Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Record pricing?
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 12:44 pm

Anybody know of a good site for reference? Not ebay or Gemm. I'm looking for something that would have late 70s rare-ish punk 45s.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 12:46 pm

maybe popsyke(?)
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:07 pm

Yeah, I guess it is a little better, but still people will list a record for 30 and then somebody else with the same record for 300.

I am trying to buy some guys collection and he can't make up his mind on prices. I don't want him looking on these sites and telling me a Teenage Head 45 is worth 400 clams, because some ass-munch list on Gemm for that much.

I have never really looked up record prices before. Are there price guides for this type of music, like there are for baseball card or something of the sort?
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:07 pm

popsike

try Musicstack as well?
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:08 pm

WTMWB

whatever the market will bear
AKA
there's one born every minute
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:31 pm

I'd try ebay or Gemm.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 2:30 pm | Edited by: greg O

popsike is not a collection of listings, it's "prices paid" so that eliminates sellers with wishful prices. But, yer best bet is to convince him you know what they're worth and make him a fair offer. If "he" starts looking around online he will no doubt convince himself you are trying to swindle him out of a goldmine. Try to keep the internet out of it, and make a fair offer. If he start to wobble, walk away. Don't second guess yourself. You'll talk yourself into paying more and regret it later.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 2:43 pm

I actually made him an offer and he wants to think about it. So I am guessing he wants to see if he can get more or if I am ripping him off.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 2:53 pm

i've been trying to figure out the same thing, for putting up stuff for the ives' auction. it seems like most records on ebay are being sold at a buy-now price rather than auction, so it's impossible to tell what people are actually willing to spend on something... and, yeah, gemm's all over the board. a lot of the stuff i got is from the 90's, too, and it's just not on ebay (at least right now), and i don't know if it's because nobody happens to be selling it now, or if nobody wants it. guess i'll just put stuff up with a low or no reserve price and see where it goes...
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®