Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / acupuncture?
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 12:27 pm

anyone on here done it before?

I went for my first ever session yesterday (with the fabulous Mike Falcone) and absolutely LOVED it.

seriously, the greatest thing I could have done for myself on my 40th birthday.

I got stuck in my hands, feet, ears. wow! first needles felt like a total opiate -- I immediately relaxed in a way I hadn't been able to in YEARS. then the ones in my ears gave me this total shot of clarity... that's the only way I know how to describe it.

20 hours later, and I feel fantastic.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 12:37 pm

I've heard good things but never tried it.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 12:56 pm

I had a friend who used acupuncture to help quit smoking. That was about a year and half and he has not smoked since. He is in his mid 40s? So I am guessing he smoked for some time. I am not sure how much of it was him and what kind of a role the acupuncture played in this, but he swears by it.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:00 pm

I done did it a couple years ago. I was waking up daily with migraines and went there after trying everything else. The morning after was the first headache free day in two weeks. Acupuncture rules!
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:01 pm

I also used to work in the skateboarding industry and my coworkers all swore by acupuncture for sprains and muscle injuries.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:21 pm

Im willing to try anything that gets rid of stress.
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 1:30 pm

cigarettes
Posted: Jan 29, 2009 7:57 pm

first needles felt like a total opiate

I've had a similar experience. It's a beautiful thing.
Posted: Jan 30, 2009 1:56 am

I used to get acupuncture for my back. Good 'ol sciatica (piriformis syndrome?).

They'd put about a dozen or so needles in. Two in the lower back and the rest down the leg. The two in the lower spine hurt like a motherfucker as well as the one in the thigh.

Some people say acupuncture is painless. Wasn't for me. At all. The half-hour of being laid-out on the table w/needles painfully sticking out everywhere was worth it 'tho. I'd actually felt great....for a week. Then I'd have to go do it all over again.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®