Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / DEBRIS!!!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 4:48 pm

it's strange, i am an obscuro music freak/collector (of just about all genres but mostly punk/garage/psychobilly/etc)....

but the other day a friend recommended an album , DEBRIS - "STATIC DISPOSAL", it was recorded in 1975-1976! and sounds like alot of contemporary psych/punk bands. it's fucking great, maybe the best album i have ever heard and somehow in all of my musical obscurism and all of the reading i have done about the roots of punk, i missed this one. anyone else a fan of this band??? this shit's GREAT!!!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 4:59 pm

I picked this up last year at Goner - great record, great record!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:05 pm

i plan to get a copy of the real album, right now i just have a rip of a few of the mp3s off of it... not even the whole album but it's great so far. looks like i need to make a stop through Goner. hey eric, if you are reading this - do you still have a copy??
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:08 pm

by the way, i'm new to the board so i don't mind revealing my identity. lol. i'm zach... some of you know me, many don't. i think eric would remember me and my girlfriend (at the time) rebekah from the late antenna/early barrister's days. (of course i still see you at shows now and then). some others here may know me too....
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:13 pm

dude, 'new smooth lunch' has me ready to either explode or bounce off the walls!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:32 pm

that debris record is awesome! Chickasha Oklahoma!!! I love how the back photos show them playing at like a vfw hall or something. you can even see somebody heading to the bathroom behind the band at one point. and Johnny Gregg is a pretty awesome rock name. they actually got back together a few years ago and did a couple reunion shows in oklahoma city and norman i think. here's a myspace for em:
MeltingYourMind!!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:36 pm

Debris rules!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:40 pm | Edited by: bazooka joe

wow, just checked youtube and i'm now rocking "tricia."

"static disposal" now a top want.

thanks for this thread!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:42 pm

haha... "witness" rules!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:43 pm

look for 'one way spit' or 'new smooth lunch' damn awesome!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:47 pm

how the heck did you find them on youtube ?? lol everytime i search for 'debris' i either get frank zappa's 'cosmik debris' or something else un-related
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 5:57 pm

i used the abum title + debris. "witness" was just barely posted and i was the 8th viewer!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 6:14 pm

I've seen them play a couple of times here in Oklahoma over the past few years. Chuck Ivy is a really cool guy. They'd make a great GONERFEST act!
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 7:35 pm

One of my favorite records, been into it for about 10 years... wish I had it on vinyl -- only got the CD on Anopheles. Too bad Oliver Powers is dead...
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 8:02 pm

Aluminum Balleye made me a tape many years ago so's I picked up the album and for once he was right! One Way Spiiiiiiituh!

Also, there's a 45 of their pre-Debris band Victoria Vein & the Thunderpunks out there which is also good (but very different from Debris).
Posted: Feb 5, 2009 8:45 pm

they are a great band
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 4:26 am

and i thought Chrome/Helios Creed was the first pre-punk post-punk. I am in love with this record, maybe for months......... :/
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 8:49 am

you got yer panties 'round yer knees with yer ass in debris.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 9:02 am

Also, there's a 45 of their pre-Debris band Victoria Vein & the Thunderpunks out there which is also good (but very different from Debris).
That record rules. Rear Guard Action motherfucker. Working a record store got me the Debris Anopheles CD and colored vinyl LP (ooooh with extra track) for free. I miss that job.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 9:08 am

I know the guy that took out his eye and revealed a freeway of diamonds.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 10:18 am

I know the guy that took out his eye and revealed a freeway of diamonds.

Madame Sosostris, famous clairvoyante,
Had a bad cold, nevertheless
Is known to be the wisest woman in Europe, 45
With a wicked pack of cards. Here, said she,
Is your card, the drowned Phoenician Sailor,
(Those are pearls that were his eyes. Look!)
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®