Posted: Mar 31, 2009 12:04 pm
If you never been to New Orleans before, you must do the following 8 things:
1. Grab a daquiri and get on the St. Charles streetcar and ride it to the riverbend. Get off and grab another daquiri at the daquiri shop (you can't miss it) and ride back downtown. 2-3 hours of good times right there.
2. See Kermit Ruffins play. Look him up on the internets if you are not familiar. He plays nearly every night. His shows are packed with cheezeballs, but the guy is quite the entertainer and his band is smoking.
3. Get a muffaletta from Central Grocery in the Quarters and eat it sitting by the river. Or get a shrip Po-boy from the Verti Mart and eat it by the river.
4. Eat beignets at Cafe Du Monde late one night.
5. Eat the praline bacon at Elizabeth's in the bywater. Their brunches are amazingly decadent.
6. Walk around the French Quarter.
7. Frenchman Street can be really hit-or-miss, and you'll usually miss, but when you hit, its great.
8. Make sweet love to Matt Muscle.