Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / just saying...
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 4:12 am

i dont actually care about chico and his dog. airships was given to me years ago by willi vlautin and we live up here in carver country. i wish the action swingers couwda been household names but it didnt work out, ned. but justice n the rb givng eachother shit about ping pong and alisa's son reminded me why i come around here. knowing bros r doing well. rb and k - always my love. scott- i cant wait to read that story. robin- hope yr doing well. goners- good holidays to ya
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 7:00 am

willy vlautin's stories are carvweresque too if i remember the few i read in journals. carver country is a good place to live in, inside or outside the body.

i know the following things which will bore all here:

they (hannah and carver--along with paley who is another story) were the best short story writers of their times

they (the men (paley was a vigorous re-writer and editor's dream( were IMMENSELY helped by the great editor and great writer gordon lish, controversially of course in carver's case [lish often sitting high at his Esquire-throne simply AXED off whole sections of Ray's writings before publishing them] Tess Gallagher, poet and ray's widow, denied all l,ot of this "influence" but Lish certainly has powerful evidence that he he at least brought carver to his pinter-esque minimalism faster than if by himself.

i say all this because i thought yamhill would care. and dead dogs ain't that funny. and I, carver (a person i met with several times), paley(ditto), and many others all thought the same thing: barry hannah was the fucking meteor across our night's sky.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 7:05 am

sry for typos--my keyboard is sticking!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 7:32 am

my keyboard is sticking!

Dude, you got to put a towel over it before you get work.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 7:47 am

paper or cloth?

i'm new at this PC/IT jigaboo
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 8:54 am

Thanks, Yamhill. Me too. This getting up in the morning to go to work thing sucks.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 10:08 am

if you think that's bad you oughtta know this graveyard shit is killing me. plus, all the weirdos that come in to sheetz are creeping me out.
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 11:01 am

Sheetz! Had an MTO for dinner last night.
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 12:27 pm

this graveyard shit is killing me. plus, all the weirdos that come in to sheetz are creeping me out.

A friend of mine worked the overnight at a convenience store for a while. He finally had enough when some dude came in there, drank 4 big bottles of Scope, and kept blabbing at him for hours.
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 2:18 pm

Dude! you work at SHEETZ? SICK! do you get employee discounts on subs? WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA???
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 10:42 pm

happy xmas yamill, and everybody else too
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®