Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Free MPEG4 to avi converter???
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 6:25 pm

help!!!

i had to download a tv show (don't ask why) from the itunes store and it downloaded in mpeg4 format which can only play in itunes. I need the video to play in windows media player so i'm assuming i have to convert it to .avi.

what is a good FREE mpeg4 to .avi convert?

or is there any way to play the video in WMP without converting it
Posted: Feb 20, 2009 8:42 pm

is there any way to play the videowithout converting it

Bray!
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 8:41 am

thanks donkey, but here's what happened when i tried to open it through the VLC converter:

No suitable decoder module:
VLC does not support the audio or video format "drmi". Unfortunately there is no way for you to fix this.

does itunes have some sort of monopoly where you can only open downloaded files in itunes and no other media player
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 9:15 am

If it's something you downloaded from the iTunes store, chances are it's got DRM which will only let you play it in iTunes.

What's the extension on the file? I checked my machine and have only one file with the .mp4 extension, and it played using DivX Player. It's not a vid from iTunes, though, so I don't know if that'll work for you.
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 9:30 am

the extension is a .m4v

i have a divX player and it doesn't run through there.
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 10:19 am | Edited by: some other guy from chicago

It works, I got it to run through the Quicktime player. It didn't run though that before so whatever donkey told me to do somehow worked. When i tried to run it before i was trying to run it though the VLC player and that didn't work, so i went back and tried to run it through Quicktime and it worked. For some reason it still doesn't run though Window media player but thats OK.

How could I have ever doubted the donkey?
Posted: Feb 21, 2009 10:28 am | Edited by: Donkey

Posted: Feb 21, 2009 1:02 pm

I thought Apple was ditching DRM. Maybe that's only for music files? Maybe it's gonna be a phased implementation.

Maybe I might ACTUALLY considering paying Apple for a tune or two if I ACTUALLY own it after I buy it.

Dumb fuckers.
Posted: Feb 24, 2018 2:46 am

some other guy from chicago
Please be well note that iTunes movies are encrypted by DRM technology. If you would like to convert iTunes videos to AVI, you should remove DRM protection firstly. Or you can use the iTunes DRM M4V Converter to do both things.
As for the best DRM cracker, especially for breaking DRM of movies and TV shows purchased and rented from iTunes store, the best DRM converter I using is iTunes DRM Removal for Mac, which can remove DRM from iTunes M4V and convert iTunes DRM M4V to other common audio and video formats, like MP3, AVI, MP4, MPEG, MOV, AVI, MKV, and more so that you can enjoy iTunes purchases and rentals on any device according to your requirement.
Posted: Jul 21, 2018 4:24 am

How about having a look at [url=https://www.joyoshare.com/video-converter-win/]Joyoshare Video Converter[/url]? It can convert any common video file to any format in the simpliest way. Most importantly, its built-in video editor lets you to enhance your video files in the way you like.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®