Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Any Journey Fans on this Board?
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 1:14 pm

You Suck. Fuckin' Die!
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 11:12 pm

I like Journey--your hate only makes us stronger!

-Ryan
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 11:36 pm

Don't stop believin' bra.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 12:15 am | Edited by: SSSSSSS

What's up with them these days? Did they ditch the Steve Perry replacement (who was also named Steve, IIRC) that couldn't sing?
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 2:18 am

You Suck. Fuckin' Die!
FUCKING thank you!!! Journey makes Boston sound KICK ASS!.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 3:12 am

Steve Perry replacement that couldn't sing?

That made him a perfect replacement for Perry.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 9:46 am | Edited by: Womb Raider

I don't hate Journey but I do hate people who love Journey, fucking ironic white idiots! Stop co-opting another generation's top 40 hits and just listen to the Barenaked Ladies already you dive bar slumming PBR drinking losers.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:28 pm

journey is the perfect hard rock/soft pop feel good and rock out band!
anybody who doesn't like them would probably suck a dick.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:29 pm

same goes for neil diamond and olivia newton john.
i'm just sayin'
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:29 pm

i heard they got some new fillipino singer
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 6:30 pm

I don't hate Journey but I do hate people who love Journey, fucking ironic white idiots!

I keep hearing about hipsters that pretend to love Journey, but have yet to witness it first hand. I need to visit a hip city soon, I guess.

I only see 40-somethings that REALLY love Journey sing it at karaoke bars.
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 8:26 pm

This 30-something has been trying to get up the balls to do 'Separate Ways' at karaoke for several years now--I just wanna make sure I can do it justice, ya know? I wanted to form a Journey cover band for Halloween--our set would consist of playing the opening riff of 'Separate Ways' for 18 minutes, then playing it for three more minutes as the encore.

-Ryan
Posted: Dec 6, 2008 9:27 pm

the video game is kickass.
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 12:06 am

Posted: Dec 7, 2008 2:55 am

I keep hearing about hipsters that pretend to love Journey, but have yet to witness it first hand.

Scene from Portland: someone plays "Don't Stop Believing" on a dive bar jukebox at 1:20am and all the hipster "metal fans" caterwaul the shit out of it. Sure, they were prattling on about SUNN O))))))) five minutes ago, but now they might as well be 20-years-younger versions of their parents.

Kind of ruined the whole "guilty pleasure" angle for me.

see also: Whitesnake
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 3:51 am

the video game is kickass.
goddamn you bradx!! why ya gotta bring back the good ol days...I remember that shit..the keyboard player would come down and shoot shit up...??
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 11:22 am

That's how I always think of Journey. It's not a band I particularly love, but I think anybody who insists they don't sing along when they're in their car by themselves to "When the Lights Go Down in the City" is a big fat liar.

What the hell's wrong with Boston?
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 11:57 am

i heard they got some new fillipino singer

Manny?
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 12:22 pm

Isn't that Thom Scholz Featuring Boston?

And yes, Manny is what's wrong with Boston.
Posted: Dec 7, 2008 3:19 pm

We were at the Journey show/
The first three songs we were hanging low.
Then the band played "Wheel in the Sky"/
Me and my band started getting high.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 11:58 am

I don't hate Journey but I do hate people who love Journey, fucking ironic white idiots! Stop co-opting another generation's top 40 hits and just listen to the Barenaked Ladies already you dive bar slumming PBR drinking losers.

Well put. I agree 100% except, I hate Journey. But I hate people who love Journey more.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 1:42 pm

I'm so removed from the hipster doofi these days I didn't even know it was subversively cool to like this shit. They can also stop it with the bohemian blue collar attire while.
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 3:13 pm

see also: Whitesnake

Listen to the earlier era of Whitesnake (77-82) and you won't have that problem. That stuff won't ever be ironic to like.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®