Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / WALMART DEATH
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 12:37 pm | Edited by: ottawarockerdude

Worker dies at Long Island Wal-Mart after being trampled in Black Friday stampede

A Wal-Mart worker died after being trampled when hundreds of shoppers smashed through the doors of a Long Island store Friday morning, police and witnesses said.

The 34-year-old worker, employed as an overnight stock clerk, tried to hold back the unruly crowds just after the Valley Stream store opened at 5 a.m.

Witnesses said the surging throngs of shoppers knocked the man down. He fell and was stepped on. As he gasped for air, shoppers ran over and around him.

"He was bum-rushed by 200 people," said Jimmy Overby, 43, a co-worker. "They took the doors off the hinges. He was trampled and killed in front of me. They took me down too...I literally had to fight people off my back."

The unidentified victim was rushed to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 6:03 a.m., police said.

The cause of death wasn't immediately available pending results of an autopsy.

A 28-year-old pregnant woman was knocked to the floor during the mad rush. She was hospitalized for observation, police said. Early witness accounts that the woman suffered a miscarriage were unfounded, police said.

Three other shoppers suffered minor injuries, cops said.

Before police shut down the store, eager shoppers streamed past emergency crews as they worked furiously to save the store clerk's life.

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29. "People were still coming through."

Only a few stopped.

"They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/2008/11/28/2008-11-28_worker_dies_ at_long_island_walmart_after.html
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 12:47 pm

Merry fuckin Christmas.
They should all be charged with murder...and stupidity...and for what?
A Hannah Montana doll?
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 1:00 pm

I hope Wal-Mart has to dig into their coffers to pay for crowd control every Black Friday from now on!
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 1:02 pm

fucked.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 1:10 pm

this is just jacked the fuck up. people are fucking stupid sometimes and to think only a few of them stopped too. assholes. and fuck lowestcommondenominator-mart too.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 1:13 pm

Merry fuckin Christmas.
They should all be charged with murder...and stupidity...and for what?
A Hannah Montana doll?

yes, yes and yes.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 1:33 pm

would a massive population depletion really be a bad thing?
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 1:46 pm

They're savages," said shopper Kimberly Cribbs, 27. "It's sad. It's terrible."

Did you see the pictures? I didn't see a white white face in the crowd.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 2:26 pm

This is the exact reason I think it's stupid to get up at 5 am and stand in line for cheap plastic and/or wiring. People are idiots.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 2:27 pm

would a massive population depletion really be a bad thing?

jeffrey dahmer would have said that.

john lennon would never have said that.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 2:31 pm

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29.

Ironic name for this violent tale. WalMart doesn't even have that great of deals.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 4:31 pm

kimberly cribbs is a racist?
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 5:03 pm

"They were working on him, but you could see he was dead, said Halcyon Alexander, 29.

Ironic name for this violent tale.

i was gonna say....

i hope walmart has to dig deep in its coffers for being liable/culpable for this and pays this minimum wage worker's family a whole lot of damages.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 8:15 pm

i hope walmart has to dig deep

why should walmart pay (and i'm sure they are insured), for these bottom feeders need for cheap electronic goods?
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 8:34 pm

remember when they did this shit when Cabbage Patch Kids came out back in 82-83..grown fucking fat mothers trampled other fucking fat mothers. USA USA USA!!
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 8:45 pm | Edited by: michael baker

This is the exact reason I think it's stupid to get up at 5 am and stand in line for cheap plastic and/or wiring

it's hardly the exact reason: it wasn't stupid before this murder?
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 8:48 pm | Edited by: michael baker

Posted: Nov 28, 2008 10:49 pm

This is the exact reason I think it's stupid to get up at 5 am and stand in line for cheap plastic and/or wiring

it's hardly the exact reason: it wasn't stupid before this murder?

It's the exact reason. 1 door divided by 500 people x 5 am = STUPID even if no one ends up squished. Besides 5 am is an ungodly hour to be awake.
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 1:12 am

Besides 5 am is an ungodly hour to be awake.
No fucking shit!!!!!
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 2:10 am

Besides 5 am is an ungodly hour to be awake.
No fucking shit!!!!!

bullshit! can't remember the last time i've gone to sleep before 5 am...
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 11:48 am

5 am is an ungodly hour to be awake.

welcome to my world.
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 5:55 pm

what do you expect from a bunch of black savages???
Posted: Nov 29, 2008 9:35 pm

Posted: Nov 30, 2008 1:01 am

why should walmart pay

because in the chain of events that lead to the guy's death, they held the sale, advertised it, got people riled up to arrive early, etc.

they had no crowd control, no security
and it was on their property

are the "savages" who bum rushed the door liable? mostly definitely yes in my opinion
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 9:58 am

what do you expect from a bunch of black savages???

on BLACK FRIDAY no less
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 12:18 pm

$8 Wranglers.... whoahhh!
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 4:59 pm

walmart should definitely pay for it. it's fucking black friday. they should know by now after the melee that seems to happen every single fucking year that they need security and crowd control. they probably just didn't want to pay anyone extra to actually work because that's how they are. i hate walmart so much. words cannot describe...
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 5:44 pm

But did anybody get any DEALS??!!
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 6:26 pm

they probably just didn't want to pay anyone extra to actually work because that's how they are.

Actually, the man that died was a seasonal employee.
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 7:32 pm

The seasonal employee was there to sell shit. Extra security guards would be a cost that does not add value.
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 9:05 pm

This is exactly why I shop at Sam's Club. The $30 membership fee ensures a savage free shopping experience. And even if some savages manage to get in, they are usually kept docile by a plentiful offering of nasty free sample food items.
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 9:47 pm

5 am is an ungodly hour to be awake.

welcome to my world.

At least you're not the only one at work with death breath at 5 am.
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 12:32 am

I'm glad I'm too good to shop at fucking Wal-Mart. I mean c'mon. Fucking Wal-Mart?
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 3:25 am

only action i saw was a 5 year old throwing a shit fit cause mom wouldn't buy Hell Boy for the x box
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 12:05 pm

300 new Wal-Marts opened across Canada over the last weekend! I have not been to a Wal-Mart in several years. Besides not liking the corporation, I can't stand the people who shop there. This story kind of sealed my opinion of the typical Wal-Mart shopper.
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 12:12 pm

Actually, the man that died was a seasonal employee.

i'm surprised that they didn't just talk an 80 year old man into working extra hours for free like they were doing a few years back. at least they had some sense to get some extra people in there, even though they weren't security guards, which really is who they should have had manning the doors.

the photographs are interesting...what the FUCK is a BLITZ line? isn't that just ASKING for trouble right there? it just seems that they were LOOKING for trouble with that.
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 1:43 pm

Guy who died was a temp worker, Jamaican immigrant.

I will pray that almighty Lord takes revenge on Wal-Mart management scum for this murder
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 2:08 pm

Guy who died was a temp worker, Jamaican immigrant

Does he have a green card? I know Wal-Mart will pay illegals cash like they were busted for doing a few years back. Wal-Mart tried saying that they weren't culpable since the employees were hired through a sub-contractor or some bullshit lie like that.

Wal-Mart should be prohibited from displaying any American flags since they are a total disgrace to this great nation of ours and demonstrate none of the values that make this country so great.
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 4:41 pm | Edited by: memoryman

Wal-Mart should be prohibited from displaying any American flags since
the flags were made in China.
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 4:56 pm

demonstrate none of the values that make this country so great.

Hiring illegal immigrants IS a great value! What are you talking about?
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 10:51 pm

More Black Friday fun
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:22 pm | Edited by: Uptight White

A Hannah Montana doll?

It was Raven-Symone' dolls they were after.

All that craziness for a bunch of Chinese crap.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:26 pm

This just happened yesterday, but I hope it doesn't give people any ideas for next Black Friday.
Old dude plows into sporting goods store in his SUV

And before you ask, Peter L. Day is not my grandad.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:46 pm

I will pray that almighty Lord takes revenge on Wal-Mart management scum for this murder

Don't hold your breath, I think God's got a crush on the Waltons....
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 3:50 pm

Don't hold your breath, I think God's got a crush on the Waltons....

only erin
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 5:23 pm

God's got a crush on the Waltons

the Wal-Mart Waltons are different than The Waltons, the TV show, you idiots

John-Boy: CALM DOWN NOW! JUST HOLD IT!
Olivia: You watch your temper! You're the oldest, you make them mind!
John-Boy: Well I am tired of being the oldest! I feel like an old mother duck!
Olivia: Can't do a thing about that now. You're stuck with it.
John-Boy: [Quietly, to the kids] All right next - the next one of you that moves is gonna get a spanking!
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®