Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / tim & eric awesome show great job
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:25 pm

I could watch this show over and over for eternity, but most my friends seem to not share my love - or haven't ever seen it. do I have horrible taste?
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:34 pm

I like it so much, that I'm seeing them live in Detroit in 2 weeks. Your friends have horrible taste.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:39 pm

you got weird friends...
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 6:58 pm

I was ill on saturday & watched this shit over & over. It made me shit.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:03 pm

A few made me laugh, others made me want to claw my eyes out.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:04 pm

I see them live tomorrow night. I've had all the episodes on my computer for a while (and even have season 1 on my fancy phone so I can watch em on the go) but I bought the DVD yesterday just so I can lend it to friends and turn people on. that show kills.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 7:37 pm

I'm with you, I've watched some episodes more times than I can count, it never gets old. It's been my favorite thing in the world for quite some time now. Seeing them live might ruin it for me though.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 9:49 pm

It's been my favorite thing in the world for quite some time now
even better than getting high, or rubbing one out?
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 11:22 pm | Edited by: Useless Eater

Best birthday gift ever is going to see them in a few weeks near Detroit.

Some bits are terrible but I piss myself laughing at least one time per 10 minutes.

tops:
1. Jim & Derrick Show. Fuse TV/extreme brah show. Amazingly accurate.
2. Raz on the jetskis.
3. Petite feet.
4. The innernette.
5. Casey & His Brother - just one song? Horse And Buggy Ride.
6. Beaver Boys
7. MIDI song organizer..............hats off to you sirs.

Feb 8th.
New season.
Not recommended for haters of the Go-Nuts.
Posted: Jan 12, 2009 11:27 pm

Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:06 am

so, do you live in a hole or a boat?

i think you said boat.

is it a class c commercial boat or fishing schooner?

great, i think you said fishing schooner.

your name is eric taargus, is that correct?

alright, i'll make the change.

your wife's new legal name is taargus taargus.

we'll send her the big sausage pizza video tape, thanks!
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:07 am

also, dont forget neil hamburger poolside chats with tim and eric. its a classic!
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:14 am

Bring some wine...

I've watched that one a few times a day for the last week...makes my eyes bug out, and and I can't seem to stop...it's the WORST for my sores...
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 2:21 am

Saw this live last year. It was pretty funny, but definitely not as good as the show. The funniest part of the show was a skit promoting Papa John's in which they hurled slices of pizza at audience members.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:01 am

Brownie Mountain.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:58 am

ya blew it.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 7:57 am

Fucking great show. Probably the closest a TV show has come to matching my sense of humor. I'm so jealous that those dudes get to sit around and make up retarded shit for a living.

Also going to be taking the lady to see 'em live a week from Friday.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 8:24 am

I like this show a lot, but I can see why people wouldn't like it, too. Some folk just don't like shrimp and white wine.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 10:36 am

yeah! love the show! get stoned and watch it, it's GREAT! i've only seen most of the second season, but i intend on watching more!
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 10:50 am

GREAT JOB!

Best show on television.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 12:52 pm

LOVE this show (and tom goes to the mayor.) Picked up the 1st season dvd not too long ago.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 1:58 pm

If you don't want to be called "rapist" don't rape.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 2:49 pm

Ooo Mama!!
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:08 pm

I'd seen a couple episodes and found it boring. So when I saw this thread last night I went to the Adult Swim site and watched a few more.
The only funny thing I saw was the poop tube commercial.

Then I smoked.
Still not funny.

Venture Brothers is far better.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:55 pm

Pumpers cracked me up. I mean, in tears laughing.

Venture brothers, the scared Straight Episode, is one of the funniest things I have ever seen.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 4:55 pm

the tulley taargus is the worlds first globe shaped storage unit!
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 7:18 pm

Tim and Eric is pretty hit or miss. I do love the Beaver Boys, though. But the Venture Brothers is the best show on television.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 7:46 pm

I don't know what Venture Brothers is but my favorite thing about Tim & Eric is their mockery of 90's culture. It's such an easy target, I can't believe they're the only ones out there making fun of JNCO jeans, chain wallets, grunge (the brownie mountain song is fucking GENIUS!!!), KORN fans, boy bands, etc. etc.
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 10:27 pm

It's such an easy target, I can't believe they're the only ones out there making fun of JNCO jeans, chain wallets, grunge (the brownie mountain song is fucking GENIUS!!!), KORN fans, boy bands, etc. etc.
great. that means its on its way back
Posted: Jan 13, 2009 10:31 pm

I don't know what Venture Brothers is but my favorite thing about Tim & Eric is their mockery of 90's culture. It's such an easy target, I can't believe they're the only ones out there making fun of JNCO jeans, chain wallets, grunge (the brownie mountain song is fucking GENIUS!!!), KORN fans, boy bands, etc. etc.

Exactly.

Training video culture.

Venture Bros? Like totally extreme Johnny Quest?! Meh. Do they have the song from a cell phone being turned off song as the theme for their best friend's funeral? No.
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 12:15 am

Smells like meat...
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 3:02 am

If you enjoy Tim & Eric- you may want to explore Tom Goes To The Mayor- their first show they did for Cartoon Network. That shit used to slay me.
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 9:30 am

I've only seen the first season and I understand they got funnier later but it's extremely hit or miss; I guess I've been lucky enough to know some funny muthf*uckers but I think if I had the opportunity those guys did I could crap out stuff better than that.

Weirdness for weirdness sake is great but it's got to deliver.

Will this show be mentioned in the same breath as Monty Python, Kids in the Hall, and Mr. Show one day?
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 12:15 pm

show last night was awesome great job!, but kinda unnecessary for that price. Lots of previews of season 4 which looks like a good'un.

I saw Tom/Mayor once and thought it was dumb, but now I want to check it out again. IMO Kids/Hall and Mr. Show were more hit & miss than Tim & Eric is (but still great), but different strokes...
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 1:06 pm

but different strokes...

You're right...Different Strokes never failed to deliver!!! (sue me)
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 1:06 pm

Sorry Im meant:

Diff'rent Strokes
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 1:08 pm

the tulley taargus is the worlds first globe shaped storage unit!

ok, that was pretty fucking funny.
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 2:21 pm

i'm still pining for the the return of herman's head.
Posted: Jan 14, 2009 5:16 pm

My girlfriend and a few of her friends really love it and have tried to convert me. I've chuckled here and there at it, but not enough sustained laughs for me to want to keep watching. I like the cable access aesthetic, but I can't get past what seems to be an over-reliance on celebrity guest stars, which makes the whole thing seem just a little bit forced. Although, the infomercial about the device that lets you shit standing up is classic.
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 12:25 am

Celebrity guest stars? Like the dude from Trenchmouth and his holes.
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 2:20 am

neil hamburger and bob odenkirk.
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 8:14 am

Hamburger RULES!
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 11:25 am

Dr. Steve Brule ya dummies.
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Just looking at their faces makes me laugh. They don't even have to say anything. That is how much they crack me up. I had wanted to see them live but looks like I missed 'em.
Posted: Jan 15, 2009 9:46 pm

I like parties
I like fun
I want to live
in a hamburger bun
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®