Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Fantastic punk/hc collection for sale on eBay.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 5:20 pm

I'm not collecting any money for this & I don't benefit in anyway, but the collection of someone who I think was a head honcho with Mordam Distribution is up for sale on eBay & some of it is serious-as-a-heart-attack rock 'n' roll.

I'm stoked over plenty of this stuff. There's so much stuff that I've lowballed a bunch of things & I'm sure I'll get a couple anyways.

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/greasybobeasy_W0QQ_nkwZQQ_armrsZ1QQ_from ZQQ_mdoZ
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 6:05 pm

sometimes i wish i was a rich dude.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 6:35 pm

sometimes i wish i was a rich dude.

You don't have to be. Look at his completed auctions. There's plenty of interesting stuff going for <$10. That's not rich.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 6:38 pm | Edited by: eric o

Eugene Chadbourne!
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 6:47 pm

some interesting shit in there...
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 8:37 pm

Thanks for the heads-up! In, low-balling on some of the other stuff!

Eugene Chadbourne!
I've got a Eugene Chadbourne "Thick Magazine Exclusive" EP available w/ Jello Biafra on side A and Jimmy Carl Black on side B available if anybody cares.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 9:18 pm

Goddammit. Thanks Gene. I think. I might have to hope I don't actually win everything I just bid on...yikes.

-Ryan
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 9:18 pm

That's not rich
but it adds up quickly...
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 12:20 am

dammit anyhow. making me want things i can't afford right now. gah.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 1:50 am

Thanks Gene.

I'm your boy.

I might have to hope I don't actually win everything I just bid on...yikes.

You seem like the kind of guy to me that looks at that Faith/Void split & thinks "Well, goddamm..."
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 11:12 am

"Well, goddamn...I already got that so I'm going after this other awesome shit instead!" I already got my ridiculous bid on the Faction lp trumped so now I feel like I can go strong at some of the other goodies.

I believe this stuff was from Ruth Schwartz' personal collection, by the way.

-Ryan
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 11:38 am

I put some bids in. Mullett, you're a bad influence.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 12:52 pm | Edited by: benwah

fantastic

gets a thumbs up for the Tales of Terror LP but a thumbs down for
the lack of any Zoogz Rift...

Zoogz Rift takes any 'great' collection and turns it into a 'fantastic' collection...and if said collection happens to contain Zoog's live release:
"Can you smell my genitals from where you're standing", then based on the other material included in that now-deemed "fantastic" collection, it could bump that collection into the "over the top" collection category...

that's what Zoogz does...
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 3:22 pm

That Nip Drivers EP rules.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 3:38 pm

So does that Killdozer "Intellectuals are the..."
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 10:42 pm

I believe this stuff was from Ruth Schwartz' personal collection

You are correct, but I didn't expect anyone to know who she was.

I put some bids in. Mullett, you're a bad influence.

Can't rape the willing.

Killdozer "Intellectuals are the..."

What can I say? I'm fucking wet.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 10:58 pm

You seem like the kind of guy to me that looks at that Faith/Void split & thinks "Well, goddamm..."

"... I should just glue it, Faith side down, to the turntable."
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 12:27 am

OMG, the ridiculous keyword spams are making me wanna hurl.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:08 am

I gotta Overkill 7" for sale. Black Flag Meat Puppets St. Vitus Minutemen TOM TROCCOLI'S DOG
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:09 am

Someone came in last minute & pinched a giant loaf on my Teddy & The Frat Girls record. I already have one, but it's got black marker on the cover. I'd keep the nice one & give mine to someone else. That's a record more people should be aware of.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:33 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

Make an offer on my Overkill 7".
It's not the shitty overkill, it's the kickass overkill
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:40 am

I gotta Madness record with black marker on it. Signed by seven of the motherfuckers. One step Beyond. I'll let it go for $100.00
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:07 am

Someone came in last minute & pinched a giant loaf on my Teddy & The Frat Girls record.

Does that record sound like Harry Pussy? I understand T&tFG is pre HP
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 12:06 pm

I gotta Overkill 7" for sale.

Motörhead, or Men At Work?
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 1:43 pm

No Trend!
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 6:09 pm

That Nip Drivers EP rules.

Love Kill Whitey and that Gray Matter LP is amazing (and that is the pre-Discord release that was very limited)

I am very surprised to see the price on that Freeze record (that is secretly love)
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 10:04 pm

Does that record sound like Harry Pussy? I understand T&tFG is pre HP

I never listened to Harry Pussy that much, so I'm not the best person to ask. If there is some kind of lineage between the two band, I surely don't know. The HP I've heard were singles & pretty chaotic. The Frat Girls record is chaotic, but the tracks are at least somewhat structured songs.

For a primo slab of weird & funny, I'm amazed at how much that record flies under the radar. Like Christ Child or early Bruce Willis.

Davey Highben gave me a single by the pre-Teddy & the Frat Girls band which says on the label something like "now Teddy & the Frat Girls."

I am very surprised to see the price on that Freeze record

Ditto. I'd like to know how many people are watching each individual auction.

Aleks Feeler was telling me today about when Greg Shaw's record collection sold for a modest fortune. I would have loved to seen it.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 10:58 pm

I must have misremembered the T&tFG/HP connextion. I can't find anything on the internet to support my initial claim.
Posted: Apr 27, 2009 6:29 pm

Anyone on here win that No Trend "too many humans" lp? I bid 50 but i lost. =( I think the seller was bidding from multiple accounts, as everyone who bid had almost the exact same name. I'm not very ebay savvy, maybe thats how shit works.
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 6:23 am

Anyone on here win that No Trend "too many humans" lp?

Nope. I bid on & won some stuff when he had some stuff up last week from the collection. I had to chew through my lip, but I'm content with the CDs or CD-Rs I have of a lot of this stuff. 'Bout every 3 or 4 months I place a Goner order & did that instead.

From the previous stuff I paid the following...

Wombats - Zontar Must Die $4.99
Einstruzende Neubaten - Yu Gung $11.50 (Fiancee will love!)
Texas Instruments - Sun Tunnels $15.50

Plus $5.00 to ship is $36.99

Stuff I was watching...

Gluey Porch Treatments $46.00 Seems reasonable. Ever seen one?

Tied Down $48.00 Seems really reasonable. Wasn't this a $100 record?

Intellectuals Are The Shoeshine Boys... $52.90

Human Sufferage $62.76 Matt Campbell & Cowtown representin'

Flaming Lips - S/T $38.56 Should've bid on this even though I've had the CD 20 years.
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 10:27 am

I ended up not rebidding on anything due to fear of losing my mind and entire paycheck. Didn't win anything. I gotta believe I could find Gluey Porch Treatments for less than $46 and actually if anyone reading this wants to trade their GPT lp straight up for an Ozma lp send me a PM and it's a done deal.

-Ryan
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 10:32 am

I got the Makers 10".
Posted: Apr 28, 2009 10:49 am

I gotta believe I could find Gluey Porch Treatments for less than $46

DEFINITELY.

keep looking - you can find it cheaper than that...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®