Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / It's Time for a New Purse
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 10:13 am

Fashionable Ladies and Gents--

I can spend up to $150.

Leather preferably or heavy canvas.

Spring=COLOR...but no DayGlo neon (why this trend returned I will never understand) or pastels...

I am certainly OK with supporting the handmade Etsy crew...as long as it isn't made like crap and doesn't have applique bunnies, bare tree branches or deer antlers et al all over it.
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 11:30 am

You go girl!
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 11:32 am

I see all these guys walking around downtown with Mike Stiper's record store bags. Tres chic!
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 12:01 pm

I'm going!

(to buy a goddamn handbag)
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 7:56 pm

are you wanting something large (hobo) or small (clutch) or in between???
Posted: Apr 29, 2009 8:01 pm

Posted: Apr 30, 2009 8:56 am

elle--medium-large...not a true "hobo" bag though; something a bit more structured, but not all fancy with chains and clasps etc.

SSSSSSS--Oh noooooooo...
Posted: May 5, 2009 1:50 pm

I wonder how punk I would feel if I took a dump in a 150 dollar purse....the more expensive the punker I'd feel, I'm pretty sure.
Posted: May 5, 2009 2:23 pm

the wife can't afford this, says me

http://www.bodenusa.com/en-us/Womens-Accessories.html
Posted: May 5, 2009 2:56 pm

Good choice. Nice color, too!
Posted: May 5, 2009 5:33 pm

Thanks! Yeah, I contemplated getting the black one, but hey, it is Spring! Found a 20% code for Urban Outfitters too as well as free shipping.
Posted: May 5, 2009 6:17 pm

try to avoid the curse of a siamese purse
Posted: May 5, 2009 6:54 pm

The bigger the purse.. the lower the self esteem?
Posted: May 5, 2009 9:26 pm

No, the bigger the purse, the bigger the fool. You'll never find anything. But if you carry a tiny purse, you may as well not have one at all. It is a fine line, my friend.
Posted: May 6, 2009 1:11 pm

me likey....
Posted: May 8, 2009 12:02 am

Posted: May 8, 2009 1:40 am

elle--medium-large...not a true "hobo" bag though

I say go hobo bag. More girls need to walk around with a "bindle". Classic polka-dot handkerchief tied on a stick. Try this ladies.
Posted: May 8, 2009 1:56 am

I ended up getting this one, but it is on backorder for a couple of weeks.

you paid that much for that bag? yikes. it's alright, but not 168 dollars alright.

whew.

i'm more of a structured handbag kinda gal too though. i like something with a lot more angles or a bit boxier. i have a couple of nicer large bags, but they're really not my thing. i got one of those d&g bags with the large stripes, but i don't really carry it often. it was a gift and not my cup of tea. if i carry a large bag, i'll end up carrying books and all kindsa other nerd stuff in it and that don't work when going out to a bar.
Posted: May 8, 2009 8:33 am

you paid that much for that bag? yikes. it's alright, but not 168 dollars alright.

Why gee thanks, elle!

I've paid much more than that for a bag; you'd probably be unimpressed with those too. I wish I had around $2K for a decent leather handbag, like a Balenciaga or Gucci or Bottega Veneta, to be honest.

I actually paid around $136 for it, but I would have paid $150 for it, which was my cut off price this time. I am not gonna carry some Macy's shit for Guess or Fossil that will have some fake gold hardware and tassels and crap.
Posted: May 8, 2009 6:23 pm

I like that purse Saispas. There are just certain things I am willing to pay good money for- makeup, shoes, bras, and one day a really nice purse- I\'ve had the good luck of having my 2 fancy purses gifted to me. I don\'t even know where to look online- I tried finding a purse for months and all I found were hideous tassled and bedazzled pieces of shit.
Posted: May 8, 2009 6:46 pm

you got a fuckin problem with bedazzled pursers, niggah?
Posted: May 8, 2009 9:58 pm

Nice shade of green.
Posted: May 8, 2009 11:22 pm

They call that green "seafoam"--I think it would be a good bathroom color, but I painted ours pale pink instead to go with all the vintage grey tiles. But seafoam would look just as great really.
Yep Franny, I am the same with cheaping out on certain things but not handbags, belts, wallets and of course, SHOES! I have bought some cheap shoes but only with the expectation that they'll die quickly.
Posted: May 12, 2009 8:22 am

Got the bag--it is better than expected and of incredible quality for $150. The zippers are brass and heavy duty and the thing weighs a ton as the exterior is heavy suede with a kid leather straps and pocket. Only the interior is cotton. My only complaint is that the cell phone pocket is for some tiny mouse sized phone and I have an iPhone.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®