Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Wait, WHAT?
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 1:29 pm

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 1:33 pm

yikes
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 2:01 pm

wait, WHAT?

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 2:18 pm

They should tour with Mott The Hoople.
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 8:16 pm

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

That;s just sad. I figured the bassist in Ian McLagan's band, Mark Andes would do it (They are based in Austin). He's played with Spirit, Heart and the Nuge!
Posted: Jan 22, 2009 10:03 pm

i'm sure the new material that woods and stewart wrote downing hectaliters of vodka at club med will fit perfectly with some slap bass...
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 1:25 pm

Ugh. Disgusting. Why couldn't they just get some competent, unknown pro who would stand in the background and not muck things up? Mark Andes woulda been fine. Hell, some country session player would be better than this. The thought of Flea playing Ronnie Lane's parts is enough to kill my enthusiasm. Count me out.
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 1:39 pm

I figured the bassist in Ian McLagan's band, Mark Andes would do it (They are based in Austin). He's played with Spirit, Heart and the Nuge!

Me too...at the HiTone he was superb!!!
Maybe the best I've ever heard live
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 1:52 pm

LIES! ALL LIES!

My vote goes for Joey Spampinato from NRBQ.
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 1:58 pm

Ugh. Disgusting. Why couldn't they just get some competent, unknown pro who would stand in the background and not muck things up? Mark Andes woulda been fine. Hell, some country session player would be better than this. The thought of Flea playing Ronnie Lane's parts is enough to kill my enthusiasm. Count me out.

+1

As if it wasn't going to be hard enough to call it the Faces w/o Ronnie Lane.
Posted: Jan 23, 2009 2:11 pm

that and mick harvey is leaving the bad seeds?!
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 4:18 pm

LIES! ALL LIES!

from this week's Metro Times (Detroit),

MT: Is Flea still the possible bass player?

MCLAGAN No, he's not. See, we've got to have someone who's gonna play Ronnie's parts 'cause they were integral, y'know? And Flea wouldn't know Ronnie Lane's parts from a fucking ... you know what I mean? He's a great bass player with the [Red Hot] Chili Peppers. I love the Chili Peppers. My original idea was Glen Matlock [of the Sex Pistols]. Glen was well into it and when I toured with him in his band, the Rich Kids, back in the late '70s, or whatever, he started playing Ronnie Lane lines in the songs. He'd be my choice. He loves Ronnie. Ronnie Lane's why Glen started playing the bass, for chrissake. He got the Sex Pistols to play [the Small Faces'] "What'cha Gonna Do About It."

http://metrotimes.com/music/story.asp?id=13743
Posted: Mar 5, 2009 5:44 pm

Ugh. Disgusting.

the only thing worse than flea would be nick oliveri. damn, that dude is annoying. or sambeaux.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®