Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Crypt USA CLOSED???
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:33 am

Anybody know anything on this?
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 7:51 am

from the myspace post:

HEY! The USA arm of Crypt, the USA MAILORDER and the Brooklyn REKKID SHOP, are CLOSED! For good.

The HAMBURG store and mailorder and distro empire IS OPEN and ALWAYS KICKIN ASS.

It's been a valiant fword, errrr...oops.... EFFORT, but it is time for a change!

Thanks to all the folks that supported/patronized the USA arm!

We'll miss ya, but c'mon over to HAMBURG and dig the truly swingin' action!

Ciao! Auf wiedersehen! Adieu! Sayonara! and whatever tongue ye babbles in!

Tim
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 8:40 am

first his dog and now the shop...
these are cold hard times
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 8:45 am

RIP. Tim and Crypt rule.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 8:55 am

I thought he was bailing if Obama LOST!
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:01 am

Indeed sad! RIP!
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:36 am

cool & crazy (best/cheapest record store in nyc) has closed :(

isn't worth keeping a store open if you hardly have anyone buying anything
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:02 am

we can still order from the Hamburg store? Do we gotta pay in EURO? DIAH-RHEA?Sixteene? fuck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:06 am

i blame myself. i have owed Tim a grilled cheese sandwich for 2 years now...
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:19 am

I'm sure that you can order from the Hamburg store. Pay in Euros? Most likely.

Totally sucks that this happened & I have no idea why no one shopped there. Tim had the best records & the best selection hands down. I spent 90% of my record cash there when I lived in NYC.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:19 am | Edited by: Bazooka Joes Mom

i blame my Meshuggana son ,and his Illegal father! OI VEY what did you get your mother into this time Bazooka Joseph?
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:26 am

i just ordered 5 7" from Tim a couple of weeks ago put the order in on Friday ,and i got it on Wednesday.That was without a cart! FUCK'N DAMN IT!
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:27 am

The location sucked unless you lived in Brooklyn. I never even went there. Just did mailorder. Copped some great stuff though like Crime SF's Doomed and the last copy of Right Now by Pussy Galore on vinyl not to mention a bunch of BFTG's and Teenage Shutdowns. Norton is getting a bunch of stuff today so maybe check with them.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:35 am

Billy and Miriam RULE!
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 12:51 pm

I thought something was going last week when I noticed that all Crypt items on Amazon came with this tagline "This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer."
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 1:13 pm

Bless you, Irving Azlik, Jr., wherever you are.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 1:16 pm

I'm sorry to hear this. Ghost Record store!
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 1:48 pm

This sucks! Can Goner stock all these for us? I hadn't ordered from them in forever, mostly because the last I'd heard was the mailorder wasn't up while they were starting up this new record store... Holy shit, how long ago was that?
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 1:50 pm

this blows...

so does that mean tim is getting out of the production business too? he's the one that's mastered a ton of shit norton has put out lately, as well as the new desperate rock and rolls, etc...

and does that mean no more twistin rumbles, etc?
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 2:09 pm

so does that mean tim is getting out of the production business too? he's the one that's mastered a ton of shit norton has put out lately, as well as the new desperate rock and rolls, etc...

No one said anything about him getting out of the business entirely, he's just closing his store & mailorder in Brooklyn due to lack of sales.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 8:16 pm

LAME.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 8:32 pm

they gave me a harmonica when i was there. i hate leaving record stores wishing i had more money but they had so much stuff i wanted.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 9:16 pm

crummy.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 10:07 pm

And I was just about ready to call the dude and see if he was interested in the line of sunglasses I'm getting ready to roll out.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 11:00 pm | Edited by: Bazooka Joes Mom

And I was just about ready to call the dude ,and see if he was interested in the line of YAMIKAS I'm getting ready to roll out.
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 6:07 pm

The only time I went there, Time made up a really elaborate fake invoice so I wouldn't have to pay duty on the bus ride back into Canada.
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 11:43 pm

Can't believe the news I got tonight. Guess it all makes since to me now. How could i have not have seen it all this time. Guess the jokes on me.

Thanks "pal"..
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 11:46 pm

huh?
Posted: Dec 5, 2008 11:55 pm

tell ya later eric...
Posted: Dec 8, 2008 9:44 pm

FUCK!
I ain't even made it to Brooklyn since they opened the muthafuckin' thing! Now it's gone?
Americans suck ass for not bein' able to sustain a Crypt store any better than square-ass Germans apparently do. WTF?!!!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 1:40 am

square-ass Germans

squari-ass Europeans you mean?

Americans suck ass indeed for making Crypt Records closing its doors!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 3:12 am

Just found out whats been goin on all this time. Jokes on me huh?
Thought we were friends Tim. I can't belive she made up all that bullshit to dump me for you....but i guess i should've seen it, stupid me, i thought all those texts were about records....and the kicker is the friends i thought i had, knew all along and didn't have the heart to tell me...
unreal.
Germany is a good place for you.

You better pray we never cross paths again Tim......

How could you?
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 3:56 am

Micha
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 4:04 am

micha? no.
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 4:13 am

My hot sauce? YES!
Posted: Dec 9, 2008 12:20 pm

check please! OI VEY!
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 6:58 am

I would like to thank all parties involved for having my best interest in mind regardless of anything that happenned...

...and in a way..i need to thank all of you for saving my life. Cause had i actually realised what was up...had it registered AT THAT TIME, had i known AT THAT TIME, i would be in prison for murder. I would have killed both of them.
I would not have thought twice.

This buffer of time, whilst hasn't softened the blow, has definetly provided much needed distance in which my reaction is more like 'fuck it' and move on than what really would've happenned AT THAT TIME had i known.

I HAVE to think you all had my best interest in mind.

I would like to apologize if i have reacted harshly this week to some of you.

ALL OF YOU. THANK YOU.
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 8:56 am

take care dtrain. hope that tattoo is healing up...
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 10:30 am

just got my WILD ABOUT JENKEM rekkid last night. WHOA!
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 10:46 am

party down in oslo, mike!
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 12:38 pm

don't fuck with the dtrain.
Posted: Dec 12, 2008 2:00 pm

where's my jenkem recs???
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 10:42 pm

The timeline has been put together.

behold:

THE GOLD DIGGER.

i haven't laughed so hard in YEARS.

My life is better than it has been in years.

The truth always wins......
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 11:38 pm

p.s.

TIM RULES!
Posted: Dec 13, 2008 11:40 pm

THE DTRAIN IS BACK!

KICKIN GOLD DIGGIN BITCHES OUT THE SACK!!!

LOOKOUT!!!!!!!!!!!

HAWW!
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 8:06 am

Got an email from Tim this morning from an undisclosed location. Working out US distribution while he's on the lamb. Meanwhile if you're in NYC the new Kim's on 1st Ave. & 7th St. has select Crypt items in stock now (BFTG's, Teenage Shutdowns, Gories, JSBX, Oblivians etc...).
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 8:47 am

Working out US distribution

best news of the day!
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 9:02 am

you're a news.

send me pills!
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 9:31 am

you ever take darvocet?
Posted: Dec 18, 2008 9:46 am

hellifiknow.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®