Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Get off the stage U2
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 1:06 pm

WTF? who put those Irish cheeseballs on stage at Obama's concert on Sunday? last time I checked all their luxury homes were in Ireland or the French Riveria.

AND they sounded like shit....
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 1:35 pm | Edited by: Theresa K

um, larry mullen jr lives in nyc, on central park west
bono owns a pad about 15 blocks north of larry
they pay taxes here
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 1:50 pm

"This song is not a rebel song, this song is a tax deduction"
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 2:04 pm

"This is bullshit! Nobody cares! These guys are from England, and who gives a shit!"
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 2:17 pm

bono is my least favorite person in the world.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 2:24 pm

tied with sting.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 2:25 pm

at least The Edge made Pete Segar look young
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 2:33 pm

you like GW Bush better than Bono?
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 2:46 pm

At least Bush doesn't sing at me.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 3:04 pm

I'm shocked to find myself saying this, but yes. If I was forced at gunpoint to vote for another term for Bush or go to a U2 concert, I think I might vote for Bush.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 3:07 pm

Tied with Theresa K.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 3:12 pm

Give him a little Jim Beam & Peruvian marching powder and see if that still holds, I'd say.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 3:14 pm

Peruvian marching powder

HEE-HAW!!!
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 3:57 pm

After a 30-second leak of U2’s first No Line on the Horizon single “Get On Your Boots” emerged early this weekend, the band decided just to stream the whole track in its entirety on their Website.
The verses are similar to Elvis Costello’s “Pump It Up,” with Bono singing, “You free me from the dark dream, Candy floss ice cream, All our kids are screaming, But the ghosts aren’t real” in a similar cadence to Costello’s This Year’s Model hit.
“Get On Your Boots” was supposed to become available digitally on February 15th, but lo and behold it’s for sale on iTunes right now.

oh. I guess they were flogging product at the Lincoln Memorial the other day.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 4:57 pm

oh. I guess they were flogging product at the Lincoln Memorial the other day.

NO WAY! NOT U2!!!!!
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 4:58 pm

Give him a little Jim Beam & Peruvian marching powder and see if that still holds, I'd say.

Well, at least if Bush sang at me, there's at least a chance it might be a song I liked.
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Did Bono describe the scene as "fucking brilliant" while on the mic or maybe flash a boob? And I can't believe The Boss didn't do his best song with altered lyrics: "Blacks like you, baby you were Born To Ruuuuuuuuuuun *ding DING ding ding*"

MUSIC: Is there anything it CAN'T ruin?

-Ryan
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 5:55 pm

there's at least a chance it might be a song I liked.

http://paulmitchinson.com/wp-content/_bushwithguitar.jpg

there's him playin you a song! something tells me that it wasn't anything good though. *shrugs*
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 9:43 pm

C'mon...Phil Collins HAST to be the worst!
Posted: Jan 20, 2009 10:05 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!1
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 9:42 am

Yeah but he's below the radar. I can't remember the last time I had to read about how much of a philanthropist Phil Collins is.

Not only is Bono a lame douchebag pretentious jackoff, but he's a lame douchebag pretentious jackoff who's not going to ever let you FORGET how much of a lame douchebag pretentious jackoff he is.
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 9:53 am

Crowbar: please draw a picture of Obama throwing a shoe that looks like Bono at Bush.
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:15 am

Crowbar: please draw a picture of Obama throwing a shoe that looks like Bono at Bush.

How about a picture of the statue at the Lincoln Memorial kicking Bono into outer space?
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:31 am

Crowbar, please draw a picture of 4 dogs playing cards.
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:35 am

Wupps, here's what I meant to say:

Not only is Bono a lame-o fuckface, but he's a lame-o fuckface who's not going to ever let you FORGET how much of a lame-o fuckface he is.

If you wanna get all symbolic, it should be Obama shitting out a giant runny turd that looks like Bono, and that covers the entire United States.

How about a picture of the statue at the Lincoln Memorial kicking Bono into outer space?
See, now THIS is more like it. Lincoln woulda HATED U2!

I'll see what I can come up with...
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:36 am

Crowbar, please draw a picture of 4 dogs playing cards.

Should one of the dogs be surreptitiously passing a card over to another dog under the table with one of his back-arms?
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:40 am

"Well, at least if Bush sang at me, there's at least a chance it might be a song I liked."

That's funniest and truest thing I've heard in a while. I bet you and W. could do a sweet duet on "Hey Moe! Hey Joe!" I smell a hit.
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:57 am

Should one of the dogs be surreptitiously passing a card over to another dog under the table with one of his back-arms?

I'll leave that to your vast imagination.
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:59 am

hitler > bono
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 10:59 am

It's done. I drew all the shit on one picture. There is one little corner where I could draw something else, but I just don't know what.
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 11:00 am

hitler > bono
Idea!
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 11:06 am

Finished. This picture KICKS ASS dudes!
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 11:15 am

That's funniest and truest thing I've heard in a while. I bet you and W. could do a sweet duet on "Hey Moe! Hey Joe!" I smell a hit.

Or "You're the Reason God Made Oklahoma".
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 11:25 am

Lincoln woulda HATED U2!

During the Civil War, there was one thing all Americans - black and white, northern and southern - could agree on: they all hated the Irish.

But seriously...why do foreigners get to play the inauguration of the President of UNITED STATES? It's not like we're some little podunk country with hardly any of its own pop musicians. We're the last people on earth who aught to have to import entertainment.

I would make one exception regarding foreigners playing the inauguration - and that's Foreigner. Because at least there are a couple of Americans in that band.
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 11:33 am

Ha! I knew I could get some REDEMPTION and OUTRAGE from the Goner Board about U2/Boner playing in front of ole Abe at Obama's concert!

Thanks Goners!

Go to hell U2!!!! you make me sick Boner.

But I have to tell you, my kid was there, and she reserved her ire for Garth Brooks and his medley.
Posted: Jan 21, 2009 11:53 am

plus phil collins did easy lover with phil bailey

what's bono got..........a limpdick blues song about jebus
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®