Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / totally wired ripoff
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Cheater Slicks were spose to play last at TW in Pittsburgh. Chinatown Dan ran the thing let everyone play as long as they wanted then told the Cheater Slicks at 2AM they couldn't play and shut the PA off. CS played anyway for four minutes till power was shut. Drummer from Modey Lemon (who played for an hour and a half) yelled "Cheater Slicks are playing at my house!" though he hadn't even asked them. $15 at the door, anyone who wanted to see the Slicks got burned not by CS who were there all night ready to go but by Chinatown Dan who used their name to get people to show up and didn't let them play and sure as fuck didn't refund anyone's money. What a weasel!
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 3:58 pm

LAME!
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 5:42 pm

Didn't suck nearly as bad for the Slicks as for TV Ghost who got busted on the road in PA for some contraband and missed it. Hopin' they don't get totally boned by the justice system.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 5:51 pm

CS, just come to Europe!!! Do a tour with the Thing with Two Heads!!
Love....
forever.....
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 6:02 pm

what kind of contraband?
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 6:32 pm

what kind of contraband?

Not sure.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 7:28 pm

This kind! Lock those fuckers in JAIL! Throw away the key!

That sucks though, nice guys...
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 8:03 pm

TV Ghost is free!
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 9:07 pm

i saw pics of the people at totally wired fest on a blog. i can't imagine if the slicks even got to play that most of the room wouldn't have cleared.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 9:31 pm

Yo, I can't believe there's drama about this on the fucking internet how old are we now?, so I'm gonna clear this shit up right here.
Yes the show ran late, I didn't "let bands play as long as they wanted". But things did not change over inbetween bands as smoothly as possible.
Cheater Slicks could have played for at least 20 minutes if they wanted to though at the club..
I told 'em I'm sorry, we're runnin late, you guys are still gettin your cash guarantee though, just go up and play RIGHT NOW until they pull the plug. (they had about 20-25 minutes right then and there).
So we tried to help em get set up and was like, ok let's hurry up and get you on.
One of 'em said "fuck that, nobody hurried for us" and walked away to the bar.
All the while the drummer is freaking out and screaming at me and alicia.

Then afterwards, Paul from Baby Bird/Modey Lemon offered to have em play at his house (which is a great spot and has shows all the time, and is also 5 MINUTES AWAY). The one guy was really cool about it and wanted to do the after party, told me how the money is cool and all but they just really wanted to play cause people were excited to see 'em. I told him how sorry I was about all this AND OFFERED TO LOAD UP ALL THEIR GEAR INTO MY VAN AND DRIVE THEM TO THE SHOW AND SET UP THEIR GEAR FOR THEM AND DRIVE THEM BACK ANYTIME THEY WANTED TO GO.
They still refused.
But again, instead of playing, the other 2 refused and complained and screamed at me all night.

There was a huge crowd outside waiting outside for them to do the afterparty.
Which again, was 5 minutes away.

Yes things ran late, and we were sorry and felt terrible, but they had gotten their guarantee and had 2 chances to play immediately afterwards (if they were actually bummed because they wanted to play for fans). They refused everything and would rather be titty babies and cry and make a fuss.
Granted, I would be upset as well, but when the opportunity to make things better is presented (TWICE) and and you choose to throw a lil fit instead, well then that's on you.
Also, if you don't believe me you can see for yourself on this pittsburgh message board, you know, and hear the story from people that were there and saw the whole thing go down. Because since the Cheater Slicks were pretty vocal about it everyone saw what they were doing, so you can't even try to twist shit around.
Here's the link.
http://board.nevertellmetheodds.org/t.php?id=83968&r=653

also, like Vinnie said-"I've never heard such shitty things coming out of the mouth of a band that had a giant crowd and was getting paid well. so weak. "
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 9:35 pm

And you know why no money was refunded? BECAUSE NOBODY FUCKING ASKED. NOT ONE FUCKING PERSON ASKED.
You know why? because people in pittsburgh are understanding about the situation and would rather all the touring bands get paid, WHICH THEY DID.

So finally I wanna say, I love the Cheater Slicks, I'm sorry things got all screwed up at the club with 9 bands things can go wrong and again we're sorry about that. the opportunity was there to play for your fans if they wanted to and their guarantee was met regardless.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 9:43 pm

hey dan, it really sounds like you blew it. every concession should have been made for the slicks. that ain't the band to lead all around to other parties, even if it is only five minutes away. i can understand why they screamed at you... you insulted them!
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 9:57 pm

i mean, not that it's any of my business, but the cheater slicks deserve all the respect, effort and accomodation in the world.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 9:58 pm

ps a 20 minute slicks set is more insulting than no slicks set.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 10:21 pm

I said, I understand they'd be pissed about it.
But at the same time, they made a huge fuss about not being able to play to the people who wanted to see them. Every band that played and person and everything involved with the fest did absolutely everything we could and bent over backwards to accommodate that wish for them. And it wasn't some-hey there's a house that you can play and maybe some people will be there, it was, hey there will be this huge show/party that everyone in the city has accommodated to make you guys happy. It's 5 minutes away and you will basically be carried to the show and not have to do a single thing except play to a huge amount of your fans for as long as you want and you will get paid even more and sell a shit ton of merch and have a great time.
And they turned it down. And they did it very vocally in front of the people that wanted to see them. Which just made the crowd turn and say eh, whatever then.

Yes the cheater slicks are great, yes they deserve to be treated great, and that was what was offered in lieu of an unexpected stroke of bad luck this evening.
Yes things could have been handled differently on both ends. We tried everything we could to make things great for them.
But it's over now.
And Bazooka Joe, you weren't even there.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 10:32 pm

good thing!
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 10:37 pm

You're tellin me.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 10:50 pm

I like how this ass registered to post this on here, trying to avoid Terminal Boredom where people will call him on his shit.

First off, fuck you
Modey Lemon played for 30 mins, not an hour and a half.
Cheater Slicks (who are my favorite band in the universe) were fucking babies. Dave Shannon was very understanding and wanted this to work out. There were over 100 people waiting outside to see if they were going to play at this party.

If they were so insulted maybe they shouldn't have taken the money we paid them to play 1 song without vocals.

And I will tell you what is really insulting; Refusing to play, then staying out front for 25 mins and opening up your mini van to sell merch. FUCK THAT. Lost a lot of respect for Cheater Slicks.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 10:55 pm

My final word on this is that, Yes we went over on time, and we're sorry. We'll take the blame for that.

But don't you dare say we used their name to trick people.
Me, Vinnie and Darius are all huge Cheater Slicks fans.
We did everything we could. And the possibility was there.

And also, lemme correct your inaccuracies in the original post.

Show was 12 dollars not 15.
I did not turn the PA off, the owner of the club did. Who we all begged a million times over to leave it on. She would not budge.

Modey Lemon played 30 minutes not an hour and a half, just like everyone else who played.
And the drummer was the one who offered to have the Slicks play his place and help them in any possible.

And also, Leadfoot- You were incredibly nice to my face all night. You seemed like a good guy.
Good to see the internet in all it's glory.

And yes, I guess I'm a weasel for using 100% percent of the door money every night to pay every single touring band including the Cheater Slicks their guarantees? Everybody who helped promote, make posters and art made a single penny all weekend including all of the local bands, which is fine by all us by the way, we never planned on making anything.
I guess you'd prefer that we didn't pay them?

punk.
That's all. Thanks for people who understood and bands who played/helped.
And sorry about the situation.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 11:36 pm | Edited by: Mullett

I feel awful for TV Ghost. They are really good kids & the show they played in Athens on Friday was great. I hope this turns out to be nothing more than a "bump-in-the-road" does not derail them too badly.

CT Dan, I think you are a good guy, I'm glad I got to meet you, & in fact would enjoy catching up with you for a drink when I am next in Pittsburgh, but pinning any kind of blame on Cheater Slicks is ridiculous. I'm sure Dana &/or Tom will have something to say about it at one point or another.

They went through this exact same thing the night before at Blackout, although it wasn't nearly as bad. I think they got 5 songs in before the plug was pulled there.

If anyone would like to see this now legendary event, I posted it on YouTube about an hour ago. I put the camera on my watch on several occasions to give the viewer an idea of what time this was going on.
Posted: Apr 19, 2009 11:45 pm | Edited by: Mullett

Refusing to play, then staying out front for 25 mins and opening up your mini van to sell merch.

How did they refuse to play?

The box of stuff they had was never taken into the club & no one wanted to bother with it, but several people started asking if they had stuff, so I dug the box out. Rest assured that no one in the band would've.

Thanks for the reminder about that, too. I promised the guy who runs Spiral Scratch in Buffalo that I'd contact him.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 2:44 am

i mean, not that it's any of my business, but the cheater slicks deserve all the respect, effort and accomodation in the world.

O, get a grip, limited slick.

Mothafuckers are too hip to be cool. No wonder Larry gave 'm away as a bonus when he traded Don Howland for Demons Claw. (?????????????)

Would make me buy the highest horse available too as a C.S.

Fart
and

Fuck 'm.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 3:10 am

the other board said they offered to play the other place for $600. fuck that. if they wanted to play for the people who wanted to see them, they wouldve done it. sounds like there were plenty of reputable people there confirming it was a legit place and all they wouldve had to do is drive there and do it. now, im not saying they should or shouldnt have done it, because hell, if they wanted to do something else more power to them. however, it sounds like the late night place was supposedly even cooler than the real venue, and if it was really only a 5 minute drive then the choice really was theirs if they wanted to play or not. i dont think they had any obligation to do so, at all, however, people are going to take things how they will and it does make them seem like dicks. like "no, we were supposed to play HERE at 2AM, not 5 min away at 230!!! now give us our money and fuck off, that is, unless you want to give us more money, then we'll play" no matter how its spun, fuck that. hey, if they had someplace else to be, or just didnt feel like being up all night, whatever, more power to them. doesnt make them any less of dicks for not playing for the people who payed to see them.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 8:42 am

btw, drugula, i was just giving you a bit of shit cuz i'm bitter that YOU didn't come 5 mins down the street to see me in pbg last fall.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 9:55 am | Edited by: carney

If they were supposed to go on as headliners (I assume 1:00 am), then it's on the club or promoter to get them on stage on time. Period. End of story. If the openers played too long, it's the club/promoters fault. Opening sets should no more than 30 minutes if there are more than three bands. Maybe 40 tops, if the band has a few records out. Here's another strange concept: shared backline.

I don't blame them for not playing the party. That's not what they were hired to do.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 11:04 am

It's interesting to view an event from two different perspectives. First of all to clarify things this is Tom from Cheater Slicks writing. We got to the club at 8:00 PM as wew were instructed via email days before the show. We had no place really to hang out in the club because it is small and I wasn't driniking that night so I didn't want to be at the bar for very long so we sat in our car for hours on end. No big deal. The night previously in Athens I drank too much, the show went too long and I became very upset at this recurring situation. You have to realise we are always the band that has to play last. I'm not complaining, but it means things have to be set up right for us to have time to play. Anyway my point is, I realised anger was not the way to deal with these situations, so I made a point on Saturday night of not getting angry. I was disgusted, but not angry. I never said one word, except the quote about not rushing to get on the stage to play. I was setting up as best I could. Things were chaotic and the drums had already been disassembled when we got to the stage, even though we were supposed to be using them. There was no sense of urgency the entire night, and my comment was to that effect. We did not really have time to play. I did not walk to the bar, it was closed already (45 minutes prior), I was walking around the bar side to get my effects case out of my car.

I guess what did seem especially strange was that everyone let us set up and then right when we got ready to play the sound man said...you can't play it's too late. He could have told us that minutes ago before we set up, but instead we got right to the point of playing and could not. Then they shut the PA and the power off on us.

The only people I had words with were my bandmates, because I knew we didn't have time to play, but they felt we could still do it. I was adamantly against trying. It put us in a very ackward situation.

No promoter except Darius ever came up to me and said one word to me the entire night. We did not stand outside the club selling merch (someone came up inquiring whether we had any) we were waiting for David to break down his effects after discussing with people why we wouldn't do the afterhours. It was already nearly three in the morning and we are not 20 year olds anymore. Why would we play a house when we had a show already scheduled that we couldn't play?

Our drummer Dana was upset that night and was vocal about it. But David and I were not. I was not polite about refusing the afterhours offer, but I was a little perturbed at that point. We were payed 300 dollars for the show, which is a fair sum but not outrageous. We met our part of the obligation, so there should be no resentment that we got paid. The girl at the door paid me and had no idea how much we were getting paid, nor did I since this show was done without a guarantee, on a handshake basis.

I did not want to play the song without the PA. People wanted us to do it, so we did. I can't see how that would reflect negatively on us.

Steve from Pittsburgh is my friend and has been good to us. I don't know anyone else from there. How this would be turned against us is beyond me. We didn't know we were obligated to do an afterhours show.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 12:06 pm

I've never posted on TB and I wasn't nice to Dan. Think you're confusing me with someone else.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 12:31 pm

If they were supposed to go on as headliners (I assume 1:00 am), then it's on the club or promoter to get them on stage on time. Period. End of story. I agree with Carney!!!

Also to clarify, 'leadfoot' is Dana Hatch...the drummer... I don't know how shutting the PA off after an 'unplugged' version of "Murder" translates into them "being able to play for 20 minutes" acc. to CT Dan. Dana said the guy whose drums he was supposed to play started tearing them down...
Dana felt bad for the fans who'd been waiting years to see them play, and got jack. Also why should they be expected to play at an afterhours when they were the HEADLINERS at this event and drove 3 hours to be there? Sounds like poor planning & execution to me... (and you know how objective I am!) As Tom pointed out, they aren't 19 anymore...
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 12:34 pm | Edited by: deadcityrebel

9 bands? what time did that shit start?
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 12:57 pm

dana hatch rules!
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:09 pm

Well, I finally got sleep from this hell of a weekend (i mean all weekend).
Anyways.

Again, I, in no way am turning any of this against the cheater slicks.
We ended up running late and that was on our end and I feel horrible about it.
I was talking about the afterparty because it was originally said that we used their name to make money and scammed people and whatnot. That was not true and cleared up.
When it was about 20 minutes till 2. Everyone was running around trying to get you guys up on stage and get things together. You guys (now understandably) were confused and angry, running around as well. So I'm hearing shit from everyone and getting shit from the bar. So I'm trying to track down the Cheater Slicks and get them on and figure out what happened to the drums up there and begging the bar to not pull the plug. It was just chaos.
I talked with Dave Shannon and he was understanding about it and wanted to play the after-party. He told us that he didn't know what good it would do, but try talking to you guys. So alot of us did. But like you said, at that point you guys were just pissed.
At this point, I'm the only one who helped set up the fest and stuff that's sober and trying to pull everything together and getting shit from absolutely everyone. I kept posture the best I could but there was nothing else that could have possibly been done.

And Vee Dee played before you, they apparently didn't know that you guys were using those drums and they thought they were doing you guys a favor by tearing them down quickly for you. I didn't know any of this til way later because at this point, like I said, I'm only hearing people screaming a billion different sides of every story at me.

As for time, bands all played 30 minute sets, again there was some slow crossover. And I'd like to clarify that this bar always has shows go over 2. So when we were running a little late, I asked the manager if it was o.k. to just stop serving and let it run till you guys were done.
That was fine UNTIL, the OWNER of the bar decides to show up (she never does this) and is completely wasted and starts pulling rank just because she can.
I know this because I work there a few nights a week and see shows go well over 2 often.
Yes, you were scheduled to go on at 1, yes we fell behind on our part, but I was still under the impression that we could get you guys on at 20 till 2 and have you play till almost 2:30 when they would've pulled the plug.
That's why I tried explaining that ok were gonna hurry you guys up right now and play till they pull the plug, it'll go over and be fine. And you just walked away.
Now I understand it's because you guys were getting a million different sides of the story too.

So anyways, soon as I see the owner there start flexing her muscle, I immediately thought, FUCK. And we pulled together the after-party so you guys could still play and sell merch and have alot of people watch you.

The only person that I could talk with was Dave and he just said, yeah the money is good, but we're kinda bummed that we couldn't play for our fans here. So I thought that was priority at this point to make you guys happy.
So to see Tom and Dana say they did not want to play it immediately after hearing that from Dave I was just completely confused. And realized there is nothing that can be done now.

This whole thing just blew up from lack of communication and a horrible streak of luck through the whole night.
I apologize to the Cheater Slicks again. I'm still a huge fan and wish this coulda went differently, but really there's nothing to be done now.

And Tom, I had mistaken you for your friend who drove with you, because he asked me what my name on the Goner board was and I told him and explained that i hardly ever read or post here. So I figured he was the only one involved with this that knew my name here.

So sorry again to everyone.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:39 pm

Apology accepted, Dan, and let me also apologize for posting in anger. The same thing happened in Athens so our two-day mini-tour was a frustrating exercise in futility. We got paid but if we were in this for money we'd have quit years ago. I still maintain we were under no obligation to play in someone's basement but I'm sorry everything went so wrong.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:48 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

aw man, this thread turned out all sweet and shit. who wants my cheater slicks records collection? five bucks for the whole lot including a green copy of the bats in dead trees.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 1:50 pm

aw man, this thread turned out all sweet and shit. who wants my cheater slicks records collection? five bucks for the whole lot including a green copy of the bats in dead trees.

SOLD!
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Cheater Slicks rule! See you guys this Saturday in Columbus.

- Keith from Aluminum Knot Eye (hoping our two-day mini-tour doesn't go sour, too...)
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Tom, It's cool. I completely understand everything now.

Also, sent you a message on the Cheater Slicks myspace, I didn't know how to get ahold of you otherwise and I'm literally out the door right now.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 2:31 pm

So, what are the lyrics to Bad Man again?
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 3:43 pm

I had mistaken you for your friend who drove with you

Tom's about 2 feet taller & 50 lbs. lighter than me. Plus, I can't grow a beard like that. Sorry if I didn't introduce myself properly. Most people think the name I tell them is just some kind of moniker anyways.

I feel bad we didn't stop & get a couple cases of Yuengling before we crossed the state line. I guess we were just eager to get home & I wasn't thinking.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 3:50 pm

come hang out with me this summer. we live above a crab steaming business and yuengling is cheap here. and bring the slicks!
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 4:29 pm

you can't visit bazooka joe without getting crabs!
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 4:35 pm

I thought this was gonna be a thread about Gaylick's band. Whatever.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 4:39 pm

come hang out with me this summer.

Lots on the plate this summer, so forgive me if I don't make it.

we live above a crab steaming business

Can't be a selling point.

yuengling is cheap here.

Isn't Yuengling cheap everywhere it's sold?

Got a message from TimV Ghost. He says they are OK, just out a lot of dollars.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 4:49 pm

bwahahahahahaaaaaa!!! GOOD ONE!

we live above a crab steaming business

Can't be a selling point.

suit yourself!

i don't know, i don't live there! but it is fresher here. mmmm, fresh yuengling...
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 5:17 pm

i don't know, i don't live there! but it is fresher here. mmmm, fresh yuengling...

It seems to be the cheapest bottle in NYC when I'm there. It's pretty good beer, besides. It is not available in Ohio. A friend's million dollar idea was to be the 1st person to sell it in Ohio & not to grocery stores, but to bars. Yuengling told him that they have a brewery in PA & a brewery in FL, both working at full capacity, & they are not interested in expanding. Rats. Seemed like a good idea at the time.
Posted: Apr 20, 2009 9:36 pm

Damn that video was hard to watch .... and sad as well cheater slicks dudes seemed really defeated by the situation . This is totally the promoters/bars fault .. But is a really typical situation of an amateur(fan) promoter trying to bite off more than he can chew.. Also its the bands fault for not getting set times put in a contract .. Yeah I know contracts aren't all "punk" or anything but they do protect you . If you aren't on by your designated set time (say 12:30 is about right for a headliner) you get paid for breach of contract and you bail .. Gotta say that wasn't a hundered people in that room either and they did not all look to be "fans " either .. Oh well so it goes ... and goes.. and goes...
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 1:12 am

If CS wants to play Kalamazoo..( hopefully they will soon, knock on wood) there will be NO BULLSHIT. BTW..Hello Tom, hope your shop is doing well!!!
-Chris.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 6:29 am

I know everything is cleared up but since I was the one who asked you guys to play, and I had a hand in setting this up (although my nightly performances of being wasted didn't help much) I think that Dan and I were just upset that there were 100 people outside the club at 2am asking us what was going on and wanted to see the Cheater Slicks play, and us being in bands would play an after party under these same circumstances. But as you already stated, Tom. You guys aren't 20 years old anymore. I realize that it was your obligation to play the regular show and not the after party, I just felt that you guys would rather play then not.

Can't apologize enough, hope you guys will decide to give Pittsburgh another chance in the near future, as much as I love Columbus I would much rather walk to a club than drive 3 hours.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 9:00 am

This has all been cleared up and hopefully many problems will be avoidable in the future from both ends. We often don't do contracts because, quite honestly, many promoters won't deal with you if you have one. But I agree with your point about contracts.

The after hours situation was not meant to be a snub. I just don't like to play house parties very often and we had been waiting so long I was just plain tired. I apologize if this was interpreted as not wanting to play for people in Pittsburgh. We have nothuing against the city of Pittsburgh. I actually enjoyed being there, but it would have been nice to play. End of story...end of thread for me.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 9:05 am

start a new one and tell us stories about merle.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 10:48 am

wish you youngin's figured out headliners don't need to play last. all probs woulda been solved if the band went on at 1am or midnight. then put on some poser crap last. That way the champs coulda drank up freebes from fans and read comics..
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 10:54 am

poser crap last

Sellout Jay Reatard?
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 4:35 pm

i dont think he's a sellout. probably got sick of playing the same style of trash over and over. i dont care for his new musical style but i dont think the change had anything to do with selling out.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 4:39 pm

I'm not just talking about the music. The label he signed to. Wtf? I guess I expected a little more from him. Shoulda known better.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 4:55 pm

I still haven't figured this one out yet:

Why aren't the Cheater Slicks everyone's favorite band and why aren't they playing in front of packed bars all the time???
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 5:10 pm

Hey Internet- Everything's cool now, everybody talked and all is sorted.
Cheater Slicks are the greatest.
Gonna make it up with a fucking killer Cheater Slicks show this summer or hopefully soon as possible.

I'm on tour in Columbus right now sitting in Bourbon st. as I type this and if Tom, Dave and Dana or anyone else wants to come out I'll buy ya'll drinks and we can chill.
Posted: Apr 21, 2009 7:03 pm

please book them again. i'm djing.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 8:10 am

I guess if Sellout Jay Reatard (he should have his name legally changed) wants to be on the most embarrassingly bad label in the world with one of the most spent bands in music as his only other label-mate anybodys ever heard of it's okay with me. Enjoy the ride down.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 9:25 am

I believe Chinatown Dan.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 10:49 am

I'm sure Jay and Greg and everyone else whose musical careers you're concerned with appreciate that concern, Ned. Try not and let it occupy your every thought though, and don't let it keep you awake at night. It'd be terrible if you lost your record store employee job and something happened to your family because of it.

PS where the fuck is Pittsburgh? Is that in Transylvania?
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:07 am

Thanks, Mark. I hope nothing bad happens to you or your family too. Speaking of which, how's that weight loss program going?
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:16 am

mark queef should be doing ok. i heard he went from eating bags of dicks to just sucking them.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:58 am

HEE-HAW!!!
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 2:39 pm

so there really is no Action Man on the internet?

awww...almost as sad as discovering Santa was just a boozy, down on his luck, pederast

....good job on pulling one over on everybody, bajokester
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 2:41 pm

this isn't one of your wittiest days, is it mark queef?
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 2:45 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

well I was holding out that it wasn't just you under a pseudonym but facts is facts

maybe you and rich and vinyl ritchie and euryonoumus can all start a band together called The Multiple Numbers
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 2:51 pm

PS where the fuck is Pittsburgh? Is that in Transylvania?

I ask myself that on a daily basis.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 6:37 pm

Those wishing to see a full Cheater Slicks set should visit the Carabar in Columbus, OH this Saturday. My stupid band is opening, as well. Lots of beer will be consumed.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 9:53 pm

Speaking of which, I am not going to NYC this weekend, so I will be there in some form or another.
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 10:59 pm

My stupid band is opening

Don't play too long
Posted: Apr 22, 2009 11:45 pm

My stupid band is opening

Don't play too long

Because then everyone will feel compelled to take sides and debate the issue on multiple message boards.

And really, who needs that?
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 9:58 am

there is only one side when the cheater slicks are involved, and anyone not on it will die.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 10:29 am

See you Saturday, Mr. Mullet. You should take the form of...a Bengal tiger. With a jetpack and red garters. I'll pull a Tanya Harding and take Keith out by the kneebones if he takes too long.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 11:17 am

That means I'll have to wear my Nancy Kerrigan outfit, which includes pink ice skates and a carefully-pruned vagina...
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 11:30 am

Trickknee's coming?!

Gene doesn't have a jetpack, dude. If he did we would hang out way more often.

This is the only thing getting me through this week, 'cept beer. See ya's Saturday!
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 11:31 am

Gene doesn't have a jetpack, dude.

...so he does have red garters?
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 11:34 am

I heard he's got garters in every color of the rainbow.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 1:32 pm

a Bengal tiger

Bengals wear jailbird stripes.

I heard he's got garters in every color of the rainbow.

EVERY color.

I'll videotape you guys if you like & plaster it on YouTube. Still 54 minutes of film left on the tape I used for Cheater Slicks Totally Wired show.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 1:39 pm

I am not going to NYC this weekend

Thank you.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 1:54 pm

I'll videotape you guys if you like & plaster it on YouTube. Still 54 minutes of film left on the tape I used for Cheater Slicks Totally Wired show.

That would be swell. There isn't much evidence of us on ol' YouTube...
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 5:04 pm

harrisburg is pretty swinging this weekend?
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 5:18 pm

tape? that shit is old school.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 5:33 pm

I hope they make AKE play at 5am.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 6:01 pm

keith has partied over here past 5am, i have no doubt he could do a killer set while the sun comes up.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 6:13 pm

keith has partied over here past 5am, i have no doubt he could do a killer set while the sun comes up.

True. And then I woke up at 6:30 am and drove all the way home. I'm an athlete and a scholar.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 6:22 pm

Nobody wants to see some Didjits-loving Rock n Roll blasphemer no matter what time it is.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 7:00 pm

so the thing with two heads wouldn't play any didjits?

well then I wouldn't tune into your radio show
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 7:19 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

i think bazooka christine is officially only playing hunx and his punx from now on.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 7:59 pm

It's totally dis-respectfull of bands to play at a venue where there is a certain curfew..and one band thinks " oh sweet bra..lets play for an hour cuz all friends are here.." fuck that!! this has happened to my band and we told the sound guy to cut em off cuz time was runnin out..and we were 2nd in line!!
just ranting. Please buy our latest CD "Menthols VS The People of Atlantis" available now on Pickwick records..produced by John Hoppe.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 8:01 pm

move to new orleans.
no curfew.
problem solved.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 8:06 pm

there's very few bands I want to see for longer than 25 minutes
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 8:18 pm

agreed.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 9:28 pm

This is true.

Trickknee's coming?!

Gene doesn't have a jetpack, dude. If he did we would hang out way more often.

This is the only thing getting me through this week, 'cept beer. See ya's Saturday!

See you Saturday, Lula!
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 9:35 pm

It's true. Most bands: take note!
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 9:44 pm

That was my issue with Davila 666..

They were rad, but they played for like 45 mins (maybe more) and some of the songs they used to fill that time were less than stellar.

If they stuck to their best songs, in a short timespan.. we all would have won!
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 9:51 pm

i've never understood why any band would do that. that was my only complaint with the red orchestra. i'm all up on alex, but i do realize that she ain't inphallusable.

TYRADES!
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 10:31 pm

Thank you.

No sweat. Ain't nuthin' there but overpriced hack baseball teams & lowlife record store dickheads anyways.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 10:39 pm

i've never understood why any band would do that
only if people are requesting songs or your band is super good
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 10:44 pm

only if people are requesting songs or your band is super good

sorry, the real rong numbers nyc and the coke machines only have one song each.
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 10:46 pm

i hope there's at least split 7" coming out of all this drama
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 10:49 pm

i hope there is not
Posted: Apr 23, 2009 11:57 pm

There's a YouTube video & it's free. What more could you ask for?

Woo Hoo! 100 posts of crap!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 12:56 am

what? link?
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:01 am

what? link?

Read my last comment in my 1st post from this thread.

Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:03 am

oh oh oh, i meant coke machines and real rong numbers nyc
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:42 am

I miss The Tyrades. Awesomes.
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 1:49 am

I saw the Tyrades at Flamingo Cantina here in Austin and it was fucking amazing. I remember thinking with the lights and sound, it felt like I was living one of those vintage punk-rock bootleg videos. I think Riverboat Gamblers played that show, I'm pretty sure Marked Men didn't play and it was someone else but I could be wrong.

ANYWAY Tyrades bassist ended up kicking a beer bottle really hard and it ended up hitting some guy right between the eyes. Offered the guy a drink after the set but homeboy said naw it's cool.
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:20 am

I saw'em when they opened for Guitar Wolf and it was the raddddist thing I saw that night... other than Guitar Wolf. They totally tore that shit up and didn't stop playing from the instant the lights went out til like 20minutes later when I think everyone was out of sweat. The bass player even busted his E string in such a bad way that it was whipping around all over the place for the last couple of songs. Definite badasses!!!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:25 am

I miss The Tyrades. Awesomes.

(shameless self-promotion.)

you know - Jim is in a new band called A/V Murder who have a 7" out on Dusty Medical Records (www.dustymedical.com) & a new 7" coming out on Local Cross Records (www.myspace.com/bloodstainrecords)

just sayin'
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:27 am

what does this have to do with you?
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:30 am

I'm the drummer.
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 10:35 am

well why didn't you say that?

SHEESH!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 11:42 am

TYRADES totally rule. Total complete awesomeness indeed...

I'm gonna play some right now!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 11:56 am

me three!
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 11:57 am

TYRADES totally rule.

Jim is in a new band called A/V Murder who have a 7" out on Dusty Medical Records (www.dustymedical.com)
Posted: Apr 24, 2009 12:04 pm

But is it as good as the UK Stupids reunion?

Lookout Boston , these 80's legends are comin to see you in June.
Wish I could go...luv me some STUPIDS!

www.myspace.com/ukthestupids
Posted: Apr 30, 2009 12:14 am

Speaking of videos on YouTube, I uploaded a few more today.

Cheater Slicks "You Don't Satisfy" @ Blackout

Cheater Slicks "Refried Dreams" @ Blackout

Feelers "Zombie" @ Cafe Bourbon St, Dec. 2004

New Bomb Turks "Defiled" @ Las Vegas Shakedown August, 2000

Posted: May 5, 2009 2:09 pm

Is there some sort of Terminal Boredom / Goner rivalry?
Posted: May 5, 2009 2:11 pm

termbos don't like "garage music."

or something like that.
Posted: May 5, 2009 2:23 pm

everybody calm in Cleveland now?

Pittsburgh still standing.
Posted: May 5, 2009 2:59 pm

termbos don't like "garage music."

or something like that.

1. BFTG >>>>>>>>>>>>> Shitgaze
2. I was a TB founder.

I'm lost in TerminalGoner purgatory.

This thread just reminded me of the other weekend - fun!
Posted: May 5, 2009 3:01 pm

oh, i know what it is! if you don't like a shitgaze band it's because you don't like anything but garage.

I'm lost in TerminalGoner purgatory.

same.
Posted: May 5, 2009 3:09 pm

Termbo banned me again.. Loser capital of the world.
Posted: May 6, 2009 12:01 am

okay, i just read this whole thread. my only question...

is rich riggler for real? like, i missed hearing this dude's story. someone explain. preferably rich riggler.
Posted: May 6, 2009 12:25 am

A/V Murder ... new 7" coming out on Local Cross Records

AHEM! FUCKFACE!
Posted: May 6, 2009 4:44 am

hahahahahaha

Gone...but not forgotten!

Still entertaining old folks everywhere.
Posted: May 6, 2009 8:29 am

Your band plays Old Folks Homes now? I didn't know old people were into the Fall.
Posted: May 6, 2009 2:50 pm

We'll play anywhere, baby. In your mammy's underwear or the bottom of a murky lake. Pretty big on the nursing home scene. The money is even better than liberal arts colleges!

You didn't know old people were into The Fall? That's a trick question/statement. Mark E. Smith looks like your dead uncle mummified w/ Charmin toilet paper and Beefeater.
Posted: May 6, 2009 6:03 pm

But is it as good as the UK Stupids reunion?

Lookout Boston , these 80\'s legends are comin to see you in June.
Wish I could go...luv me some STUPIDS!

www.myspace.com/ukthestupids

i never heard this band, but i remember really wanting to when I was about 12 based on an interview in Thrasher.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®