Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / I need a CASSETTE DECK!
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:12 am

Anyone got a working tape deck they're willing to part with? My trusty 70's-era Yamaha finally crapped out. Single or Dual well, doesn't matter. We could make it an Anna Ives thing too, if you wanna.

Thanks!
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:33 am

yeah, i need one too.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 11:58 am

I might sell my Technics deck soon. Gotta digitize all my Paula Abdul and Cutting Crew cassettes first.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 12:04 pm

yeah, i need one too.

mee three.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 12:22 pm

yeah, i need one too.
mee three.

I got dibs, goddammit!
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 2:53 pm

The problem with modern cassette decks is auto record level. TEAC makes one though with adjustable record level and a mic input for around $200.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Goodwill / etc always has 'em. pilfer a tape from the sales floor and test as much as you can-- make sure theres not a transport problem or broken belt.

protip: pick a test cassette that you wouldn't mind owning and leave it in there when you check out. 9 times out of 10 they won't notice or care. and then you totally score a free tape.

I got a nice Harman-Kardon one from the 80s for $7 last year, but it suffered from random signal freakouts that would ruin the recording. keep the receipt around 'til you know it works, so you can bring it back for store credit or whatever.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:12 pm

HIGH SPEED DUBB'N!
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:24 pm

around $200.

I will not pay this much for a tape player.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:25 pm

protip: pick a test cassette that you wouldn't mind owning and leave it in there when you check out. 9 times out of 10 they won't notice or care. and then you totally score a free tape.

stealing from goodwill is not cool.

I got a nice Harman-Kardon one from the 80s for $7 last year, but it suffered from random signal freakouts that would ruin the recording. keep the receipt around 'til you know it works, so you can bring it back for store credit or whatever.

since when does goodwill allow returns?
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:35 pm

We could make it an Anna Ives thing too, if you wanna.

I will not pay this much for a tape player.

Pfff...way to go Joe.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:46 pm

Good. All you cheapskate losers can play your $8 dirty old Goodwill tape decks (with free stolen tape) for a day or 2 until they break and I'll continue to be the King of Cassettes with my new $200 Teac deck. See if I care.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 5:58 pm

king of cassettes does have a nice ring to it
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 6:10 pm

I am not cool.

since when does goodwill allow returns?

the ones around here do. I think it's store credit.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 6:17 pm

I really don't have much sympathy for goodwill-- they overcharge the shit out of stuff in Portland, and there's never any shortage of people willing to spend money on it. go to "the Bins" sometime and watch well-off middle class people fight each other over smelly trash! every goodwill in the metro area is way past being picked over. a tape ain't gonna sink 'em. fuck, go there and stuff you pants with tapes every day and nobody's gonna go hungry.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 6:49 pm

thats called Badwill.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 6:59 pm

you're right, I take it back. do not steal from goodwill. I AM NOT A ROLE MODEL.
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 7:49 pm

I posted the wrong one

i liked the other one better. think i'll go to circuit city and pick up the $200 teac though. i bet CC is selling for $5 in the liquidation sale!
Posted: Jan 26, 2009 9:06 pm

Fuck, last month at Salvation Army I got THREE dual cassette decks, a Sony, A Yamaha and an Onkyo, all tricked out with all the doodads--average price $10 each. Good to have a tape factory setup if you're doing tape demos for your band.

-Ryan
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 4:39 am

i bet
tape decks a cc??????????
30% off is their limit
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 12:12 pm

i liked the other one better. think i'll go to circuit city and pick up the $200 teac though.
good luck, they closed down.
Posted: Jan 27, 2009 12:17 pm

30% off is their limit

good luck, they closed down.

it was a joke, stupids.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®