Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / a band called harlem(?) from texas
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:43 pm

we played a show last night mostly as a favor for other friends to bring some folks in. they bum rushed to grab the earlier slot because they are into numerology and they like to play 3rd. it was a sunday and i let it go but afterwords i let them know it wasnt cool to fuck us and the band we were trying to throw the primr slot to. fist fight ensued. if anyone sees the band harlem out there let them know- eat skull 1, them 0. but i have a knuckle that is way out of place and i got kicked in the head by a faggy white shoe.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:46 pm

damn. fuck some numerologists.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 6:57 pm

it was all more silly than anything- but corect, fuck them. it was cool to meet you in mempis. hope you are well. eat skull is gonna do a nationwider in and out of s/sw so if we swing inland we should try to do something.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 7:11 pm

for sure. the kids would kill for that show.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 7:36 pm

you got beat by those dudes?
geez...
they are scrawny.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 7:40 pm

muscle- we did not get beat by those dudes.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 7:40 pm

eat skull is a way scarier name too.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 7:42 pm

holla at me for a show in nola when you
guys tour.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 8:28 pm

The guys in Harlem are nice dudes, you must've been acting like a macho dickhead or something.

add Harlem to your friends!!!
http://www.myspace.com/harlemduh
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 11:23 pm

Their new bass player was in the Shitty Beach Boys for a while.... I like South of France.....

Never really seen them get all aggressive but they fought the Black Lips too. Dunno who won that one.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 1:00 am | Edited by: dale

Did some real magazine or radio station give them attention lately? There's been a ton of hits at the S/T blog lately coming from searches on them.

And Rich is a total gentleman for helping me helping them get a Michigan show when things couldn't happen over on this side of the state.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 3:43 am

no grudges. and im not a macho douchebag. ever. but when a band shoves there way into a situation and explains it first as numeralogy then acts disdainful- yes things get heavy. no issues w/u rich but that was not cool at all.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 3:54 am

People still fall for that old numeralogy trick?
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 6:03 am

god damn garage rock is weak...
both the black lips and eat skull
have been beaten up by the hippiees in harlem???
those dudes are total fags!
they couldnt beat up my grandma!
and she's dead!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 10:38 am

not as bad as MEMPHIS INDUSTRIES some lame label not from Memphis.

I'll knee somebody in the nose if i ever meet those responsible for that shit.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 12:08 pm

My experience with this band: they apparently lived in Portland for a minute. Rep Civ played some show w/ 'em and i believe tried to tell me to boycott 'em because they were assholes? I don't fully remember,maybe dogweiner can verify this. A couple of weeks later at some Black Lips show in Portland,the B'Lips jumped into the crowd to regulate on 'em! It was exciting to me as a spectator,they sure as hell didn't do that on Conan!

After hearing their music online i must say that the Black Lips should consider legal action instead of fisticuffs... they very well may have a case!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 12:19 pm

Just wanted to add that the crowd regulatin' came after a solid 10-20 minutes (i'm guessing,drunk time you know) of deliberate antagonizing. I asked around and the folks getting beat up were ID'ed as members of Harlem. I have no direct personal experiences with this band.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 12:23 pm

god damn garage rock is weak.
of course it is,look at the people playing it. striped tees and skrawny dudes who raided their granpas 45 collection. im going to buy this band a round of beers for striking fear into gaRAGE whiggers everywhere.
there now the henry rollins of pud rock."ewww did you hear what harlem did? "
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 12:39 pm

They're generic garage whatevers...bit they seemed nice when they were here. I actually like them better now that I know they fight alla time!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 12:53 pm

They're generic garage whatevers
I'd say a lot of bands getting blown on-line release generic 7 inches that people giz over for no reason.

But hey, that's why I listen to
THRIVING IVORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you dream, that the world will know your name
So tell me your name
Do you care, about all the little things or anything at all?
I wanna feel, all the chemicals inside I wanna feel
I wanna sunburn, just to know that I'm alive
To know I'm alive

Don't tell me if I'm dying, cause I don't wanna know
If I can't see the sun, maybe I should go
Don't wake me cause I'm dreaming, of angels on the moon
Where everyone you know, never leaves too soon

Do you believe, in the day that you were born tell me do you believe
And Do you know, that everydays the first of the rest of your life

Don't tell me if I'm dying, cause I don't wanna know

This is to one last day in the shadows
And to know a brother's love
This is to New York City angels
And the rivers of our blood
This is to all of us, to all of us

So don't tell me if I'm dying, cause I don't wanna know

And you can tell me all your thoughts about the stars the fill the moonlight sky
Show me where you run to when no ones left to take your side
Dont tell me where the road ends, cause i just don't wanna know no i dont wanna know

Don't tell me if I'm dying
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 7:39 pm

solid 10-20 minutes (i'm guessing,drunk time you know) of deliberate antagonizing.

Coomers said they were telling Black Lips to "turn the bass up!"

not as bad as MEMPHIS INDUSTRIES some lame label not from Memphis.

The other garage-pop assholes from Austin (who I love hanging out with, always entertaining) White Denim were called Miami when they got banned from Beerland. Max always gives me shit for laughing when he tells the story.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 7:50 pm

tell the story!
tell the story!
Posted: Dec 10, 2008 1:09 am

umm, they forgot like a bass drum pedal and said oh, y'know, we'll wait and it'll be here somehow. So they waited and I guess nobody loaned them anything or they didn't ask and Randall (Beerland's owner) said "that's it, it's too late now, we gotta get this show going."

So as they're loading out James jokes "we're still getting paid right?" Randall jumps the little barrier between the soundboard and the entrance and James grabs his cheeks and says "get back behind the board, soundguy...." Three or four people keep Randall from killing James on the spot.

I'm not saying they aren't idiots but it's amusing. Kind of like imagining Harlem and the Black Lips brawling.

One time White Denim got booked on a country music festival in Dallas and bombed (predictably) but they also called the promoters wife a fat cow and little details like that are important when you're generic garage whatevers....
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 2:04 am

maybe dogweiner can verify this
Yeah we fucked thems dudes up with a seven linked chain, thats what the mean streets of broke-land is all about. and its cause they were acting all douchey and macho, we just had to regulate. Ace had the one point of his switch blade, Sara the two shafts of her numbchuchs, Nick the three points of his sai and I had the seven linked chain, 1+2+3+7=13 a very unlucky number for those who choose to flex there douchbaggery on our turf, I cant believe you dont remember that joe, it was the same night we both hooked up with those fat chicks at kelly's but you ran away so I had to do them both and they shaved my nut sack and ass with an electric shaver.
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 2:38 pm

Coomers involved in all these fights makes me laugh

did all you tuff guys beat up Gravy Train, too!!!!!!
Posted: Dec 11, 2008 3:05 pm

I could take FannyPack!
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 2:28 am

they bum rushed to grab the earlier slot

This sentence never made sense to me. I think I get it now.There were four bands and Harlem didn't want to headline as some unknown band from out of town? Makes sense to me.... Curtis tried to pull the numerology line on me tonight but it's pretty intuitive. I'd probably jump in early too.

Did Christian fight? I doubt it.
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 8:41 pm

i guess these dudes need a show at my house. i don't really wanna book them.
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 10:27 pm

so don't....are you trying to get advice, per usual, from the peanut gallery? can you do anything without the innernetz?
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 10:32 pm

I can't!
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 11:02 pm

I can't!
except kick her out of the sack
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 11:19 pm | Edited by: Rich Balls

When Harlem stayed at my house they were nothing but cool, respectable dudes. ... If that's what you're worried about.
If you just don't like their music, then don't book em!
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 11:23 pm

I can't!
except kick her out of the sack

Only gold diggers brah!

THE DTRAIN IS BACK!!!!
Posted: Jun 16, 2009 11:32 pm

maybe he's worried cause of the rumors that Coomers ain't gay no mo
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 11:37 am

the harlem lp is great. never got the hype it deserved. fighting rules!
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:15 pm

More Coomers stories

one time at ye local all ages hardcore venue He tried to have his band jump on an all local show...the venue wasn't having it...so he waited till the end of the show, jumped on a pool table with a flower in hand, and sang one of his songs to the visibly confused hardcore kids

another time his band played in an all night laundromat which just happened to be located next to an Italian restaurant named Jersey Joes who's biggest claim to fame, besides having decent food, was the owner always put ads in the local alterna weekly extolling the virtues of John Gotti and basically trying to get him outta the pen and nominated for sainthood. Anyways the band, Teen Suicide I think, waited till there was a crowd and then took their clothes off, except for underwear, and placed said clothes in a dryer and then began playing...within two songs employees and at least one patron, local rocker who used to be in hair metal bands in the 80's and is now a tv spokesmodel for a local european salon, of Jersey Joe's came in screaming " What the fuck are you kids doing? Are you having a rave? Hey Eddie these kids are having a rave!"

Coomers kept right along until the screaming lady unplugged him, stood right in front of him, and kept accusing him of raving. Then she got out her cell phone and loudly proclaimed she was calling the cops and shutting this rave down.

can he be annoying? fuck yes

is he still more entertaining and hence better than you? fuck yes
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:46 pm

Matador just announced that they signed Harlem.
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 1:52 pm

let the grumbling begin
Posted: Jun 18, 2009 2:36 pm

THEY IS GOOD AND ANNOYING
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®