Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Last time you were at your moms...
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 7:42 pm

what did you do?? me..I cleaned the kitchen for 15 bucks.
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 7:43 pm

Funny. I made 15 bucks at your mom's, too.
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 7:45 pm

where you the one who broke the Kirby vaccuum?
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 7:46 pm

I don't know about that, but somebody over there can suck like a Hoover.
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 8:44 pm

i'll be damned.
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 9:05 pm

it was way too long ago. i miss my mom. at least she came to my wedding!
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 9:27 pm

She's got 2 places...

She & my dad still live in the house I grew up in. I haven't been there in a while. Last July maybe? The fiancee's dog actually found her way downstairs & fell in the well.

Mom's other place is in Arcadia, FL which is where she spends 7 months out of the year. It sucks wildly. Mom's a sweetheart, but I'll never got back for more than a night.
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 9:51 pm

Last summer during the 50-year flood here in Wisconsin I stopped by my parents' house, looked at the waterline on the wall in their basement five feet above the floor and was once again glad I got the hell out of that useless little hometown of mine. Oh yeah, I guess I was there for Xmas too--Guitar Hero is gayer than 8 dudes blowing 9 dudes. My mom is about to retire--she either better take up golf or my parents are gonna be divorced within three years.

-Ryan
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 9:57 pm

Last time I was at my mom's was at Christmas time. We played white elephant with mom's Christmas gifts from her students plus the stuff we bought at Boomtown.

The best part was my sister and her oldest sporting matching "grills" and hamming it up for the camera.
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 11:01 pm

I was there to choose a security door from my stepdad's collection, which I did. Mom was in the house, but was doing some serious fretting over an ex-family member marrying a Muslim. This was a conversation I didn't want to get into, so I scrammed. Bad daughter.
Posted: Mar 4, 2009 11:23 pm

i moved clowns.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 12:06 am

I went to my mama's house, on the gulf coast, for a whirlwind mardi gras weekend. she packed the trunk with lunch treats and wine, took me out for shrimp and grits that night, then fixed me a pimento cheese sandwich for the drive home.

my mama is super-duper cool -- she makes art out of dead smashed frogs, and loves me unconditionally, yet realizes she's my mother and not some wacky friend. I would say the worst part about hanging out with her is knowing that I am not as easy-going and cool as she is, but I've learned to accept that, and now I just like to introduce my friends to her so they can connect to a cool mom too.

what's most amazing about it is that she grew up in myriad homes in louisiana and then venezuela, the daughter of 2 american alcoholics who couldn't bother to raise her, then went straight to episcopal boarding school in vicksburg ms, so she basically raised herself and sought out values and learned how to attain them.

I love my mama, but probably won't go see her again until july or so.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 1:23 am

jacked off her dog.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 8:43 am

jacked off her dog.
haha

i rode 4 wheelers ate tons of lasagna and slept. was coming off of a week long mardi gras partying.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 9:09 am

1991. not a good scene. but at least it was the last time i ever had to see her.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 10:58 am

I cleaned the garage gratis, then we drove to San Diego and back.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 11:10 am

Panties. On. Head.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 1:45 pm

this is a serious thread, you all have ruined it for me. I am sad.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 4:37 pm

Picked up the dog poop in the backyard...

Mom still lives in the house I grew up in....
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 5:49 pm

i saw my mom at yen ching's in evansville, indiana for about 5 minutes when i went to go eat with my sister and my friends emily and jim. my mother drives me pretty goddamn batty.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 6:00 pm

I go to my mothers house every Sunday because at 7PM WGN shows WKRP In Cincinnati. She has cable and I dont. Sometimes I can even get food out of her.
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 9:51 pm

come on. you know she's always cooking something good on sunday night.
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 1:30 am

yea Mickey, Gee whiz...
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 9:59 am

i saw my mom at yen ching's in evansville, indiana for about 5 minutes when i went to go eat with my sister and my friends emily and jim. my mother drives me pretty goddamn batty.

Ha - last time I saw my mom, we went shoppin in Evansville. They gots an olive garden there!
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 3:33 pm

come on. you know she's always cooking something good on sunday night.

Wish I could say yes to that, but I stopped over there for something and she hardly has any food. If she can buy cigarettes she can buy groceries.
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 5:08 pm

Evansville people listen up!
I have a kick ass postcard folder from 1949 Evansville on eBay right now...your mom would love this for Mother's Day!
Cheap...and FREE SHIPPING!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140305955222
Sorry...couldn't resist.

Last time I was at mom's she gave me vicodin. Go mom. Last time I saw mom we had lunch at the Women's Exchange. GREAT catfish!
And, as a mom, I can explain the cigarettes-no food thing to you. My kids don't understand, but maybe you will. Still, I always have some Ramen for them.
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 6:45 pm

lots of schnitzel. lots of wine. hallmark channel. scored some cool rosicrucian books from her.
Posted: Mar 6, 2009 6:45 pm

Cheap...and FREE SHIPPING!

HA! just put a stamp and address on it!
Posted: Mar 7, 2009 2:58 am

..scored some cool rosicrucian books..

Hells yes! AMORC!
Posted: Mar 10, 2009 8:21 am | Edited by: T J Honeysuckle

I ate a lot, but did the dishes, so that's OK, right? And I tidied up the garage. A bit.
My mother is OK but fuck I wish she didn't smoke menthols. They are no good to me.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®