Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / hp deskjet printer help
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 1:44 pm

i have this printer (#5550) and it's been packed for a few months. i took it out yesterday and connected it and it won't power on. the orange stand by light is on and seems to be frozen. any advice?
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 1:45 pm

punch it
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 2:09 pm | Edited by: dont wanna be a fat boy

Well, I'm about to take a fire ax to mine; try that
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 2:38 pm

do you still have the start up disc? if not try finding the hp wizard
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 5:54 pm

don't have disc. will try wizzard. thanks!
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 7:01 pm

I despise inkjet printers. I'd repeatedly run over it in the street if I were you, then go buy a laser printer on sale.
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 7:34 pm

i despise printers in general. fuck paper.
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 8:38 pm

that's intense.
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 9:09 pm

I tend to agree with the voice of hate. not having a printer can be inconvenient at times but having a printer is a constant source of frustration and a big waste of money unless you use it all the time. I say catapult it.
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 9:22 pm

christine, did you save the reciept for that ink cartridge?
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 12:29 am

make printer ink tattoos
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 2:50 am

pray harder!
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 8:31 am

think to your self in all cases Joe. What Would GG Do? there's your answer.

another problem solved by DTrain! oops i mean Spycee!

HAW!
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 11:11 am

go to hp's website and install the updated software for your printer. You have to install this before connecting the printer. So disconnect the printer, go to device manager and uninstall it because i'm sure you connected it first.

install printer software, follow the directions. Usually they won't respond unless the software is installed.
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 11:24 am

So I take it that the cartridge doesn't move when you first plug it in? If it doesn't, chuck it and buy a new printer.
It the cartridge moves when you plug it in, you can try to get some info off it using a "tap code". I used to have these memorized when I worked for HP, but like a lot of thinks that info was pushed aside to make more room in my brain for pop culture trivia.

To access info I believe it's a four tap code. Which means while holding down the Power button, press the "X" button 4 times. Then release the power button. This will print out a sheet with all the info about your printer.

BEWARE! IF YOU TAP THE WRONG CODE YOU COULD END UP HOSING YOUR PRINTER FOR GOOD!
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 6:52 pm

Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®