Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Holy shit this song rules!
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 10:20 am

Suicidal Tendencies - Institutionalized

So I was watching Iron Man last night, and certain parts of that movie are just completely obvious and ridiculous. But there's this one part where dude's like pissed off and working on cars by himself and this music is playing in the background that sounds just like it was made FOR that part in the movie...just this super retarded pissed off, leave-me-alone type song. I went over the credits at the end and found out that it was this.

Great, now I gotta get into ST!
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 10:25 am

"I Saw Your Mommy" is another really good ST song.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 10:37 am

i have never felt so old as i feel right now.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 10:49 am

oh boy.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 10:58 am

Well I certainly COULD have been into them a lot earlier in my life...but there's a lot of music out there and I'm still not done finding all the good stuff!
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:00 am

Oh, and also: Have you heard of some band called the MISFITS? I guess it was Glenn Danzig's old band and they only sang about horror movies or something? I dunno, sounds promising! I'll report back when I find out if it's any good!
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:01 am

i have never felt so old as i feel right now.

My receding hairline is even more of a giveaway...
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:04 am

Oh, and also: Have you heard of some band called the MISFITS? I guess it was Glenn Danzig's old band and they only sang about horror movies or something? I dunno, sounds promising! I'll report back when I find out if it's any good!

Whoah! That sounds awesome! Cool band name too.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:07 am

Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:15 am

Whoa, what's this "barbershop quartet" music all about?! I've never heard anything like it! These guys have somehow managed to eschew all influence of the last 50 years of music and just totally BLINDSIDE the world with something totally NEW!!!!!!!!!! Talkabout OUTSIDE OF THE BOX!!!
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:19 am | Edited by: dustymedical

does anyone remember the vh-1 thing, i can't remember what it was exactly, but anyway Scott Stapp from Creed was talking about how he had his mind blown when a friend of his introduced him to the music of Led Zeppelin and The Doors, AT AGE 19.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:38 am

HEE-HAW!!!
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:41 am

Crowbar, you are loved.
But I'm pretty grossed out, now.
"I Saw Your Mommy" is another really good ST song.
Even worse, Heavy Beagle played Murphy's and somebody threw this on. But it was some fucked up newish ST version I'd never heard before.
I feel as gross now as when I heard that.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 11:48 am

I didn't know ST had updated that song. I was talking about the OG version. Goddamn, I bet I haven't heard that song in nearly 20 years. Fuck, where did the years go?
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 1:27 pm

So liking ST is gross? Or not already being into them is gross? Or was it the barbershop quartet thing? I'm confused.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 1:43 pm

I didn't know ST had updated that song.

They did, somehow, sometime, someway. Absolutely horrible.
I'd look for it, but I don't want to.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm confused.

Shut up and draw George Burns reaming Courtney Love. Secretly.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 2:20 pm

I didn't know ST had updated that song. I was talking about the OG version. Goddamn, I bet I haven't heard that song in nearly 20 years. Fuck, where did the years go?

they in fact re-recorded that entire album sometime in the 90s
fucking horrible
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 3:35 pm

Is this for real? Nawww. Can't be.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 3:56 pm

Shut up and draw George Burns reaming Courtney Love. Secretly.

Oh yeah. Here's my other secret drawing somebody requested a while ago. Forgot all about it.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 4:15 pm

I made out with a boy named Dennis in 9th grade with Institutionalized playing in the background. oh, memories.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 4:21 pm

"all i wanted was ONE PEPSI! and she wouldn't give it to me!"

my old boss and i would yell this to each other all the time.

the fact that Jack Nance is the dad is pretty much perfect.
Posted: Feb 2, 2009 4:52 pm

miss togar and eraserhead vs cyko miko!!!
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 7:01 am

That's awesome, you did the (cheating) dogs playing cards.

This song was one of those songs you just knew in the early/mid 80s, like "TV Party" or "Too Drunk to Fuck." It was a punk staple I guess. Never much into ST, though, but that song has a place in my spleen.
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 9:51 am

Suicidal Tendencies was imediately appealing to the humor of an 11 year old and the over the top metal guitar wanking was embraced by hoods and dirtheads of Frayser, Whitehaven, and Raleigh alike, making it an instant classic with people who would readily pound anyone who claimed to be into "punk" only 1 year prior.
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 10:56 am

So what you're saying is, they helped bring people together!
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 11:44 am

Here's my other secret drawing somebody requested a while ago.

You gotta do another book!
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 12:49 pm

sounded good in Repo Man
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 4:22 pm

HEY DEVO!!!!!!!!
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 10:39 pm

"I'm not crazy! You're the one who's crazy!" Still a lot of fun to shout at the coworkers, especially if you mutter "institution" into your shoulder during the pause.

The new "I'm already in... a world of shit"
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 10:53 pm

1st album rules...much prefer 'subliminal' or 'two sided politics'...many mid-eighties vert sessions to that tape...
Posted: Feb 3, 2009 11:24 pm

Yeah, it really has been about 20 years since I listened to that on a regular basis. Time does fly...

It was also one of the band names that freaked my mom out when she was looking at my tapes. What?! Dead Kennedys?!!! Suicide??!!! Circle Jerks?!!!
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 12:31 am

Suicidal Tendencies was imediately appealing to the humor of an 11 year old and the over the top metal guitar wanking was embraced by hoods and dirtheads of Frayser, Whitehaven, and Raleigh alike, making it an instant classic with people who would readily pound anyone who claimed to be into "punk" only 1 year prior.

Suicidal Tendencies = West Coast Agnostic Front

Thug-core
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 9:10 am

My Dad thought the name "Scraping Foetus off the Wheel" was "terrible." They also asked if the Misfits were "satanic" and forbid me to order the Dead Kennedys "Nazi Punks Fuck Off" single (in retrospect, they were definitely right about that one cuz the DKs sucked).
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 9:42 am

you're the one that's crazy. dk's rule.
Posted: Feb 4, 2009 12:08 pm

No, they definitely drool.
Posted: Feb 6, 2009 3:31 pm

Suicidal Tendencies = West Coast Agnostic Front
and coincidentally..both bands first albums are great...viva la thugs!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®