Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / little rock little rocked?
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 7:14 am

there is not a band that brings the flag low end, the guitar interplay (indie denyers remember shiny beast?) and the thrust of the melvins like red fang. i hope rb wasnt the only one to catch there set. they rule it
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 10:38 am

Do they have some sort of viral marketing thing going on? One of my friends just told me to check out their video or something... weird...

And I remember Shiny Beast - I think I still have a 7" somewhere… maybe...
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 12:39 pm

they just happened to make the greatest video ever and now they're getting lots of attention. they deserve it. that band kills.

Posted: Feb 14, 2009 2:17 pm

That fuckin' rules! I don't know how well that'll translate outside of Portland but that's ok. I wonder who had the tallest staff at the end of the night.
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 2:50 pm

what petey said. an awesome band of "experienced" players that made a video on a shoe string that opened doors that shoulda been open anyway. they played little rock last night. locals like petey and i entail the expansive viral campaign they are forging, bill. and seriously, one of the best live bands kicking around.
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 3:10 pm

holy shit. i didn't even know they were playin little rock or i woulda fuckin went. i like them. they're fuckin fantastic.
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 3:25 pm

great song and vid. and filmed only a few blocks from my house.
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 4:22 pm | Edited by: saispas

Ryan Dave and I went. The show was in a former planetarium in a Service the Hood strip mall. There was a good sized and appreciative crowd. We got stuck in some bizarre and unexplained police roadblock with the car full of open containers. Cops paid us no mind but we only caught half the set; they still rock but more than that, it was just awesome to see those guys in person after over 2 years. Portland wasn't a waste of my time.
Posted: Feb 14, 2009 10:50 pm

some people call him MAURICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 11:11 am

some people call him MAURICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mo Giles is, perhaps, the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

They are coming back through the south on their way to SXSW, touring with Early Man. Someone in New Orleans book them a show on March 15th.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 2:29 pm

and someone please tell them to play anywhere instead of or in addition to Plush when they come to Tucson

anywhere else at all

Mo Giles is, perhaps, the coolest motherfucker on the planet.

yes he tis...HAUS AND REEBAR!!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 2:36 pm

and someone please tell them to play anywhere instead of or in addition to Plush when they come to Tucson

anywhere else at all

it is really easy to convince them to play an afterhours. just buy them some beer and they will show up. i can get you an email if you want.
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Remember, dear, they have real management now! Still, they would probably do it...
Posted: Feb 15, 2009 6:35 pm

really funny vid!
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 3:13 pm

red fang slays and wasn't one of em in shiny beast.

awesome vid and cream of the crop riffs

they got some vinyl at wantage
http://www.wantageusa.com/
Posted: Feb 25, 2009 3:31 pm

wasn't one of em in shiny beast.

the genius david sullivan was in shiny beast. another former member brian(cherry valance) was suposed to put some shiny beast stuff out but it didnt happen. john and david also played in the mercury birds.

going to birmingham on the 16th to catch red fang and early man.

wantage rules! josh rules!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®