Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Mac users question...
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 3:17 pm

Someone used my laptop and all my saved passwords on Password Manager are gone...is there a way to recover these?
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 1:18 pm

do you have a back up? if so, they're one of two places - in your keychain utility or under your browser preferences.. I use Firefox. Under "security" preferences, there's button that'll show saved passwords. if you do have a back up, check it for an old version of your browser history w/ those saved passwords.

good luck! sounds like a major pain in the ass. next time, see about locking down that info!
Posted: Mar 8, 2009 1:38 pm

I found the security list in Firefox and NOTHING was there except the new ones I had set up. Naturally I don't have a backup cos I have been an idiot. In fact, I have no idea how to back anything up and this thing could die and I would have a breakdown. Any advice on how to do this would be fantastic. I have asked before and I have never understood how to back up my HD because well, it always starts sounding like Chinese and I block it out.
Posted: Mar 9, 2009 5:37 am

Get this extremely simple thing called SuperDuper. And making a back-up of your HD is the easiest thing in the world! It actually clones your HD!! Never ever lose anything again!
Posted: Mar 11, 2009 8:34 am

to back up - easy sleazy = mac.com $99/yr and money well spent when you plotz.

or for just a tad more dough, get yerself one of them nifty "Mybook" external drives, and follow the prompts to back up. the thing's formated for Mac, so no Chinese PC-ese to wade thru.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®