee 3x LP. Can't believe I had to wait 2 day to read about it on the internet. "Arm Yourself" is the one that does it for me.

Guinea Worms are on tour in August. They're playing UFO #5 in August. Maybe another Columbus band.
Posted: May 13, 2009 2:33 am

Dutch did not tell me about the Forgive Thee 3x LP.

i fergot...they had one forgive thee cd left at used kids..i buyed that up...the tom said its comin out in vinyl in a year..i said "shit".
Posted: May 13, 2009 8:28 am

Bats In Dead Trees is being re-issued as a dbl.

what??? when's this available???
Posted: May 13, 2009 10:14 am

And, more interesting, what's on the 2nd slab?
Posted: May 13, 2009 11:32 am

alternate take? it'll be like the cd issue of ornette's "free jazz."
Posted: May 16, 2009 2:57 pm

Just copped 2 of the limited edition Bats In The Dead Trees lp's-autographed by the band w/a sticker and everything! If you're in NYC come by and cop one.
Posted: May 17, 2009 8:18 pm

Oh man, someone pinch me
Posted: May 17, 2009 10:26 pm

Good news.
Posted: May 18, 2009 12:46 am

Just copped 2 of the limited edition Bats In The Dead Trees lp's-autographed by the band w/a sticker and everything! If you're in NYC come by and cop one.

COPS, filmed on location.
Posted: May 19, 2009 2:07 am

rich..you still sendin out that lp???
Posted: May 26, 2009 5:02 am

Was at Dana's this weekend for his daugther's 5th birthday party. Dana says the 2nd record for the Bats In Dead Trees re-ish is the record release show for Bats....

I don't have video on this one. What can I say? I can't make every show.
Posted: May 26, 2009 10:15 am

Name-dropper.

Sold 1 of the autographed Slicks recs. Got 1 left. Step!
Posted: May 26, 2009 1:26 pm

I'll pay you big bucks if you take a dump on it.
Posted: May 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Name-dropper.

I am the godfather of his aforementioned daughter. Besides, you're the one playing up autographed copies of their record as only a record store clerk would.
Posted: May 26, 2009 3:51 pm

Hmm. Instead of hurtling insults at me as usual I thought you'd be appreciative that I'm trying to help your favorite band in the world out. I can easily put them on the do not buy list along with "Ed" if you like. Nobody else in NYC carries their stuff.
Posted: May 26, 2009 3:58 pm

Instead of hurtling insults at me

What insults?

I thought you'd be appreciative that I'm trying to help your favorite band in the world out.

And how, pray tell, is the record store clerk doing that?
Posted: May 26, 2009 4:11 pm

I guess by not ordering any more of their records, you fat stupid loser. Good job!
Posted: May 26, 2009 4:18 pm

Besides, you're the one playing up autographed copies of their record as only a record store clerk would.

I thought "rr" was being sarcastic.

Ding Le Dangle
Member Posted: May 26, 2009, 1:26 pm Quote I'll pay you big bucks if you take a dump on it.

OMG!! The Canadian school system actually cranks out bigger morons than the U.S. school system.

B.O. CHOP! CHOP! Start copying the Canadian school system!
Posted: May 26, 2009 4:28 pm

What insults?

You still haven't answered that question.

I guess by not ordering any more of their records

You guess? What an indecisive record store clerk! & stop this anyways. It wasn't a good or threatening comment during your spat with Greg O & it's even less effective here.

you fat stupid loser.

You should try being a fat stupid loser. It'd clearly be a step up.
Posted: May 27, 2009 1:19 am

OMG!! The Canadian school system actually cranks out bigger morons than the U.S. school system.

You suck Cheater Dick too, Lips? I can´t believe all you groupies just take the finger from your FAVORITE band. Goddamned, how stupid can y´all be.
Let that band fuck off to Southern Lord, now that they are keepin on the SPECIAL LIMITED BONUSTRACKS AND BULLSHIT route.

I think the Slicks are the band with the most loyal fanbase in Loserville, and releasing Limited Stuff, while all those fans are hungry as fuck for new Slicks records, is so fuckin stupid and lame and arrogant it makes me sick.

And for my edumacatium, I spent about just as as much time in the ´American Schoolstystem´ as in the Canadian.

But I still fart in your face.
Posted: May 27, 2009 7:13 am

We have 500 copies of \"Bats\" sitting in my living room right now. They do not have covers yet. I\'m trying to get the artwork and money together for that second batch, so that I can get them to distributors.

None of this has anything to do with depriving people of our music. The first pressing was just supposed to be a fun \"art project\" thing (hand made) and now we will be selling the record like any other. All of Lost Treasures of the Underworld records are small batches, and he likes to do weird little things to make the records more interesting. I think he\'s just bored. So we went along with it. The records he sold to RR were a few we sent with him to NY for the noise fest they had there. He wanted to try to sell a few of the new batch to raise money for the jackets for the rest of the batch. We\'re just trying to have fun with this release and do it a little differently so the record evolves over a period of time. The last version, if we can get it together, will include the live show we did for the record release. I know it\'s a little pretentious, but I think the very concept of doing this type of record is a little pretentious so we felt...what the fuck...go all the way to the logical conclusion. Also the live show is way more fucked up.

Unfortunately this stuff takes money to make happen and David and Dana were laid off a few months ago and there are no jobs in Ohio right now. I have been scrimping and saving to try to do recordings and put out records. We do not have a record label, let alone Southern Lord (which I would not want to be on). Our next studio record will be on Columbus Discount Records. They are going to help us record at the legendary Musicol Studio here in Columbus (which is like going back in a time machine) so it seems like it will be a fun project. (Still have to write the songs though). We have a 7\" coming out on CDR in late summer. It is limited because it is their singles club. I will have a few copies for sale if someone needs it and isn\'t part of that club.

As for our records being unavailable in NYC...all of our records are out of print on LP. \"Walk into the Sea\" was the biggest disaster story of all time distribution wise...but I won\'t go into that. But then again \"On Your Knees\", our first record, went straight to the cut out bins when it came out. Scorpio was its only distributor because the label went defunct about the day it came out and sold the whole pressing for pennies on the dollar. It was a popular item in the Rhino cutout bins in about 1990.

And to make the Canadians feel better, we just recorded a Roy Orbison song for a record coming out of Toronto. I don\'t think it\'s limited...but how would I know? That\'s the label\'s business.
Posted: May 27, 2009 8:11 am

We sell some Cheater Slicks lp on Crypt. Don't know if it's OOP but we can still get it. Or at least we could until Gene started opening his big mouth.
Posted: May 27, 2009 9:47 am

cool! thanks for those demos! I had read that slicks were kinda disappointed by the spencer mixing...
Posted: May 27, 2009 10:43 am

And to make the Canadians feel better, we just recorded a Roy Orbison song for a record coming out of Toronto. I don\'t think it\'s limited...but how would I know? That\'s the label\'s business.

I'll ask the Canadians about that R.O. song.

YOU HAVE NO LABEL? That is the weirdest thing. Esp since their is a label that says you were thrown in their lap, and they thought this was the best deal ever.

I know of a label that asked Larry about asking you for a record, way back. They got no answer, cause they was tiny, I guess.

I have to presume it's your choice that you have no label, cause you were on Dead Canary, and that label aint no poopshoot (well, maybe for that one Don Howland record).
Posted: May 27, 2009 11:13 am

Dead Canary is no longer a working label. I just said that we are doing a record with Columbus Discount Records. It is not a label in the established way that you were implying (I.E. Southern Lord). When we were on In The Red we did not do records for other labels except for the Crypt reissue of our first LP. That was indirectly arranged by Larry at In The Red. It was an unwritten agreement we had with the Larry not to record for other labels. Plus that would have been an awful lot of material to come up with. Size of label obviously does not matter to us...look at the history...Gawdawful, Dogmeat, Lost Treasures, CDR...none of those were (are) widely distributed labels. Even In The Red was just starting when we first started working with him.

I have no idea whose lap we were thrown in. Is it a secret?
Posted: May 27, 2009 1:19 pm

me to ding le dangle re: shenanigan-

"FACE!"
Posted: May 27, 2009 2:00 pm

(Just for the record: I am glad you don't wanna be on Southern Lord.)

Larry threw you in Dead C's lap cause he wanted Demons Claw. You and D.H.

That other label asked Larry after you had released nothing on ITR for a long time. Years ago.

I don't like searching Ebay for a record that is one day old. So I don't. Instead I say: 'Fuck you, Mr. Band.'

"FACE!"

Joseph,
what the fuck do you mean by that?
Posted: May 27, 2009 2:04 pm

that you're stupid.
Posted: May 27, 2009 2:05 pm

PS
Posted: May 27, 2009 2:18 pm

From the first day I talked about "Bats in the Dead Trees" I made it clear that we were repressing it, and that this was only the first handmade version. That's pretty common these days. No need to go on ebay at all.

I figured you had a Demons Claws connection, but I don't understand the hard feelings because we've always gotten along with those guys, and I even let Piero borrow my keyboard for their US tour a few years back when they recorded their In The Red record.. Demons Claws did a photo shoot in my garden that is used all the time for their promos. I like the band.

I won't go into the details of my dealings with In The Red at the end, but let me assure you, you have the facts all wrong.
Posted: May 27, 2009 2:38 pm

No no, I don't have a Demons Claw connection. Really don't know them. Don't blame them.

All I can say is that I hope I'm wrong about ITR. But I really wouldn't know why the person who told me would lie about this to me. Ah well, fuck it.

Joe,
I now put my finger between my lips and go: 'bidibidibidibidibidibidi'.
Know what I mean?
Posted: May 27, 2009 2:47 pm

Larry threw you in Dead C's lap cause he wanted Demons Claw. You and D.H.

I don't know where you got this info but it's 100% incorrect. The Demon's Claws had absolutely nothing to do with ITR not doing the last Cheater Slicks album. You were definitely misinformed.
Posted: May 27, 2009 3:11 pm

at least we could until Gene started opening his big mouth.

Such an angry record store clerk.

Cheer up. Lots of people enjoy life. Join us!

In fact, tell you what... I have a baseball card of your boy John Maine that is signed by him & has a piece of his 2004 rookie jersey incorporated into the card. Send me the store address & I will forward to card to you as a gift.

I have to presume it's your choice that you have no label, cause you were on Dead Canary

Seriously, what do you really know about Dead Canary? Have you ever even met Lou Poster?
Posted: May 27, 2009 3:17 pm

I don't know where you got this info but it's 100% incorrect. The Demon's Claws had absolutely nothing to do with ITR not doing the last Cheater Slicks album. You were definitely misinformed.

I got it 'first hand', as they say in the trade.
Weird, very weird.
Posted: May 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Seriously, what do you really know about Dead Canary? Have you ever even met Lou Poster?

I am sure you are the only guy on this board who can suck his own dick, and not because it's so big.

Seriously, what do you know about anything, yeah, you know those assholes that Joe likes licking so much better than Joe, so you are allowed to put your head up there all day long.
Okay, you the man, YOU THE MAN! YOU EVEN KNOW LOU POSTER. YOU MUST BE THE MAN.
Posted: May 27, 2009 3:53 pm

Um, I know Lou...and Don,...and a guy named Steve. But I really want to know when and where I can score the repress? Looking forward to it. Thanks
Posted: May 27, 2009 3:58 pm

I am sure you are the only guy on this board who can suck his own dick,

Don't need to. I got internet lapdogs like you to do this for me.

because it's so big.

Interested in the dick size of board users? Sad.

Seriously, what do you know about anything,

Clearly I know more about how Dead Canary operates than you.

Okay, you the man, YOU THE MAN! YOU EVEN KNOW LOU POSTER. YOU MUST BE THE MAN.

Nah, I'm just an honest, hard-working citizen.

I like how you get mad when someone calls you out. I'm not sure if you graduated from or flunked out of the Action Man Internet School For The Mentally Challanged. You should see if Canada's national healthcare covers personality implants.
Posted: May 27, 2009 4:00 pm

I really want to know when and where I can score the repress?

When - No one knows yet.

Where - Probably the record release show or Used Kids.
Posted: May 27, 2009 4:03 pm

Who is Dingleberry Le Dangle and who cares? A faux-agitator that runs on bottled pussy farts. Action Man without the sense of humor and historic knowledge. Bradx without the heart and wise Injun philosophy. A farce. A facsimile. Either a hipster douchebag in slacks-too-tight who looks in the mirror all day jerking off to his own reflection or an overweight, homebound computer jockey who hasn't seen the sun nor gotten laid in 7 years or so. His drivel lacks the smarts or the stupidity to be worth reading on this particular forum.
Posted: May 27, 2009 9:31 pm

you americans are really weird.
Posted: May 27, 2009 9:41 pm

you americans are really weird.

So says an Aussie. Like yer' one to talk!
Posted: May 27, 2009 10:04 pm

just imagine one of them is bad alex, rigid
Posted: May 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Dead C

It's bad politics baby!
Posted: May 27, 2009 11:13 pm

Jesus. I think TOR and SHENANIGAN would be as "first hand" as it gets.
Gossip is foolish. Tom you don't need to explain shit to anybody.
fuck this guy...

JA
Posted: May 27, 2009 11:39 pm

or james
Posted: May 27, 2009 11:40 pm

alright. i've got mullett in a singlet at a psytrance rave.
Posted: May 27, 2009 11:53 pm

fuck you bruce.. I'm gonna kill you...
those mp3s are taking forever... maybe 2 or 3 more minutes for the first batch.
Posted: May 28, 2009 12:07 am

alright. i've got mullett in a singlet at a psytrance rave.

Excellent. Wait... what?
Posted: May 28, 2009 1:18 am

[i]Who is Dingleberry Le Dangle and who cares? A faux-agitator that runs on bottled pussy farts.[i]

Ha! You got me there.
Posted: May 29, 2009 1:35 pm

and who cares?

Exactly.
I cannot believe someone can be so bored as to insult and fabricate events you haven't had a fucking thing to do with. Cheater Slicks are an amazing band who deserve more than what they've gotten and deserve more than message board slamming. I mean, fuck, get a life...both Dingledick & the 'store clerk'.

If you don't like them, why devote so much time to them?
Posted: May 30, 2009 2:43 am

O, I like their MUSIC. A lot. Big fan.
This is not about if I like their music or not, this is about Special Limited Editions and shit, a thing I am totally against. Fuck that. I got a few bucks I can spend on music; I want the stuff from my FAVORITE bands.

You groupies make no sense. But that's your job, of course.
And how about getting them a label: this is the part I don't understand.

Furthermore:
There was a 'first hand' that told me that story. But I don't know if he's been in this topic yet (don't know all the aliasses). Maybe it was out of anger about something else, maybe it was a drunken rant, maybe it was just, well I Don't Know.

Here's the deal:
1. All you collector groupies keep on treating this band like Wham and maybe you'll be the lucky winner of a Special Limited Release.
2. Non-Collector Peasants: let's go to my place and get drunk. Got bottled pussyfarts from all over the world. I can recommend the Japanese Underaged Schoolgirls Pop.

Thank you,

Queef Cantina
Posted: May 30, 2009 3:27 am

so just wait for the repress like everyone else...?
Posted: May 30, 2009 12:54 pm | Edited by: Useless Eater

Still excited to get the Forgive Thee vinyl.

If it was 1984 he could order it from the Troll Book Order Catalog. Scholastic was fantastic.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=trolling
Posted: May 31, 2009 4:48 am

I Don't Know.
Yep.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®