Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Led Zepplin has to be the worst fucking band ever!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 11:51 am

"talk'n bout luh-ooh-uvv.." I'm about to kill my tent-mate in 3 fucking seconds.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Songs about Tolkien really speak to me, man! Blah.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:12 pm

Less complaining. More Freedom defending. Why aren't you out looking for Osama Bin Laden instead of sitting around listening to music? Sheesh!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:13 pm

tent-mate

They force you to listen to LZ at Guantanamo?

That IS torture!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:15 pm

oh don't get your panties all wadded up. they aren't that bad. could be worse, it could be nickleback!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Why aren't you out looking for Osama Bin Laden

i tihnk yahoo news said this morning that he's probably already dead. and there you have it.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:27 pm

he's probably already dead

how do you "kill" a composite image?
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:40 pm

Why aren't you out looking for Osama Bin Laden

I have 70-ish days left. I'm laying low long as I can. It's fuggin cold. Will probably go out on one or two missions before it's over with. Doesn't look like Obama is gonna bring me home early.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 12:50 pm

what's the 1st thing you're gonna eat when you get home? besides your old lady i mean.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 1:03 pm

gonna eat

something alcoholic.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 1:04 pm

they aren't that bad.

this stuff wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the singing.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 1:32 pm

squeeeze mah lemons baby
'till the joooooce runs dahwn ma legggggg
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 1:44 pm

this stuff wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the singing.

Thank you!
I bet if I found a dying buzzard screaming in it's death throes, I'd be able to piece together a convincing Living Loving Maid out of it's squaking moans.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 2:02 pm

Dude bra,, no friggin way Zed Leppelin is THEE best.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 3:20 pm

Led Zeppelin, internet connections in the tents-what kind of a country club is the Army running these days?
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 3:24 pm

could be worse, it could be nickleback!

It could be MUCH worse. Think about it!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:00 pm

the only thing worse than Led Zeppelin is Led Zeppelin fans
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:54 pm | Edited by: Mickey

No Aerosmith is way worse

Fuck Steven Tyler
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:25 pm

Poco is the worst.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:25 pm

ENIGMA!! The Sadness!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:56 pm

70 days...of Led Zeppelin!
Go Billy!
It ain't that bad...though in your situation in might be intolerable.

I don't think Obama is Pres for another sixty days or so...hardly think he could get you home the day he gets in office. Though, I'd be all for that.

I heard "Hey Lady" on the car radio today, and lusted after that guy who sang it to me many years ago. He was such a rock star. And, so up to the minute.

Hope all's well with you.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:44 pm

You're the worst band ever!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:46 pm

Fuck Steven Tyler

I second that. They have their moments (like about 30-35 years ago), but all else is intolerably shrill.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 9:08 am

My first concert was Aerosmith with Rick Derringer opening at Madison Square Garden after Rocks came out. Aerosmith were so wasted they could barely stand up. There's footage of the show somewhere. It's hilarious. But they kicked ass. The first four albums are great. Seen em at The Meadowlands for their comeback tour in the late 80's or whenever and they still kicked ass. That comeback album was great. My Fist Your Face. Wish I wrote that.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 1:32 pm

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 1:38 pm

HIGH FIVE!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 1:57 pm

Ha! Except I'm the most Pro-American person on this board. Always have been. My family came over on The Mayflower. M y two grandfathers fought in WW2. I signed up for the draft when I graduated from High School in 1980. You had to or you couldn't get financial aid for college. Still have my Selective Service notice. But do you think you guys could find some time to fight some Evil-Doers once in a while? Maybe you should make a cartoon of yourself sitting in your tent playing on the computer and listening to Jay Reatard while Al Queda runs roughshod all around you. America rules!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:03 pm

Al-Queda #2 called Obama a "house negro" today
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:06 pm

The Mayflower

Slave owners?
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:11 pm

Maybe you should make a cartoon of yourself sitting in your tent playing on the computer

it's on the right.

HIGH FIVE!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:14 pm

Slave owners?

No, we left that to you Southerners. My family actually worked in the Underground Railroad (When I was a kid my grandfather showed me the tunnels under the church that they used to smuggle and hide the freed slaves in. ). I come from a long line of Freedom lovers.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:17 pm | Edited by: Jack Stands

Don't get touchy, little fella. I was just asking.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:25 pm

Not only do I gotta pay for BVal's free holiday vacation in the Middle East with my hard earned taxes but now I'm paying for Robin's unemployment checks too. Where does it end? Do I have to go over there myself and beat Al Queada for you? I was on the front lines on and after 9/11 of course so I already have some experience defeating the enemy. On second thought I'm probably more useful here defending the home land. America rules!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:26 pm

At least they're fun, in a "get up and shake yo' ass" kind of way.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:27 pm

I'm paying for Robin's unemployment checks too.

When did you move to TN?
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:34 pm

But do you think you guys could find some time to fight some Evil-Doers once in a while?

Ha ha... hey bro, I wouldn't be mess'n with ya if I didn't like ya.
Haji is layin low in Pakistan right now. It's negative balls-cold here right now. This is a seasonal war. Them folks can't run around in man-jams & flip-flops during the winter months. I've seen my fair share of combat, been shot at on more than 3 or 4 occasions. I've gotten my combat action badge a few times over. Seen a dude shot in the head 20ft from me. I've been to more fallen soldier ceremonies than I care to remember. I'll probably have one or two more missions before it's over. But I only have a couple more months of this dick dance... it ain't gonna break my heart if I miss out on stomp'n up and down a few mountain sides for a while... just lay'n low & stay'n warm.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:36 pm

Thanks for the family history though.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:37 pm

I signed up for the draft when I graduated from High School in 1980.

You signed up for Selective Service...not the draft...
If there was a draft today, this war would be over in a heartbeat...

Just sayin'
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:45 pm

Al Queda is nothing compared to these Soccer Moms I gotta deal with at pick up. And the old ladies at Stop and Shop. Be thankful you're not in my shoes! Stay safe and thanks for defending my Freedom.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 3:46 pm

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 3:52 pm

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ LED ZEPPELIN „ø¤º°¨copy and paste if
¸„ø¤º°¨ROCKS FOREVER!``°º¤ø„¸your a led zep fan
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 7:11 pm

and then shoot yourself in the face with a flamethrower
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 10:58 pm

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ GG Allin „ø¤º°¨copy and paste if
¸„ø¤º°¨ROCKS FOREVER!``°º¤ø„¸you are a total piece of shit
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 1:16 am

Led Zeppelin, in spite of the obviously bad, annoying squaking of Robert Plant, continues to beat the odds, by any standard intelligent or cool in any way, by influencing countless people whom other people think, mistakenly, are, somehow, cool. No stupid motherfuckers or motherfuckerettes out there ever seem to find out about real rock n' roll for some reason, so they get hung up on the fake, decadent, white version and can't get past it. That insignificant band, The White Stripes, are a good example. That guy might have had the talent to be a real rock n' roller and become famous legitimately if he hadn't shown his ignorance and simple mindedness by imitating L.Z. and furthering the ruin of the already confused, current young generation. Blah!
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 3:23 am

by imitating L.Z.

I always thought he was imitating Flat Duo Jets...
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 6:38 am

I was on the front lines on and after 9/11 of course so I already have some experience defeating the enemy. On second thought I'm probably more useful here defending the home land.

Great job on 9/11 protecting us. By the front line, you mean you had a friend of a friend's cousin who was near Canal Street later that afternoon?
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 6:43 am

My family came over on The Mayflower.

Have a name there big guy? There were only a 100 or so. Easy to steal an identity 400 years later. I don't use calculators often but 100 people having children 400 years ago would now be in the millions of descendants.

My great-uncle met De Gaulle's back-up chauffeur in a cafe once. My family is blessed, as is yours.

Parler à bâtons rompus.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 7:33 am

Awe man... ya'lls just start'n touble now.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:27 am

Robert Plant = Copping Steve Marriott HARD

But shit.. he should have paid attention to the fact that SM DIDN'T SING LIKE THAT ALL THE TIME!
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:27 am

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:32 am

Does anyone remember laughter?
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:41 am

Fuck Steven Tyler

File Under: Unlistenable
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 2:00 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6wKnqMz5dc
www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYhDPgRvSaU

not good at all.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 11:13 pm

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸666 „ø¤º°¨„ø¤º° °º¤ø„¸¨°„ø¤º°¨°º¤ø„¸¨°„ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨ º¤ø„¸FUCK YOU
¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¨°º¤ø „ø¤º°¨„ø¤º°¨666
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 3:48 pm | Edited by: BigKegShandy

Robert Plant = Copping Steve Marriott HARD

Damn straight... as Golightly will no doubt attest, The Small Faces' versh of W Dixon's You Need Love is, indeed, like planets colliding. On the other, Mr Percy's wailings are like a very large cream bun which turns out to have no taste whatsoever, save a vague chemical linger on the roof of the mouth. Followed, of course, by just a touch of flatulence.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 2:37 pm

We can thank Led Zeppelin for Whitesnake. Biggest Zep rip off ever. David Coverdale wanted to be Robert Plant so bad you almost felt sorry for him, until he opened his mouth.

I understand Coverdale's ex wife is some junkie on some rehab show.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 1:43 pm

I saw Marriott and Thin Lizzy at Cobo Hall once.

You could barely see the guy on stage --- what was he, 4 foot 10?
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:50 pm

Wait Bvalentine is now a soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan!? When did this happen? Seems like something totally new each month with this guy (was a time I thought he was a girl...sorry dude!). I thought you were a social worker!?
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 12:46 am

dude he's almost done with afghanistan! you are so far behind.

p.s. I like zeppelin. it doesn't get much better than john paul jones and john bonham.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 1:38 am

they suck.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 1:41 am

it doesn't get much better than john paul jones and john bonham.

It does: Ronnie Lane and Kenney Jones
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 1:55 am

something totally new each month with this guy

I can't keep up myself at times.

When did this happen?

16 years ago

I thought he was a girl

Chick... with a dick.

thought you were a social worker

Quite the opposite.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 9:43 am | Edited by: Highway Star

i certainly find myself listening to the small faces and faces more than i seek out zeppelin but that doesn't sway me from bonham and jones. but you did pick out a very convincing pair to counter with. mabe i'm wrong. can't tell.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 9:56 am

Gets even better than that-Keith Moon and John Entwhistle!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 10:16 am

White Stripes always reminded me more of T Rex. Just because you sing falsetto doesn't mean you sound like Robert Plant. But, it gets a lot worse than Led Zep. You got my sympathy for any repeated listenings of Physical Grafitti though. Four Sticks and Misty Mountain Hop are faves for me.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 10:16 am

True, but Ronnie Lane actually WROTE a good portion of the songs... which isn't the case with Bohnam/Jones or Moon/Entwhistle.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 10:30 am

Don't kid yourself. Page and Townsend did not tell those guys what to play.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 10:33 am

Nobody could beat The Who at their peak. Kenny Jones is just a regular drummer. Ronnie Lane wrote a few great songs no doubt. There's a great Small Faces article in an old Trouser Press from during Punk if you ever find it. Rod Stewart's son seems like a real dweeb on Celebrity Rehab. He didn't even know who Buddy Holly was!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 11:33 am

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸Keith MOON
is overrated „ø¤º°¨
¸„ø¤º°¨FOREVER!``°º¤ø„¸
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 12:30 pm

Keith Moon was the greatest Rock N Roll drummer who ever lived. I would argue that he was also one of the 10 most important people in Rock history. Rock N Roll was never the same after he died. Keith Moon forever!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 12:34 pm

Keith Moon was the greatest Rock N Roll drummer who ever lived.

amen!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 12:42 pm

greatest Rock N Roll drummer who ever lived

Gentlemen,

I submit
for your edification -----

ROCK ACTION!!!!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 12:49 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

Led Zeppelin was of course based on The Who down to the blonde long haired lead singer. But Roger Daltrey kicks Plant's ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I would argue that Daltrey was the best English Rock N Roll singer. Plus Pete Townsend is a way better and more incindiery guitar player than Page and wrote better songs.

Rock Action isn't anywhere near the same league as Keith Moon. Although the drummer from The U Turns deserves serious consideration.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Keith Moon might the greatest personality in rock, or greatest rocker that ever lived... but greatest rock drummer of all time? hell fucking no. The Who was THE ONLY band he could have played in, he had sympathetic players in the Ox and Pete...Moon would have sounded like utter shit in any other band. The only Greatest of all time in The Who was the Ox...

Mitch Mitchell kicked the shit outta every rock drummer...Moon, Bonham, all of them...
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 1:33 pm

Yeah, right. I'm sure Mitch Mitchell wasn't influenced by Keith Moon at all...
And where is all the scientific proof that Mitch could have played with any band and been great? Keith (and Elvin Jones) influenced every non 4/4 rock drummer including Paul Whaley of Blue Cheer and Mitch Mitchell.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 1:47 pm

Paul Whaley of Blue Cheer

this dude is a cripple on the drums, why even mention him? I watched my best friend kick the shit outta him on the drums a year or two ago...Mr. Whaley's jaw dropped when he saw Rockbert Gringo play...

it is totally possible to be influenced by someone and be better than them...Link Wray influenced a buncha guitar players that were light years better than him.

Mitch Mitchell sounds great on those Joe Meek recordings, the Georgie Fame stuff, the Riot Act stuff and he is also the drummer (under a different name) on the Randy Kalifornia solo LP (Kapt Copter). Mitch could play with anybody, another sign he was a better drummer.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 2:42 pm | Edited by: rich riggler

I met Randy California once. He was a million years old. But I digress. Paul Whaley was a great drummer (you ever heard Vincibus Eruptum or Inside/Outside?). One of my all time favorites. Much better than your little friend nobody ever heard of. And Keith Moon was the greatest drummer who ever lived (along with Elvin Jones). Keith Moon rules!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 3:05 pm

I met Randy California once. He was a million years old. But I digress. Paul Whaley was a great drummer (you ever heard Vincibus Eruptum or Inside/Outside?). One of my all time favorites. Much better than your little friend nobody ever heard of. And Keith Moon was the greatest drummer who ever lived (along with Elvin Jones). Keith Moon rules!

I have all the Blue cheer stuff up to "Oh Pleasant Hope"...hes good, but basically a pale imitation of Mitch...and no, he is not better than "my little friend". Im telling you Paul himself was in awe of Rockbert...Mr. Whaley tried himself to mimic some of Rockberts rolls and fills and couldnt do it...

Ill give it up for Elvin though (I would give anyting to see the footage of Ginger baker getting his ass handed to him when he challenged Mr. Jones in that drum challenge at the royal albert hall)
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 3:11 pm

Paul himself was in awe of Rockbert

I saw this first hand, but I'm absolutely sure rich has no clue who Rockbert is.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 3:14 pm

Paul himself was in awe of Rockbert

I saw this first hand, but I'm absolutely sure rich has no clue who Rockbert is.

yeah I know...he is one of Memphis' best kept musical secrets. Its a shame, he should be famous. I know it sounds like hyperbole and I am biased obviously, but dude is world class.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 4:00 pm

Don't kid yourself. Page and Townsend did not tell those guys what to play.

No, obviously not. But they didn't write the songs.

Sure, it's not an easy thing to create something unique and fitting within someone else's idea... that's what makes an amazing player.

However, I very much doubt that any of these dudes could create songs on par (or better) by themselves.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 4:02 pm

Nobody could beat The Who at their peak.

As much as dig early Who stuff.. I can't remember the last time I've thrown on a Who record. Small Faces on the other hand...
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 8:55 pm

heres bad company with out paul Rogers...

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 8:59 pm

Heres black sabbath with out Ozzy , or Dio , or Ian Gillan, or even Glen Huges...

Posted: Nov 25, 2008 9:03 pm

heres the Royal pendletons with out Tommy , Louie or even Matty...

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 2:41 am

Led Zeppelin was of course based on The Who down to the blonde long haired lead singer. But Roger Daltrey kicks Plant's ass any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I would argue that Daltrey was the best English Rock N Roll singer. Plus Pete Townsend is a way better and more incindiery guitar player than Page and wrote better songs.

Bwaaaaaahahaha!
Grampa Riggler is getting funnier every day - I wonder what he's on.
I think he jumped from crack to X.

FUCK THE WHO!
YOU FAGGOTS!
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 11:36 am

As much as dig early Who stuff.. I can't remember the last time I've thrown on a Who record. Small Faces on the other hand...

OK, so you "can't explain"....
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 5:58 pm

i can't believe The Cockhomos haven't stepped up to defend The Who. I'm out here all alone on the front lines defending Rock N Roll's greatest band. Seen Isle of Wight the other night. Totally amazing. The Ox in his leather skeleton suit. No band could ever be as great as them then.Or Live at Leeds. Keith Moon really was the best.
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 6:13 pm | Edited by: michael baker

defending Rock N Roll's greatest band.

this coming from someone who thinks the dics invented punk rock and that face to face is horrible. oh well.

but...drum roll!

Soloists James brown, Dylan, neil are in here somewhere

Stones
Kinks
Stooges
beatles
Byrds
Velvets
Ramones
yardbirds
Small faces/faces
fairport
sly
The who

and i love the who and i love mitch mitchell and i love elvin jones (blue train is my fave lp of all time) but philly joe jones is the greatest drummer i ever heard.

and max roach is second.

and keith moon could play in many many bands.

and ronnie lane's music and his end break my heart...
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 6:15 pm

mitch mitchell sucked in dirty mac. totally blew the change in the song they did on the rolling stones rock n roll circus film.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 1:17 pm

1. Elvis
2. Crime
3. DNA

I win again.
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 5:13 pm | Edited by: Mark Beef

you're all a bunch of gay retarded faggots

the 1960's are over, shitfaces
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 11:26 pm

This
is
the
worst
Posted: Nov 28, 2008 11:27 pm

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ I LOVE „ø¤º°¨copy and paste if
¸„ø¤º°¨Homo Sex!``°º¤ø„¸you love cram sessions
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 8:12 pm

Plant sucks but they had "chops," whatever those were. "Immigrant Song" is a welcome classic rock radio tune.
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 8:34 pm

the 1960's are over, shitfaces
good point

this stuff is hot

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Singles&f=Th e+Billboard+Hot+100
Posted: Nov 30, 2008 10:37 pm

better than listening to you prattle on
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 12:28 am

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ I LOVE „ø¤º°
¸„ø¤º°¨pea coats & scarves & most importantly Mark Beef``
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 12:48 am

Rockbert is indeed an amazing drummer. One of the best I've ever seen as well.
Lots of good times with that dude!
Posted: Dec 1, 2008 2:06 am | Edited by: Mark Beef

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨
¨°º¤ø„¸ I LOVE „ø¤º°
¸„ø¤º°¨pea coats & scarves & most importantly Mark Beef``

duh, Captain Obvious
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®