Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / THD Triode Yellowjacket Tube Converters
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 9:47 am

Yo gear slutz!
I was reading some shitz last night about my fender twin reverb cuz the fuckers so motherfuckin loud and no good breakup. sounds good clean with the bright switch on but once a distortion pedal, like my blues driver, is plugged in, it sounds really weird. with the bright switch off it sounds better but that switch makes a big difference when clean. wish it worked well for the distortion.

anyways you fuckers, i stumbled upon these THD Yellowjacket shits last night and wanted to know if anyone has ever used them before.

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/THD-Triode-Yellow-Jacke t-for-6v6-Amps?sku=210410

ive also been told that i can take out the first preamp tube and either the two middle 6L6 tubes or the outer two 6L6 tubes to bring down the power enough to crank the volume more for better natural distorion and breakup.

comments:
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 11:33 am

i use them in a tweed fendewr bassman. while normally at past one its way to loud to play at home with the thd its around 3. it breaks up earlier yes. you can also use it in combo with a mxr micro amp to get a better tube distort as well. if anything they are cool to try
Posted: Dec 17, 2008 11:48 am

Taking out the preamp tubes won't work, but on some amps you can pull half the power tubes to half the power. Why don't you just trade your twin for a amp that suits your needs? Whenever I try to customize stuff it usually ends up costing way more than actually buying what you need in the first place. You could trade a twin for a deluxe (not the hotrod or deville) but a real deluxe and you would probably be happy in the long run.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®