Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / This new Zero Boys reissue sounds great!
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 3:51 pm

on Secretly Canadian - weird.

but it sounds great!

RIPS.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 7:51 pm

we gots it... album plus History Of... lp/cd!!!
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 8:23 pm

playing in SF feb 20th. one of my favorite punk lp\'s ever.
Posted: Feb 7, 2009 4:05 pm

Got em in at work. Looking forward to the big Sufjan Stevens/Zero Boys tour!
Posted: Feb 8, 2009 3:24 pm | Edited by: JJ Champion

Picked up History Of yesterday, fucking killer that it's finally been "officially" released on vinyl, and with good sound.

Looking forward to the big Sufjan Stevens/Zero Boys tour!

I figured it would be Antony & the Johnsons/ZB.
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 9:06 am

The other recent release wasn't official?
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 11:53 am

Does it sound different than the one on Riffle Man? Has it been remastered?
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 5:48 pm

on Secretly Canadian - weird.

It's probably a lot to do with the Bloomington connection with Mahern living there and SCD based there....they also did great jobs with the Jacobites and Swell Maps reissues, so no too much a stretch....
Posted: Feb 9, 2009 8:14 pm

I lived in Bloomington for a short period. I now live in Canada....crazy!
Posted: Feb 10, 2009 11:30 am

The other recent release wasn't official?

Does it sound different than the one on Riffle Man? Has it been remastered?

From a ZB myspaces blog post last November:

Hello Everyone,

We have signed to Secretly Canadian Records here in Bloomington. S.C. will release "Vicious Circle" and "History of" Feb. 3rd 2009. Vicious Circle will be pretty much just like the Lookout release and History of is a re-mastered version of the cassette that came out in 1984 with a version of the song Amerika that has never been released. Liner notes on "History of" were done by Eric Weddle of Family Vineyard Records and the booklet has some cool previously unseen photos of the band. These releases together contain all of the recordings made by the original lineup and will be available on CD and Vinyl.

It has recently been brought to my attention that someone has Bootlegged the History of from an old cassette and is offering it on Vinyl. Please don't buy this inferior product. Just wait till February and get the official release. It will be worth it.

Best - Paul-Z

Not sure if the bootleg he's referring to is the one on Rifle Man, but I'm assuming so since the Secretly Canadian version is being touted as the first official non-cassette release...
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 9:20 am

Not sure if the bootleg he's referring to is the one on Rifle Man, but I'm assuming so since the Secretly Canadian version is being touted as the first official non-cassette release...

I think he was talking about the History Of being booted. I have Vicious Circle LP on Riffle Man. I've had it for at least 4 or 5 years now. I think Riffle Man is out of Indianapolis. I thought it was official, maybe not. I did a quick search and didn't see anything about the vinyl, but they did release a Zero Boys DVD.
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 9:35 am

Somebody at the store put on the Antony & The Johnsons promo by mistake the other day and after about half a minute I screamed for them to take it off. The customers thanked me for showing them mercy and asked what it was so they wouldn't made the mistake of buying it. We sold a lot of their new record though for some reason. Opera rock. (And not in a good way like Queen.) What will they come up with next? (Looking forward to the Antony & Mentally Ill tour though.)
Posted: Feb 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Maybe they will Add Jens Lekman to the tour.

By the way, has anyone heard his song "Oiza Biza Boiza". I have heard it twice and it has haunted me since.
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 9:06 am

I think he was talking about the History Of being booted. I have Vicious Circle LP on Riffle Man.

OK, gotcha. I didn't realize there was a press of Vicious Circle on Rifle Man, nor that it had been out so long.

Antony & The Johnsons might be the worst shit I've ever heard in my life.
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 3:08 pm

Sold a bunch of Zero Boys this week. Had to order more CD's. More than I can say for Sufjan Stevens.
Posted: Feb 12, 2009 4:10 pm

i need a job or a sugar mama, my want list is starting to look like the on the road scroll.
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 5:15 pm

I just biked home from work in the rain and luckily I got here just before a huge downpour....both Zero Boys LPs were sticking out my mailbox....
Posted: Feb 13, 2009 5:27 pm

this cut sounds GREAT!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®