Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Manute Bol appreciation thread.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 1:57 am

dude...you are way tall!!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 2:00 am

Posted: Dec 23, 2008 6:23 am

fucking freaks, but bol shooting 3 pointers and mugsy dunking are real highlights!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 8:30 am

Seen Manute Bol play against The Knicks at The Garden. All the Knicks players were slapping him five all night as they went up and down the court. Those were the pre-Riley days when you could still get stoned up in the Blue seats. Seen Michael Jordan back then too.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 9:19 am

Dutch, I love that photo. Muggsy was the man!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 11:51 am

He's broke!

Spent all his NBA loot bailing out the Sudanese rebels and trying to prevent genocide.
Meanwhile, Shaquille O'Kneel was busy trying to put even bigger spinner wheels on his humvee
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 11:55 am

He also did this:

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/0523/photo/bol_i.jpg

Meanwhile, Shaquille O'Kneel was busy trying to put even bigger spinner wheels on his humvee

So what? Shaq is and was 1000X better than Bol. He earned those spinners!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 12:26 pm

Look up the youtube video of Dominique Wilkins Dunking over Manute. I would post the link, but youtube is blocked at work. It's pretty good.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 1:09 pm | Edited by: Seamus

Look up the youtube video of Dominique Wilkins Dunking over Manute. I would post the link, but youtube is blocked at work. It's pretty good.

You thinking of Spud Webb?

I don't think Bouges could dunk or ever did so in a game.

But seriously, Bol was the best thing for NBA posters until the advent of Shawn Bradley.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 1:12 pm | Edited by: AndyB

Webb dunked "on" Bol, not "over" him.

Nothing has or ever will beat this:

He didn't dunk "on" the dude, he litearally dunked "over" the 7-2 dude. Added bonus was that the big Frenchman was drafted by the Knicks!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 2:20 pm

That can't have been Bol in the Spud video - whoever it was jumped.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 3:46 pm

Since I am at the office, it was Nique who dunked over bol, right?
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 6:03 pm

He also did this:

http://assets.espn.go.com/media/pg2/2002/0523/photo/bol_i.jpg

manute kicked the fridge's ass!!!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 6:04 pm

mugsy dunking are real highlights!

mugsy couldn't dunk, you're thinking spud webb.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 6:05 pm

You thinking of Spud Webb?

bingo
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Shaq is and was 1000X better

big deal.

this is the MANUTE BOL appreciation thread.

If you want to appreciate Shaq and the 27" spinners on his humvee, start your own thread!

MANUTE IS THE MAN! FROM SUDAN!
But he's not doing so well ...

Former NBA player and Dinka tribesman Manute] Bol and his best friend went to over 39 Congressmen personally and met with the Pentagon in the 90's telling them that their people were being decimated by the Arab Muslims from the North and would disappear if the US did not help. He said they got nothing.

...So Manute reached into his own pockets in the millions to help support the starving refugees who had witnessed their homes and families destroyed.

...The postscript is that Bol is broke and that some former NBA friends held a benefit to raise $$ for his huge Health bills after a drunk Cab Driver flipped a car Bol was in.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 8:55 pm

you are right of course

but i still loved his game
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 8:56 pm

great dunk

Posted: Dec 23, 2008 8:57 pm

but i love the hawk

Posted: Dec 23, 2008 9:03 pm

like much of the nba this guy can't play ball a lick...

but he can dunk.
hookorcrook
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 10:44 pm

my dad took me to see the bullets play the lakers at the forum in 1987. we got there early and went down to the floor and manute was letting kids stand next to him and smiling. it was awesome, i wish i had a picture.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 10:57 pm

my mom and dad took me to see the harlem globetrotters in '72 little sister was a baby so mom was carrying her, i was little and tired , as we were walking out meadowlark lemon saw this, picked me up and carried me to the car, wish i had a picture
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 11:16 pm

aw wittle bwuce
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®