Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / lawyers or legal experts? (or enlightened criminals)
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 3:09 am

say a hypothetical person got popped for marijuana possession, first offense... and was on probation for one year for that reason. 6 months into the probation period, they were arrested for dui, therefore getting a dui charge on top of a violation of probation. what would be the most likely outcome? i am sure at least a bit of jail time, but how much?
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 3:41 am

I <ahem> know somebody (real handsome dude too) who got a DUI (no priors) and then caught with a quarter of sensemilla in an MV within a year and served no time. For the possession charge, they got a 50$ fine and a revoked license for 30 days, besides getting their bag taken away. This was in the '90's and in the reverse order of the person in question so things might be a little different.

A lot also depends on where this went down and what kind of a mood the judge is in the day of the court appearance.
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 5:03 am

shave, cut your hair, wear a nice shirt/slacks/tie when you go to court
Posted: Mar 15, 2009 10:44 pm

shave, cut your hair, wear a nice shirt/slacks/tie when you go to court

That's only if you're a dirty thief.
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 12:37 am

in what jurisdiction did this occur?
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 5:01 am

memphis
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 8:54 am

My advice would be to hire a good lawyer and not seek advice on a internet message board. I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm serious. It will be money well-spent.
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 9:02 am

Call Mark Mesler - no joke. The judges and prosecutors like him. He's also pretty cheap and won't require all of his fee up front.

http://www.rosenblumandreisman.com/staff/mark_mesler.html
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 12:23 pm

That's only if you're a dirty thief.
thats the trick, once you clean up, thay can't call you dirty. i'm a clean thief motherfuckers
Posted: Mar 16, 2009 3:16 pm

My advice would be to hire a good lawyer and not seek advice on a internet message board. I'm not trying to be a smartass. I'm serious. It will be money well-spent.

The Straight Shooter!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®