Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Detroit Lions!
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 3:03 am

one more game guys...0-16 you can do it!!
Posted: Dec 22, 2008 3:08 am

queen bray fackers #1!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 11:54 am

Lions will pull it out in GB
and avoid the big O
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 12:46 pm

with the way the pack are playing the last half of the season i guess im not surprised. they'll win with a field goal in the last 20 seconds.
Posted: Dec 23, 2008 1:19 pm

That Giants game Sunday night was a thing of beauty. Go G-Men!
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 3:22 pm

The entire country will be rooting for the Lions. Hell, I'm a Packer fan and I'll probably root for them...
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 3:25 pm

The entire country
except one

serves them obtuse, car-making greedy bastards right

i love negative perfection
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 5:26 pm

I wouldn't wish 0-16 on anyone, except for the ny jets.

I'm a Dolphin fan, and last year's 1-15 debacleation (Emmitt taught me that word) was the WORST. I feel for Detroit.

There is nothing to love about negative perfection.
Posted: Dec 24, 2008 5:47 pm

i'm just glad they didnt beat the saints.
Posted: Dec 26, 2008 11:32 am

Got the $5 money line bet from the Sunset Station for the Lions to win. Should pay out 3/4 of a billion.
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 3:50 pm

thank god! i was scared for half a sec....
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 3:50 pm

why is it impossible for me to post a comment without "...." ???
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 4:47 pm

I wonder what the vegas odds on a 0-16 Lions season would have been on week 1. I'm kinda mad I didn't make such a bet.
Posted: Dec 28, 2008 4:56 pm

I wonder what the vegas odds on a 0-16 Lions season would have been on week 1. I'm kinda mad I didn't make such a bet.

astronomical

and with roy Williams (oops) and beast calvin johnson and shitty division i bet for a gambling house more likely for a team to go undefeated than lions' going winless

college tuition so long!
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 12:59 am

PERFECT SEASON 0-16!!!
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 7:55 am

Thank Baal this disaster of a season is over for the Packers. 0-8 in close games. What the fuck? All they needed to do was pull out 2-3 of 'em and they'd have been in the playoffs. Vikings are one & done anyway. Hate that fucking team. Was rooting for the Bears to pull it off, but alas.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 9:16 am

. 0-8 in close games

i have 6 close games. unless you count 20 to colts and 22 to woeful saints as close.

All they needed to do was pull out 2-3 of 'em and they'd have been in the playoffs.

At 6-10, three more victories would increase their total by 50%, hardly an “all” statement, as IF something were simple. It’s like saying if the kc royals had won 50% more than their win totals (70) they would have 105 and be in the playoffs. Well, yeah, but.

Even with 3 more wins the packers would still be 9-7. what playoff spot would they steal?

Or DESERVE to steal.

I like their offense, but giving up 380 is a bit much; they can’t win on the road. This is where they belong. At home. Drinking beer with their confused fans.

Vikings are one & done anyway

maybe. i like philly in a close game but why trust mcnabb at this point or be complacent about the great A peterson?
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 9:17 am

o. now you can call me a name. i forgot.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 9:39 am

Marinelli fired but Mayhew named GM. Looks like more of the same for my lions. Staying the course has been working so well. Thanks WFord Sr!
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 10:06 am

Thanks WFord Sr!

draft a few more wide outs as high first rounders!

well anyways, the chances that the falcons, ravens, and dolphins all fielded strong playoff teams this year after winning a combined 7 or 8 or 9 last season (i KNOW ravens and dolphins won 4 between them) must give some heart. and you always have in yr bracket the pussy bears who can't find a QB and the pussy packers who can't find what to do with their qb's as signs of heartwarming optimism.

i guess.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 11:23 am

You have no clue Baker. 0-7 in games within 4 points. Lost a game they were up by 2 scores with 7 minutes left in the game. 0-8. They beat the Vikings & Bears and they're in the playoffs. They murdered the Colts & Bears and had a breakdown against the Saints. A few adjustments and they're back in the playoffs. Great first-day picks, don't have to play a first-place schedule, first-year qb has another year of experience, don't have to play NFC South, ridiculous defensive injuries not likely to happen next year, etc. Defensive stats weren't that bad, just the whole team took it in they keyster in the clutch literally every time the game was on the line. I'm just glad this adjustment year is over and I can look forward to next year. And all the teams I hate losing in the first round.

I'm on the Giants bandwagon. Also always dug Pitt. Hoping for that match-up in the Super Bowl.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 11:29 am

I think the steelers and the giants in the superbowl would be fun. The Giants parely pulled one out in the regular season here. I think a rematch would be fun. I am ready for the PLAYOFFS!

Either way, the cowboys are at home, so I am happy.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 12:04 pm

Yeah, Cowboys & Vikings woulda been perfect. I guess an opening round loss would be almost as sweet.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Yeee Gawds.

Good thing Detroit still has Pistons & Wings. Or else things would really be bad.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 6:24 pm

You have no clue Baker

I’m clueless? They lost by.

I was wrong at 6. you were wrong at 8.

Secondly. That’s what makes a bad team a bad team. Tired at end. Lousy coaching in 4th quarter. No will to win. Getting stuffed when game is on the line. This is good news how? They’re called wins. Not competitive scenarios. You can do this with any sport. They should have, they could have. They play in a horrible division against QB’s more suited for slapstick routines with moms mabley and they end up 20th in league defense. Only five more teams gave up appreciably more points (four teams were clustered with basically same amount). and I still like their offense but I am clueless.

Btw beating the bears is hardly something I would put on my resume. And everyone was beating the colts three months ago. No longer. You are a defense, a coaching staff, and better special teams play away from being a playoff team. You call those adjustments. I call them overhauls. But I am clueless.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 9:43 pm

Yes, a terrible team that was an overtime away from going to the Super Bowl last year and lost one starter in the meantime. They've been the youngest team in the league for 3 years now, so they're not going to get any worse. They have plenty of talent, they just have a first-year starter at qb and had a combination of bad luck and bad decisions. As for points allowed, a better indicator of "a bad team" is points differential - the Packers scored more than they gave up this year. In fact, if you look at their stats they don't look like a team with a losing record. They just collapsed in the clutch every time they had a chance this year. Won't happen next year.

Guaranteed the only time you saw them this year was when they played your pathetic Aints franchise. You haven't ever rooted for a real football team, so I guess you get a pass for being an idiot, but you're a dumb cunt for thinking you're some kind of "expert."
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 10:06 pm

Guaranteed the only time you saw them this year was when they played your pathetic Aints franchise. You haven't ever rooted for a real football team, so I guess you get a pass for being an idiot, but you're a dumb cunt for thinking you're some kind of "expert."

u call be dumb and you think i'm a saints fan? i have only mentioned ohio in 6000 posts. can you read? and btw just so you know: my self worth is not caught up in the winning percentage of the browns. been a fan all my life. but not a self deluded punk ass bitch like you who actually dictates his philosophy around the fortunes of athletes.

ahhh back to the name calling!

and by the way6 asshole: a REAL good indicator of a good team is win loss. you won 6. you lost ten. eat that stat pussy.

i'm from ohio idiot. and never called myself an expert. can you read? i have read some of yr reviews. i KNOW you can't write. unless by writing aristotle meant choking out cliches about yr friends' cover bands' new EP's.

YECH!!!!!!

oh one more thing. only lousy teams collapse in the clutch every time they have a chance. you know like resorting to name calling and thinking you are tougghhh. ha!!!

and it's keister. not keyster, fucking punk.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 10:09 pm

Guaranteed the only time you saw them this year

i don't waste my time on fucking losers. i meant you, but yr team qualifies as well. sry not to set my life aside so i can watch a bunch of asswipes or their excuse-making fucked-up fans pass as a pro team. jig's up!

trickknee: lick me.

you lose. and you're ugly.

ouch!
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 10:12 pm | Edited by: michael baker

They've been the youngest team in the league for 3 years now, so they're not going to get any worse.

like this year?

ha!!!

i mention that their defense is lower third of league?

can you fucking read?

and shitty players when they are young turn out to be shitty players when they get older. look at the brewers in baseball.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 10:51 pm

Michael Baker, stop giving blowjobs to emo kids. It's really gross.
Posted: Dec 29, 2008 11:55 pm

damn todd... are you really gonna let a 50 some year old dude in wearing a snuggie call you a punk ass bitch?

and take it easy on our Saints. they fucked their season up on their own. the whole NFC took a total dump this year.

snuggie baker needs to move his tantrums to the moms mabely message board. maybe the oldsters there can relate to his bedwetting pseudo-gonzo hack "writing" style.
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 8:57 am

i don't waste my time on fucking losers. i meant you, but yr team qualifies as well. sry not to set my life aside so i can watch a bunch of asswipes or their excuse-making fucked-up fans pass as a pro team. jig's up!

Case closed.

It looks like you've been "researching" me - creepy. I only "know" you via your garbage on here, and I usually avoid your shit whenever possible. Your writing has zero personality, and the only way you stick out is because of your stubborn refusal to be right about anything.

Cleveland? Hee-Haw!
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 9:12 am

1. Miami Dolphins rule and will be Superbowl Champions;
2. The Packers suck. Ryan Grant is overrated and Aaron Rodgers is a choker. If their defense hadn't scored a zillion TDs this year, their record would be even worse than it already is. Defensive TDs are largely based on luck. The stats prove that when comparing defensive TDs from year-to-year. Bottom line: The Packers got lucky this year and STILL sucked (but they were smart to ditch Favre).
3. Cleveland is snake-bitten. Brady Quinn is gay, Kellen Winslow is retarded, and Braylon is a diva who cant even catch the football. I feel sorry for their fans, seriously. I hope they get Pioli and he builds something.
4. The Lions...not much to add.
5. The Saints need to improve their secondary and they will be legit. Their offense is the best in the league. Improve the secondary and the pass rush will be more effective. Jason David shoulda been shot after week 1 last year.
6. Watch Miami win a close one against the Ravens this week. Last time these two teams played in the playoffs, George W. Bush watched it at home and choked on a pretzel!
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 9:13 am

I'm giving this thread a 7 out of 10. It's getting really good.

Work is slow today, and i need some entertaining, so lets keep the fighting at a brisk pace.

Can we do that, guys?
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 11:21 am

Football. Echh.

320 lb sacks of meat covered in plastic slamming into each other.

That's not sport, that's spectacle for short attention spans.

how's that, Jerry?
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 11:36 am

If they got lucky this year and were smart to ditch Favre (the only player they lost), was last year the luckiest year a team has ever had? Makes no sense, pal. Plenty of talent on the team, that's not the problem. Neither is Rodgers. Losing Jenkins (best inside pass rusher & top run defender) early was a huge blow that snowballed when the rest of the defense was devastated by injury. Grant was hurt all year and had no burst when he came back from injury. McCarthy was the biggest controllable fault this year - poor play selection on a loaded offense, bad calls in the clutch, no faith in his first year qb, etc.

They need to pull a pass rusher in free agency and draft for inside d-line, an o-lineman or two and a rb (I think Jackson could be good, but don't see him as ever becoming a top rung guy).

Miami has a quarterback that can't throw past 15-20 yards. Big improvement this year, but last year was no fluke. Having a last place schedule and a bit of luck hasn't hurt them a bit. They are no threat in the playoffs, though the Ravens ain't shit, so I suppose they could pull off a first round win.

New Orleans has no defense. They are another "greatest show on turf" that will score points and catch teams off guard, but without a top defense, they're going nowhere. The D has better stats than it deserves because Brees scores so many points for 'em and it can take teams out of their comfort zone.

TN, Pitt, and Giants are legit. Carolina may surprise some people. Indy has the experience. Atlanta is such an interesting dynamic that you never know. I can't see any other teams making the Super Bowl.
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 11:37 am

That's not sport, that's spectacle for short attention spans.

Actually, people with short attention spans are unlikely to want to pay attention, since football is a lot of waiting around for the next snap, followed by a few seconds of action, then repeat.
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 1:03 pm

Tricknee, good job making excuses for a thoroughly crappy Green Bay Packers team. It is possible for a team to keep most of their personnel and regress. That's what happened to your team in 2008. Sorry. It makes sense to me.

The Miami Dolphins finished the season 9-1. Say what you will about their schedule, they won 11 games this year. That's never an easy feat. And you are completely ignorant about Chad Pennington's armstrength. Allow me to eductate you:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80c5f377

The ball traveled 55 yards in the air.
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 3:41 pm

waiting around for the next snap

that thing they do with the towels on their butts, does that have anything to do with their sexual orientation?
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 3:42 pm

damn, it sure is dull at work today.
Posted: Dec 30, 2008 10:19 pm

Can we all agree that we don't like Shanahan?
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 1:32 am

you all have myspace haircuts.
Posted: Dec 31, 2008 11:15 am

Posted: Jan 5, 2009 4:00 pm

1. Miami Dolphins rule and will be Superbowl Champions

Whoops!
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 5:12 pm

1. Miami Dolphins rule and will be Superbowl Champions

Whoops!

Seeya, little Dolphins!
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 8:59 pm

I eat the crow. We got beat by a better team. It was a fun season, and this team will improve.
Posted: Jan 5, 2009 9:57 pm

sorry, andy. that ravens defense is brutal. that ed reed is a bad motherfucker.
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 1:06 am

Ray Lewis is insane! Not as insane as Lawrence Taylor tho.
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 9:06 am

I flew to Miami to be with my dad and brother for the game. Ed Reed...what else is there to say.
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 9:11 am

You should still be happy - what a turnaround!
Posted: Jan 6, 2009 11:00 am

I am happy. I predicted 6 wins!

The Dolphins are improving. They played a soft schedule this year, for sure, but I think they'll be better next year. Its so refreshing to have a competent front office and coaching staff.
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 10:06 am

Posted: Jan 8, 2009 12:01 pm

Posted: Jan 8, 2009, 10:06 am Quote Getting back to the original post:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=820382 8&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=6.1.1

har har!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®