Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / once again: stones or beatles?
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 8:13 am

Posted: Feb 27, 2009 9:27 am

Damn, I loved Mal Evans (nothing against Ringo).
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 9:39 am

I heard on Sirius radio one time, that Handsome Dick Manitoba was a Beatles man, because John Lennon realy did do all the stuff everyone thought the Stones were into.

I like the Stones better, but pretty much everything they ever did was calculated. Everyone knows that Mick was halfway done with Business school by the time the Stones got going. So eventhow they seem like the greatest garage band of all time, it's more like The Rolling Stones Inc. from day one.
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 9:48 am

The Byrds!
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 12:57 pm

The Kinks

Oh yeah Beatles vs. Stones, forgot

The Rolling Stones for me.
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 2:15 pm

they're all good, musically
its apples and oranges
Posted: Feb 27, 2009 9:07 pm

it's Apple and Flowers
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 6:15 am

always been stones for me but i have been actually listening to more beatles lately
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:08 pm

washing dishes to magical mystery tour earlier today at work.
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:30 pm

washing dishes to magical mystery tour earlier today at work.

flying plus blue jay way = best songs.

those photosd all ruled and i don't get what about them make the stones win.

i love me some early stones for party rockin' and beggars banquest for zoming out on, but i can't enough of the beatles for total listening pleasure.
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:36 pm

i read baby youre a rich man (too) was originally baby youre a rich gay jew.
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:37 pm

supposedly it was about their manager brian epstein who actually did carry around their money in a big brown sack after gigs
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:41 pm

i don't get what about them make the stones win.

brian
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:42 pm

baby youre a rich gay jew.

rich fag jew

brian E was all 3
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:44 pm

prev unreleased version of Revolution was just discovered somewhere by somebody. Its sort of a combination of Revolution 1 and 9. it was up on youtube but its been taken down.

find it baby donkey.
http://www.rathergood.com/chicken
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:50 pm

rich fag jew

you kiss your kid with that mouth? thanks for all the important details.
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:51 pm

speaking of revolution, this album here has a completely demented funky and fuzzy version if it. you can get repros of this record.
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Stones are much cooler.

I just watched "Hard Days Night". Haven't seen it for years. It was on TV. Pretty cool film.
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 9:59 pm

you kiss your kid with that mouth? thanks for all the important details.

sry to offend you. wait! it was lennon, not me.

and yes. i kiss my son. all the time.
Posted: Feb 28, 2009 10:09 pm

prev unreleased version of Revolution was just discovered somewhere by somebody. Its sort of a combination of Revolution 1 and 9. it was up on youtube but its been taken down.

i posted it here and five minutes later EMI took it down

it was great

http://www.goner-records.com/board/index.php?action=vthread&topic=4307 0&forum=4&page=0
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 1:24 am

rich fag jew
i didnt think fag was slang for gay that long ago. thanks professor!
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 1:35 am

I just watched "Hard Days Night". Haven't seen it for years. It was on TV. Pretty cool film.
I love the beginning where they're all running way from the fans....and George falls real hard.
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 1:45 am

i don't get what about them make the stones win.

mick taylor
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 2:02 am

stones are a better band for sure but the beatles had the common sense to break up. none of the stones solo never even come close to what any of the beatles did solo. ringo included.
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 5:54 am

rich fag jew
i didnt think fag was slang for gay that long ago. thanks professor!

Song was 1967

The character of Michael in Mart Crowley's 1968 play and 1970 film The Boys in the Band has dialogue that includes "Believe it or not, there was a time in my life when I didn't go around announcing I was a faggot" [8] and "Not all faggots bump themselves off at the end of the story."[9]

In the Book 'The Beatles Forever' by Nicolas Schaffner he believed the song was written for Brian Epstien. His book published in the 1970's was the first in my mind to comment how one line would sound like 'big fat jew'.
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 5:57 am

speaking of battle of the bands:

on this song--

Mick Jagger sang backup. McCartney and Lennon returned the favor by singing on The Stones' "We Love You."

Brian Jones, the guitarist from The Rolling Stones, played an oboe on this.
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 5:16 pm

find it baby donkey.
#Bray!
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 6:39 pm

MENTORS
Posted: Mar 1, 2009 6:50 pm | Edited by: clif

That donkey one isn't it. That's the version that's been on "White Album" outtakes sets forever with yoko talking over it. The new one sports no Yoko and sounds like from a master reel. Loud and fun. I downloaded it. I'll see if I can up it somehow.

At least that's what I think is the case. We'll see. I'm probably wrong.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®