Goner Message Board
 | Forums | Register | Reply | Search | Statistics | Manual |
Goner Message Board / ???? / Brian Turd R.I.P.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 11:24 am

I hope the piece of shit who did this finds a noose around his neck a.s.a.p. The best white-nigger we had. We'll miss you turd!
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 11:39 am

HOLY SHIT!!!!! Woah... speechless. RIP Crazy mo-fo.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 11:42 am

Brian and I just hung out a few nights ago...
I heard they found Ladybird lying on top of his body.
Anybody know if somebody's gonna get her or where to get her?
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 11:49 am

contact adele h. about the dog.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:00 pm

FUCKING TRAGIC.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:05 pm

who is he and what happened to him?

great pics, gary.

sorry about your friend, dudes.

r.i.p.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:25 pm

This is shocking and very very sad.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:42 pm

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 12:59 pm

disgusting.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 1:08 pm

So sorry to hear about your friend. I hope they catch whoever shot him and that you all find a good home for his doggie.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 2:09 pm

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 2:13 pm

horrible
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 2:14 pm

My heart goes out to dem nasty habits and the rest of my N.O. people. So sorry...
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 2:22 pm

RIP Turd.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 2:23 pm

Brian was an intense, often frightening guy to have around. Good dude none the less. Heart of gold, but sure to snag the last 3 beers from yer fridge, quick to ask a ride to the show, a spot on the cover, a couple beers on your tab, and half a pack of smokes all in the same night. I loved seeing him around, so long as it wasn't my house when I had to work the next day. Brian lived a life too few in their 30's worrying about future and responsibilities have the courage to. But he always seemed so much happier than me and my friends with career jobs, checking accounts, bills, and, um, food.

The first memory I have of Brian (199-something) was The Minions pulling up to a show via broke down vehicle on top of a tow truck. The tow truck lowered their vehicle (them still inside, which I'm not even sure was legal), they got out like it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Then proceeded to blaze through a set on the stage of this bizarre, short-lived strip club on hwy 49 South of Hattiesburg Ms.

Last time I remember hanging out with him (over a year or so ago) was a 3am drunken after party jam session in my old basement. Brian was all excited about playing together, and I felt really bad knowing I wouldn't commit to it in the morning. One of the last things I remember him saying was "huh huh, hey Billy, you know I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend". Stuff like that was funny coming from him.

I can't see Brian starting anything while out walking his dog. But I also can't see Brian backing down from anything. I can only hope that somewhere the piece of shit who ended Brian's life is dead in an alley, or in some hospital missing a few teeth awaiting a life of being ass-raped in Angola.

Although I probably still wouldn't allow Brian to live on my couch... I will miss running in to him every now and then, and I'm horribly shocked, pissed, and disgusted to learn the dude went out like that.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 2:58 pm

so sorry for your loss folks...
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:09 pm

man, i'm so sorry to all of you for the loss of your friend. i didn't know him, but i'm familiar with his band. i hope that the killer is brought to justice...

an old friend's girlfriend was just murdered in new orleans last month, too. for what? her bike and a cell phone. what the fuck is wrong with that town?!
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:13 pm

what the fuck is wrong with that town?!

oh, you havne't heard?
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:20 pm

oh, you havne't heard?

yeah, i heard. still it's a real shit pill to have to swallow...
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:30 pm

who's got a copy of that minions / comas video?
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:34 pm

I can't see Brian starting anything while out walking his dog.

dude was what 6'4"??!?
and he has a pit-bull!
what nig in his right mind is gonna fuck with that??
It had to be some dumb piece of shit gang initiation drive-by.
that's the only way this seems likely.
Brian would have put up a fight and there woulda been two dead people if not.

this city sucks in that way, ya know, there probably won't be any justice
to this murder...just like thousands of other cases that go
unsolved in new orleans.

and to make it worse...there was another killing on that same corner not long ago. People complained that there were no city cameras there and they never got it fixed.

so, to me, it seems like an easy spot for a gang initiation. they know the cameras aint gonna get 'em. and its highly unlikely that anybody is gonna be a witness in that neighborhood for some white boy that likes to say "nigger" alot.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:38 pm

who's got a copy of that minions / comas video?

brian had a copy.

you talking about SleazeFest?

he was living in some warehouse type place with no power over there in that area where he got murdered. I bet there's a copy in his shit.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:56 pm

Brian was an incredible guy and a great friend. He was always sincere in his intent and the way he lived his life... no "concept",no affectation,just 200% real 24/7. He lived the life you'd read about in books because he just did,and he was never afraid to go to places where a lot of us would fear to tread.

I'd like to think that he went down fighting,always defiant to the end. His presence can never be replaced,and his creative genius can never be duplicated.

RIP,old friend. Brian Turd FOREVER.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 4:59 pm

He was a sweetheart....hadn't seen him for a while, but we talked for a half hour on Halloween...sucks
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 5:43 pm | Edited by: Womb Raider

Man, this is so shitty. First thing I thought was he probably mouthed off to the wrong guy or something, but it doesn't matter. You can't justify this shit. Nobody deserves to get shot and left for dead in the street. Brian was genuinely a nice guy with absolutely no shred of pretense in his body. It's weird and sad to realize I'll never see him again.

This city is fucked. How much more of this shit can we take?
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 6:26 pm

i know why all of you returned, but i kinda wish you hadn't.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 8:09 pm

wow.

terrible.

shit.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 8:18 pm | Edited by: SAMBEAUX

God. Brian would do some dumb ass shit -but this just sucks.

I can't see Brian starting anything while out walking his dog.

I could.

Black cop to Brian: "who hit you in the head with that brick, son?"
Brian "A nigger, who do you think?"
I'm paraphrasing but still... He just didn't give a fuck.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 8:35 pm

Posted: Nov 17, 2008 8:36 pm

i didn't know brian but jeez what a horrible thing to happen to anyone
and i am so sorry to hear that a friend of my friends had his life end in such a senseless way
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 8:38 pm

The first memory I have of Brian (199-something) was The Minions pulling up to a show via broke down vehicle on top of a tow truck. The tow truck lowered their vehicle (them still inside, which I'm not even sure was legal), they got out like it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Then proceeded to blaze through a set on the stage of this bizarre, short-lived strip club on hwy 49 South of Hattiesburg Ms.
that was my car.brian lived on my couch for a couple monthes about a year ago.he was one of my oldest friends.i'm gonna miss him forever.
Posted: Nov 17, 2008 8:51 pm

i remember one year brian came over to my parents house for thanksgiving,and we were outside smoking and i couldnt find my lighter.
iwas all "give me my fuckin' lighter brian!" and he was all "i dont have your fuckin lighter deke" and i was all "my lighter is green like your teeth!"
and he was all
'my lighters red like yours are fixin to be"
and we started wrestling in the front yard in front of my family on thanksgiving.
then my lighter fell out of my pocket and i was like nevermind found it.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:11 am

i can't even begin to touch on the fucked up situations that i have been in with brian....i'm gonna miss him soooooooooo much.
oh well here's one.

we riding down the street, me driving him in the back, while i'm frying on acid he decides to start fucking with me. well i said something he didn't like and he start punching the shit out of me...like really hard in the face. i started freaking out and pulled the car over and demanded he get out of the car. well he jumped out (i guess not thinking i would actually leave him) and ass soon as his feet hit the ground i gassed it...RUNNING OVER HIS FOOT! shit was so fucking funny. there's more to it but i gotta go to work.

keep flipping off your flip-flops man
i love you
chad
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:27 am

MAKE SURE THERE AREN’T ANY SQUARES AT MY FUNERAL
the straight and narrow road only goes to nowhere
and i’m already there so why should i even care?
just as long as there aren’t any squares at my funeral,
it’s ok i’m to blame, i have made my deathbed
and now i’ll lie in it and finally get a little rest,
just make sure that there aren’t any squares at my funeral,
dying’ don’t scare me, just promise me
that there won’t be any squares at my funeral
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:36 am

God... I wish I had a Les Turdz / Minions / Nasty Habits best of mix to listen to right now. Someone (uh ump, cough, cough goner) should release a master collection in his honor.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:43 am

Here's a link to the local ABC station down here.

http://www.abc26.com/pages/main

About half-way down you can watch a piece about Brian.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 8:22 am

Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:03 am

Here's a link to the local ABC station down here.

http://www.abc26.com/pages/main

About half-way down you can watch a piece about Brian.

Hopefully Brian is somewhere better laughing his ass off right now while watching that weenie in a suit say "Turd" over and over again....
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:21 am

The kind people at Antigravity Magazine are going to do a piece on Brian. If any of y'all want to write something about Brian for publication, please email it to me at andrew@bizerlaw.com or call me at 504-619-9999. You can write whatever you want. I'm not sure what their deadline is this month, but its usually around the 22-25th of the month.

Unfriendly1, contact me please. We'd love to use your photos.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:23 am

how could they not know that TURD is
not a real last name.
and it was on the other two stations as well!
fucking idiot local newscasters.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:40 am | Edited by: DLeftyParker

FUCK! ...and fuck whoever it was defending this place for being not so bad crime wise on that other thread.

Turd did not deserve this!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 10:26 am

Posted: Nov 18, 2008 11:05 am

this fucking sucks.

r.i.p. turd. crazy bastard.

say hi to g.g. for me.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 11:10 am

On Halloween when Brian was living here in Jackson with My Crushing, he dressed up like GG Allin and and threw chocolate pudding at everyone. I was wearing a suit as part of my costume and had to spend $20 to get it dry cleaned. Asshole.

When he was living in that little room in Mike's garage and we practiced there, someone once remarked that his room smelled like a rhinoceros pen. It did.

Can't exactly say I loved the guy but things were always guaranteed to be interesting when he was around.

I'd love to see that SleazeFest video if anyone can get their hands on it. Good times.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 11:15 am

I noticed that the CrimeStopper reward was only $2,500.00. I wonder if you could get enough people to pledge and bump it up considerably? I don't know if it would make a difference... but surely somebody knows something... and every crack-head has their price.

Regardless, I hope someone is posting a shit-ton of flyers in the area about the $2,500.00. Somebody fucking knows something.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 1:17 pm

my heart is shattered!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 1:18 pm

Keep On TUCKIN, Brian!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 2:22 pm

Brian will be missed by many. He was a funny, crude, fart sniffing, genuine, kind of guy. I spent many of nights fuckin' shit up with him. His trademark laugh has been stuck in my head the last two days.... It's still so hard to believe he's gone.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 3:04 pm

I miss Brian so much. I've delt with death my whole life....Father, grandparents, friends. And usually I can shut it off..... But I've never had a friend fucking murdered!!!! Horrible. We miss you ya big HOMO! -Dustin Crops
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 3:23 pm

RIP Brian...I met Mr. Turd (ha ha, stupid reporters) through my husband Rhino, and at that first meeting Brian brought us some party favors and we got REALLY shitty with him and the crew from FWB. The last time I saw him in Pascagoula, he asked me to show my titties, I told him I would if Rhino was ok with it, and like 10 minutes later he said "well Rhino said no, but I won't tell if you won't!" I didn't show him the girls...wish I would have now! He was always such a great guy, and you just didn't know what was going to happen when he showed up. I'll miss you man!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 3:30 pm

i hope whoever did this comes to understand that they have caused a great deal of pain. i've known Brian for a long fucking time. 15 or some years now or some shit. the last time i saw Brian i gave him a hug and a kiss , hell i may have given him a cigarette, then we guzzled some beer together, the only time he was an asshole to me was the very first time i met him, and that was just because he picked up on my half retarded sensitivities ...I sure as hell wasn't as punk as he was in those day...haha...after that, his silly ass antics when he came around were always part of what i consider truly good times. Brian was one of the ones of whom I knew was a real friend...
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 3:58 pm

There is going to be a candlelight vigil for Brian this Saturday starting at 730 pm on the corner of 6th and Chippewa. This is the corner where he got shot. Bring lots of candles and anything else you can think of sign, flowers, etc. We are trying to get the message across to whatever (i cant even think of a word bad enough to put here) killed him that people do care about Brian and were going to make a big deal out of it. Hes not some random guy nobody gives a shit about. We will demand attention for his death from the neighborhood, from the police and from the media. Who did this to him probably lives RIGHT THERE!.

We want them to see us and be nervous and we want their friends to see us and be nervous and turn these murderers in to the police so they can FRY

PASS IT ON

forward, flyer, bulletin, whatever,

We all miss you turdface

EVERYBODY NEEDS TO COME OUT FOR THIS SO WE CAN MAKE THOSE FUCKERS SQUIRM AND GET RATTED OUT
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:22 pm

this world is better off with people like brian in it..rest in peace brian, we're really going to miss you.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 4:23 pm

i forgot to say "you fucker"!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 5:37 pm

For those of us that grew up with Brian, we knew an incredible guy. Brian could piss you off one minute and make you laugh your ass off the next. His laugh was more contagious than any "poontang diseases" as Brian called them. I remember yelling "fuck shit up" and "I say God damn" at soooooo many shows with Brian, and it always brought a smile to his face. I remember him saying I was a crazy motherfucker, which scared me to think he thought I was crazy!!

Above being the baddest fucking punk rock motherfucker I have ever known........... He had the biggest heart for his friends and family that could not be measured. I always, somehow felt safe when Brian, and all the Turds were around me, Brian,Dwain, Deano, and Jason, just plain fucking good people and friends. I am glad to have known Brian in music, and out of music, and I am proud to have friends like "The Turds".

The world is a little less fun today. But we will carry on with that laugh of Brians, that damn crazy laugh!!!!!

So, to you Brian, and all of my friends............ I SAY GOD DAMN!!!! FUCK SHIT UP!!

Oldrob
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:07 pm

I will always remember when Brian sat on a box of my mother's china and then belly flopped onto my bed at my going away party and broke it.
It drove me nuts how I would try to be mad at him but always ended up laughing.
RIP
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:47 pm

There is going to be a candlelight vigil for Brian this Saturday starting at 730 pm on the corner of 6th and Chippewa.

BRING SOME GUNS...Lets clean the streets!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:48 pm

i just wish i could see brian have sex with the ATM machine at Saturn bar one more time!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:49 pm

I just got confirmation that Sweet Home New Orleans (musician's aid group) may be able to help w/ financials for a funeral or something ...who's kinda in charge? email me. I'll pass it along ...Planarianpro@gmail.com
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:49 pm

Back in 02' Brian was so happy that I was moving back to New Orleans after a 5 month hiatus from the city. I was bringing my then new girlfriend to come live with me, and Brian wanted to go out and celebrate. We ended up going to the live punk rock karaoke at the shim sham. I had forewarned my girlfriend that my pal Brian was out of his goddamn mind, but assured her that we were childhood friends and she had nothing to worry about. We arrived at the bar and Brian immediately signed up to sing a song. He wouldn't tell me what song he was going to sing. Long story short. In the first 15 minutes being there Brian beat the shit out of some punker who tried to step to us. While brian was still over the guy hitting him, the MC announced "And up next is....Brian...Turd?" . Brian then leaped on the stage and the band broke into GG's Bite It You Scum. Brian started belting it out and the band started closing in on him. They were fucking feeling it. The whole place went nuts. And then that crazy fucker pulled down his pants, bent over, and with one hand and his ass to the crowd he started making his ass cheeks mouth the words to the song while he held the mic and sang with the other. Afterwards the band hi fived him, he told everybody in the place to kiss his ass and asked who was going to suck his dick. Him and my girlfriend got along perfectly.

I bought the first Dwarves album with Brian. I cut his hair for him because even in 1990 I knew that mullets were not cool. We hung out with the Asgards motorcycle gang at his moms house in Vancleave and did speed for the first time. We got high on anything we could and played LIFE the board game while singing and celebrating our affinity for Lou Reed. We started our first punk band when we were teenagers and had a good run before they evolved into the TURDZ. I sat in a jail cell with Brian and dared him to try and steal one of the cops guns. I've also ran from the cops and had to hide and watch them take Brian and Dean away. Once in the French Quarters I watched some cops beat up Dean, and Brian turned around and went back to help him. The last time I saw him was right before Katrina hit. I had got off work and met up with him. I was a fine dining waiter in the quarters and Ray Davies (yes, The Kinks) was one of my regular call tables. Ray and his party tipped me well, as they always did, and gave me a half gram of coke. I gave it to Brian to have for himself if he would drive me and my girlfriend around town while we tripped on acid. He agreed. I told him Ray Davies gave me the coke he was doing. He did a big fat line and looked at me blinking and said " Who the fuck is Ray Davies?"

I love you Brian. I will always celebrate and defend your gutter legacy until the day I die.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 6:53 pm

I didn't know Brian as well as most but I had a few experiences with him. I knew him enough to know that he is one of those rare, controversial characters that we are occasionally to meet in life. A person that can stir up a plethora of emotions in one encounter and leave you wondering what just happened. I was lucky to know you and I always envied your freedom...still do. RIP Brian.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:03 pm

Please post your stories or pictures. Whatever. Let's let the world know that he is not just another casualty on the streets of N.O. Let them know that his death has galvanized a whole creative community.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:03 pm

Please post your stories or pictures. Whatever. Let's let the world know that he is not just another casualty on the streets of N.O. Let them know that his death has galvanized a whole creative community.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:06 pm

Panzer...ARE YOU READY!!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:21 pm

I remember partying at Dean's house one night, we were all drinking and having a good time. I think it was king louie, came out of the bathroom and asked whose toothbrush he was holding.... Brian said, with the biggest smile ever, and with the most pride.. " aint mine, cuz I don't brush my teeth"!! the room was quiet, then everyone exploded into laughter! as did Brian with his insane and infectuous laugh. damn those were good times. You will be missed motherfucker.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:29 pm

Posted: Nov 18, 2008 7:35 pm

I was on the coast pretty recently and a friend of mine had a party for me. He didn't know anyone from the turds, and when they all showed up, he was really nervous, as was some of his guests. Of course Brian comes walking up with a 12 pack of PBR on his shoulder, walking in the front door of course like he owned the joint, as did all the fellas. My point to this is that as soon as he got out of the car he put everything down and came right to me and gave me the biggest hug, looked at me and just smiled and said "robbie", in that voice of his. I see these guys and feel total comfort, some people don't, but those some people haven't gotten to know them yet. I assured my friend that I trusted these guys with my life, and by the end of the night, after all four turds were in a 4 man hot tub, my friend says to me, "well, now I can say I had 4 turds in my hot tub"! classic. Of course I did many shots with jason and Brian, Dean, and Dwain, and also rode a Jazzy around the house with an eye patch on. I am glad to have gotten to hang out with Brian, and all the guys that night, it was one more memorable night together.

Thanks for the good times Brian. And to all the rest of you motherfuckers, there are more good times to come!!
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 8:07 pm

So I'm in South Korea right now and feeling very lonely. All these stories help bring me back to better days though. I've got so many crazy Brian stories you just can't imagine. It just seemed normal to be crazy with him.
Being his best friend for so long we obviously went through a lot together. There's an old saying "a good friend will post your bail to get you out of jail, but a better friend will be sitting next to you saying 'man, that was one hell of a night." Well that was my Turd.
Brian had lot's of respect for things in life. I know he didn't show it often but he cared so much more for others than himself. So instead of some crazy shenanigan we pulled together I'll share one of those more tender moments.
I guess it was Christmas 2001 or so. We went out to a Christmas party and Dwin and Jason's house. Someone showed up and gave us all acid. I honestly don't even remember taking it. All I know is that all of a sudden it was morning time and I was fucked out of my gourd. My mom had made me promise to go to church that morning and see my little brother play his first violin recital.
I was getting dressed and everyone else was passed out or long gone. A minute later a bug eyed and cleanly shaved Brian Turd comes walking through the door in a suit and tie. I asked him what the fuck he was doing. He said he was going to church with me. I asked him why and all he said was respect for family. I left it at that and was quite happy to have someone at my side during what was bound to be an awkward moment.
Well niether of us had been to church too many times before that in our life but we ended up going twice that day. Once to the wrong church and then finally to the correct one.
My little brother played well and thrilled to not only see his big brother in the crowd but also the man we call Brian Turd. He quite looked up to us and was only 7 at the time. Brian really helped make his day even though I know there was at least a million other places he would have rather been.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 8:44 pm

One of the funniest moments I remember about Brian was when he was working on Bourbon at the strip joint. I just got off work and was walking to my car when he flagged me down. He informed me that there was a midget at the bar and that he was going to fuck him up for messing with one of the girls. This is the point where I inform all of you who do not know me that I knew Brian for close to 20 years, we were old MS boys. He understood fully my fear/fixation with the little people. Brian, in his lack of infinite wisdom, decided it would be a great idea to fuck with me and the midget bastard. The next thing I know I am witnessing an actual midget toss!!! I laughed so hard I puked on the street, and I was sober!! So I waited for a bit and Brian and I went to the bar and got shit-faced, of course that is the point at which he started a fight with someone and got his ass beat!! I will miss you Brian, for all your fucked up shit, you had a heart of gold and all who knew you well will never forget that! RIP my brother.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 8:50 pm

I didn't know Brian well, but he always made me laugh...last time I saw him was about a month ago, I think he'd just moved back to town. He's got Ladybird the pup with him, is happy to be back, and tells me he got a job bartending or bouncing at some strip joint on Bourbon.

Then he proceeds to stare at my tits--and with a big grin he asks, "You lookin' for a job?"

Thanks, Brian, you were always friendly and nice to me every time I saw you, I won't forget you, RIP.
Posted: Nov 18, 2008 9:11 pm

There's no doubt you shall be missed by many. See ya on the flip !
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 2:55 am

Well turd , you got to go back to NO. wish i could have seen you one last time . i enjoyed getting to know you here in gulfport and i know you enjoyed my food . i am also glad you forgave me for the dick move . i swore that i would always trust you after that . and if it helps i would have . i know where ever you are you throwing back some tall boys (still say i will not drink that american shit , but for you i will drink a few ) . i bailed you out once and picked you up a few times , wish i was there to bail you out of this one , i would have picked you up no problem . your safe now and no one will dick u over , hurt you or make you depressed again . you r in a better place then most of us . hope to see you again one day , you friend always , kevin . but you better call me smokey or i will kick you ass when i get to where you are .
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 4:43 am

I hung out with Turd on Sunday at the Half Moon, with Ladybird walking the length of the bar, and again on Friday night at Parasols. I had no idea this could happen. I even gave him a ride home after the Half Moon... (The fucker could mooch a ride, couldn't he? :) )

4 years ago, he gave me a puppy that has grown into a beautiful amazing companion. Everytime I have looked at her in the last 3 days, I've been in tears.

You can say almost anything about Turd, and it would be true, but above all else, he was a stand up, shoot from the hip kind of guy.

Where ever he is, I hope he can see how much we all loved him.

May he find the peace he never had in life.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 8:48 am

So so sad. :( We were in NOLA two weekends ago and Brian called us to come get him. For reasons I don't remember, we couldn't pick him up. He sounded really sad on the phone. I wish we would have now.

Here's some pics of Brian doing karaoke...fun times.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/chrissyvessell/?action=view&curre nt=1196666-R1-024-10A.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/chrissyvessell/?action=view&curre nt=1196666-R1-028-12A.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/chrissyvessell/?action=view&curre nt=1196666-R1-022-9A.jpg

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/chrissyvessell/?action=view&curre nt=chrissiekaraoke.jpg

MISS YOU MAN!!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 8:52 am

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 9:28 am

Posted: Nov 19, 2008 9:46 am

the airlines jacked my fucking ticket up a thousand extra dollars. i swear to fucking god if it wasn't for that fucking ocean between me and home i'd be hitching home right now. i don't think i've ever been so down. i loved that stupid fucker. and for what ever reason he loved my dumb ass too.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 10:09 am

Brian was (and still is) such a fundamental part of the MS Gulf Coast punk scene. I truly believe he gave the Coast scene its grit, its rawness, its purity. He made it OK to let it all out with no filter - he gave our scene heart and with no apologies. Brian was an inspiration to me as an up and coming punk in the early 90's - it was impossible to be around him and him not rub off on you. As an insecure young girl he fueled the fire inside me....the FUCK YOU inside of me. Without Brian I don't think I would be the person I am today...I don't think any of us would be. He'll never truly know the impact he has had on all of us. If he could see the out pour of emotions and support that has been displayed the past few days - he'd call us fags....but on the inside you know he would be delighted to know that so many of us loved him unconditionally.

INFO ON SATURDAY'S VIGIL IN NEW ORLEANS:
There is going to be a candlelight vigil for Brian this Saturday starting at 730 pm on the corner of 6th and Chippewa. This is the corner where he got shot. Bring lots of candles and anything else you can think of sign, flowers, etc. We are trying to get the message across to whatever (i cant even think of a word bad enough to put here) killed him that people do care about Brian and we're going to make a big deal out of it. Hes not some random guy nobody gives a shit about. We will demand attention for his death from the neighborhood, from the police, and from the media. Who did this to him probably lives RIGHT THERE!.

We want them to see us and be nervous and we want their friends to see us and be nervous and turn these murderers in to the police so they can FRY

PASS IT ON

forward, flyer, bulletin, whatever,

We all miss you turdface

ABC News clip about Brian's death:
http://www.abc26.com/pages/abc26news_completestorylist_landing/?Friend s-Mourn-Dog-Walkers-Death-=1&blockID=137784

Les Turdz photo blog (feel free to add pictures):
http://blog.myspace. com/index. cfm?fuseaction=blog.view.friendID=1779508&blogID=449950490
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 10:14 am

colbito, sounds like the makers of those cameras should be shut down. i wouldn't be surprised if they knew somebody to get a big contract with the city. fucking greed.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 10:19 am

I always loved seeing Turd sing "I don't care about you" with the Nasty Habits. He could get a bunch of people into a frenzy when he wanted to. Always nice to me. Take care Man. RIP.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 11:28 am

Well...let's see....the first time I saw/met Brian was at a Halloween party at a house in Biloxi...he had that black van..and a orange beanie with just the eyes and mouth cut out...he was cool I thought. And intriguing. If I remember correctly we partied till the sun came up!! He was a good guy, and I hope whoever did this fuckin bullshit is caught. Karma is a bitch!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 11:28 am

Deano, you are right, it is easy to remember those crazy times, but there are so many considerate times. I remember having shows at my house, everything completely fucking trashed, and if Brian was there, he would always ask if I needed any help picking shit up, he would ask this while in his underwear and covered in beer, but by God he would always ask! He respected all of his friends, even if it was in his own way at times, deep down, he would show his friends love, the guy had a huge heart that not everyone knew about. I am glad everyone can post this stuff to show everyone what kind of guy he was. A hardcore, tough as shit, fucked up, crazy ass motherfucker, loyal, kind, generous, loving, kind hearted, got your back kind of guy. .... The same guy, and best friend that would understand what you are going through right now.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 12:48 pm

he LOVED some David Allen Coe...
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 12:50 pm

he LOVED some David Allen Coe...

b.v. just emailed me saying you had all the johnny rebel mp3's. send me that shit.

also, you guys are all making me cry. wish i coulda known the turd.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 4:18 pm | Edited by: jay reatard

dean...call me when you get in the south (not korea)
i love you donk!
see you soon,
chad

oh yeah i'm sure there will be a flyer soon but matt muscle set up a benefit show for Turd's family to help with the funeral bills

Saturday Night after the vigil at the Saturn Bar (st. cluade ave. nola)
Die Rotzz
Nassty Habits
Brick War (louie's new beast)
Secret Assholes (joe pestilence and jhere macgillicudy's new band)
and
ShapeShifter.Blues

that's all i know for now
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 8:21 pm

We have all lost a very good friend. Brian Turd was shot and killed Saturday night in NOLA. It is unknown why he was shot. Only that he was walking his dog ,bird, in the lower garden district and there was a camera pointing right at the spot where he was shot but it was not working. I just felt like we all owed Brian some of our time and dedication so I wanted to write something. I will always remember Brian smiling, happy and being himself. That is the thing I respected most about him. He was not afraid to be himself all the time. He did not care who it bothered or what was going on around him. Brian Turd was going to be Brian Turd no matter what and we all loved him for it. No punk rock show will be the same without him. He was always doing something crazy and making me laugh. As a promoter I was always nervous when he would show up to one of the Scream shows. As you all know we do not allow drinking or smoking at our shows and if Brian was there then you know there was going to be drinking and smoking inside...The thing was I never got mad at him. I never even yelled at him when he "broke the rules" at one of our shows. The way I saw it he was old school and he deserved the right to do whatever he wanted. He was in the bands that I grew up watching at the little house. I had a lot of respect for him. The first time I ever saw Brian was at a turdz show at the Little House. He was only wearing a beer box and Mr. Ted was freaking out. I was 15 and thought Brian was the greatest from that moment on. For those of you that dont know he had a huge impact on our music scene. He fronted Children's Arsenal Choir, Les Turdz., The minions and most recently Dem Nasty habits. He was a perfect example of punk rock. He was never afraid to be himself, he spoke his mind and was a true and caring friend. That is what punk rock should be.

The last time I saw Brian was at One Eyed Jacks on Halloween. I will never forget that night or the spot I last saw him. I am sure I speak for a lot of people when I say I am very sad today and feel like a piece of me is missing. It is hard to think of the gulf coast and Nola without a Brian Turd!!!!! I am going to start rambling and it is hurting me to write this so I will leave you with a happy story...My favorite Brian story......

I was at a Turdz / top dead center show in hattiesburg. I dont remember all the details, but here is what I can.........After the show there was a fight between the 2 bands..Nothing serious just your typical fight....Someone locked there keys in the car...The next thing I knew I was driving a suburban full of turds to some house in the middle of no where... The suburban I was driving had a pa system in it....Like the police have when they yell at you to get out of the car...anyway brian thought that was the greatest thing. He started yelling at all the cars on the road. In the car beside us ( an eclipse) a guy was smoking a joint. Brian starting yelling at him to pass it.. The guy called birans bluff ( so he thought) and held it out the window. the next thing I knew all I saw was brian's ankles. The rest of him was hanging out the window. Mind you I was driving 50+ mph down HWY 49 and here was brian hanging out the window. Would you believe he got it!!!! I was driving my dads suburban and the thought of a joint being smoke in it freaked me out, but what could I say.. I mean he risked his life for it...and really WOW!!!!...No this story does not end there...further down the road we stopped at a gas station. There was a county deputy there. So of course brian picks up the pa and starts calling the cop an asshole..Yes really...."Hey asshole" Hey asshole" he kept repeating. The cop looked at us pissed@!! Brian told him over the pa to calm down he was just having a good time. The cop listened and got back into his car. Yes really. Brian told him to calm down and he did...once again WOW!!!!!! Of course the cop followed us out the county , but did not give us any problems. There was one more thing that Brian had fun yelling over the pa ..."Rick Flair says whooooooooo"....My friends and I still say that some 10 years later.... We will never forget you Brian!!!!!!!We miss you!
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 9:30 pm

I love my friends. Thanks for the plane ticket. I hope to see everyone I need to see at the vigil.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 9:52 pm

shit. sorry ya'll...
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 11:05 pm

I didn't know this guy,
but I am totally bummed and sad.
This is just a fucked up situation.
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 11:19 pm

rebel mp3's.

my iPod got jacked out my whip
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 11:46 pm

i guess alot of you may not know that les turdz had a website. we ain't got much new on there but there are older songs, videos and pictures. i'll warn ya now it ain't work safe so ya might wan tto wait till ya get home.
http://myweb.cableone.net/nhut/index2.html
Posted: Nov 19, 2008 11:49 pm

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 12:01 am

Sorry to hear about y'allz friend.
Fucking Horrible.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 12:02 am | Edited by: jerkalert

That picture on the other hand...
Fucking Awesome!
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 12:11 am

That dude is my new hero!
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 12:32 am

Those girls never looked better sittin' on a turd!!
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 12:36 am

Deano, you are right, it is easy to remember those crazy times, but there are so many considerate times

There were a few times late late at the Saint when I was working that Brian helped me out big time....I always heard, and sometimes saw, the crazy side, but my solid memories of Brian are of him in his tuxedo shirt, just off from work, hanging out across the bar from, or right next to me....or maybe just shooting the shit outside the Big Rue in the afternoon...or him picking up a 45 out of the rack at Rocks Off and pointing at it laughing saying "I know these dudes....." and then telling a funny as shit story.....good guy....
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 1:07 am

Hey Dean... I know there's a lot going on, but if you guys have time and happen to think about it, or run across it... could somebody please try and retrieve that Minions/Comas Sleaze Fest video? I think it's the only copy and it's likely to disappear. I dunno, I can see some random vhs tape that Brian's been lugging around for 13 years getting chunked out.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 1:07 am

Hey Dean... I know there's a lot going on, but if you guys have time and happen to think about it, or run across it... could somebody please try and retrieve that Minions/Comas Sleaze Fest video? I think it's the only copy and it's likely to disappear. I dunno, I can see some random vhs tape that Brian's been lugging around for 13 years getting chunked out.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 2:03 am

ok, i'll see what i can do. i think a good place to look is with chris fonseca's sister. he told me she had a big box of his stuff. that was a while back but fonzie wouldn't let stuff like that get tossed.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 2:19 am

old turz footage
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 2:21 am

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 2:25 am

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:11 am

Im so upset that I don't even think I can go to the vidual!
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:14 am

I'm not a fan of Big Brother watching everybody, but this city is so fucking broken, we need those crime cameras to work:

http://blog.nola.com/editorials/2008/11/paying_for_failure_new_orleans .html

Prosecution of crime in this city is a joke:

http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2008/11/das_refusal_of_529_cases_al arm.html

Hopefully, the new DA will make a difference. We'll see....
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:15 am

Long tall Lou...Its just a killah song!
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:48 am

Remembering Brian Thicksten
Laughter was his trademark
By PAM FIRMIN - pfirmin@sunherald.com

Underground bands, doing his own thing and a laugh all his own helped distinguish Brian S. Thicksten, 37, of Gulfport from the crowd.

Said his mother, Charlotte Martin of Gulfport: "He was a punker. He loved tattoos. He loved screen printing. He was an artist and a musician and he just walked to a different drummer.

"But he had the prettiest smile you could ever imagine.
"

On Monday morning, she learned he had been shot to death in New Orleans on Saturday night while out walking his dog, Birdie, an American bulldog she gave him. Two weeks ago, he had moved back to New Orleans from Gulfport. Word of his death spread across MySpace and was texted between friends. It was one of those friends who saw it on MySpace and called Martin with the sad news. When Martin contacted the coroner in New Orleans, she said his only reply was "affirmative." She brought Birdie home Tuesday from the Humane Society where police had taken her.

New Orleans media reported police have no suspects and no known motive for the shooting. The New Orleans Times-Picayune said Wednesday he was shot near an inoperable crime camera on Chippewa Street in the Irish Channel. Funeral arrangements are incomplete, but friends in both cities are planning benefits to help Brian's family with funeral expenses. Many will gather for a vigil on Saturday night at the same time and at the same location where he was murdered.

Martin said Brian loved New Orleans and might stay there for years, then come back home for a while.

"He's always been a nomad, always loved to travel," Martin said. "He had a love for family and friends. He kept his friends from diapers on up. A friend in a band with him in New Orleans is a woodworker and is going to make the urn (for his ashes).

"This boy was the number one most die-hard Saints fan you could ever imagine," she added, "and often sat in the press box at the Superdome.
"

One of the memorable aspects of Brian, said his friend Lee O'Boyle of Gulfport, "is his goals and his dreams, his aspirations, what he wanted to be and become and how he managed to do that on a consistent basis. Whether you loved him or hated him, you still had to respect his passion for keeping on doing what he wanted to.
"

Carl Feldmeyer of Gulfport said: "He's been a staple in the underground music scene in Southern Mississippi and New Orleans for over a decade. His bands have included The Children's Arsenal Choir, The Minions, Les Turdz and his latest project was called the Nasty Habits. He's got friends not only nationwide but worldwide.

"Everybody will miss his laughter because his laugh was so distinct and so memorable. It sounded like he hadn't a care in the world.
"

http://www. sunherald. com/local/story/966244. html
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 4:25 pm

Will the Goner board host please make this a staple at the top of the page until...?
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 5:15 pm

ahhh, the good times. A bunch of us crashed a party one night, of course showing up at this party made people nervous, because our partying wasn't quite what they were looking for, I think they were playing Yahtzee when we showed up. Long story short, me, Scott, louie, and many others got naked, fucked shit up, ran some people off, and somehow, I wound up shitting in these guys cat litter box in the bathroom, I think thanks to Rooster putting the idea in my head! well it was funny as shit! We later told Brian about this and he could not stop laughing about it, in that laugh of course, He made it his mission to shit in someones cat litter box, not sure if he ever did that, but, any of you out there want to do something besides a shot for Brian Turd, Shit in someones cat litter box and laugh your ass off the whole time while thinkin' about BRian!
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 6:13 pm

Could those in charge of the benefit show for Brian please post it under Upcoming Shows when everything is set in stone?

People keep emailing me and asking about the details and I'm just directing them there.
Posted: Nov 20, 2008 6:54 pm

Posted: Nov 20, 2008 10:24 pm

Has anyone set up an bank or Paypal account to help with the funeral?
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 12:32 am

New Orleans is gonna have some extra folks in town on Saturday night. These aint just plain old folk, these are Turd folk, and IF YOU AINT A TURD, YOU AINT SHIT! New Orleans folk need to show some love and open some doors and share a couch for some incredible family. Brian, you would be so fucking proud of all of this shit.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 7:18 am

These aint just plain old folk

My wife will be come'n down represent'n! Wish I could be.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 11:45 am

Any one can pass out in my van if they need to!
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 2:29 pm

I'm puttin up alot of folks from Jackson I'm sure
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 5:10 pm

I found some photos of Brian having Thanksgiving with us.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/7161037@N06/sets/72157609652162510/

I still can't believe he's gone.
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 7:32 pm

Those pics are great, he looked really happy, thats cool, thanks for sharing those. That middle finger is always trying to steal the shot!
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 8:52 pm

brian's mom requests that in lieu of flowers...donations be made to the lousiana spca ......web address is www.la-spca.org ...click donations..thanks..katie
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 8:57 pm

One of the first memories of him was at an Outlaw Order show. The band was taking forever to start playing and I was tired of waiting around. Being already in a bad mood I commenced to get obnoxious and screamed at the band (rare for me) to hurry the fuck up with their metal shit. People were looking at me and wondering what my problem was. Brian made his way thru the crowd and calmly told me to chill out. I did for a minute or two and finally left after the noise got going.

At the post-Katrina Voodoofest in Audobahn Park me and my girlfriend ran into the Turd. We talked to him right before Supagroup was about to perform, and he mentioned he helped in building the stage. During their set Supagroup Benji looked directly at Brian and sang his name in one of their songs. I don’t think he even noticed.

During the second night of last year’s Freedomfest at Circle Bar I stepped outside to get some air and saw him sitting on the front steps wearing a white cowboy hat. No one else was outside and I talked to him for abit. I’d heard that his dog ran off the night before and asked if he found it. He said he didn’t and looked sad. Prolly one of the only times I’d ever seen him like that. I wished him luck in finding the pooch and truly felt sorry for him.

Last time I saw him was at the Saturn Bar this summer. The Nasty Habits had just finished when I got there. Someone told me Brian took off all his clothes during their performance and the crowd went outside. No surprise there. Marvin’s freshly-cropped boy Chance had a look of disgust on his face as they were loading out. Later on, during an impromptu set by King Louie’s One Man Band, Brian kept going up to Louie’s mike and yelling “Nigger! Nigger! Nigger!”. Louie seemed mortified and confused. At one point Louie got fed-up with this and smacked Brian in the face a few times, but Brian didn’t care and would just keep going. At the end of the night I saw Turd making out and dancing with some foxy black girl.

He could be one hell of a necio (annoying brat), but underneath his big crazy self was a good heart.

R.I.P. Brian Turd
Posted: Nov 21, 2008 9:20 pm

when brian moved to nola a few months ago he did'nt have too mutch cash and i remember him cutting his big mac meal in half and sharing it with his dog!!!
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 12:17 am

I was hanging out with brian just a few weeks ago and he had a disposable camera and he was taking pictures of himself and other people at the Saint.

Someone may want to try to find that camera and develop it. Probably some good memories on there he would want everyone to see.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 6:53 am

oh good god matt...........
It's SHAPESHIFTER.BLUES you fucktard
sheesh
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 11:15 am

yeah me and Brian got into it a few times (just drunk fun ofcourse). I was probrably the only one in town not pussy enough to punch him right in the chops every time he called me out...YOUR GONNA MISS ME BRIAN!!! Hope it's you and GG now Brother!!!

...and I'm gonna rock my ass off tonite for you!!!
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 3:12 pm

...AND AS FAR AS THE BENNIFIT FOR BRIANS FUNERAL GOES...I THINK THERE SHOULD NOT BE A GUEST LIST!!! EVEN THE BAND MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE TO PAY...LOUIE
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 4:35 pm

sorry about your friend, NOLA folks. So sad.

And, good on you about the site vigil. A great idea for a FUCK YOU...as all I've read about Brian here I'm sure he'd want a good rousing FUCK YOU carried on. And what better place...
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 7:14 pm

hey- thread got off track a bit and i deleted some posts out of respect for the dead.
Posted: Nov 22, 2008 7:29 pm

thanks. there is alot of emotion right now.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 11:06 am

LOUIE'S OM HIS WAY TO MEMPHIS
TO BEAT UP JEFF GUNN RIGHT NOW.

$2000 RAISED LAST NIGHT.
THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO SHOWED UP.

BOYCOTT J'ANITA'S
AND GAY FONZIE.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 1:40 pm

BOYCOTT J'ANITA'S
AND GAY FONZIE.

why?
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 3:43 pm

Murder Victim Remembered at Memorial
ABC26 News
November 22, 2008

IN THE IRISH CHANNEL TONIGHT...

...PEOPLE REMEMBER A MURDER VICTIM... AS THE VIOLENCE CONTINUES AROUND THEM.

THIS WAS THE VIGIL FOR BRIAN "TURD" THICKSTEN -- TONIGHT ON CHIPPEWA STREET-- THE SAME PLACE WHERE HE WAS GUNNED-DOWN LAST WEEKEND.

WHILE PEOPLE WERE THERE... THEY HEARD A SERIES OF GUNSHOTS NEARBY.

ACCORDING TO THE NOPD... IT COULD HAVE BEEN AS MANY AS ELEVEN-SHOTS.

BUT COPS SAY-- THEY CHECKED THE AREA... AND DIDN'T FIND ANYBODY HURT.

THICKSTEN WAS FATALLY SHOT WHILE WALKING HIS DOG AND KILLED NEAR ONE OF THE NON-FUNCTIONING CRIME CAMERAS, WHICH THE CITY OF NEW ORLEANS HAS SPENT MILLIONS OF DOLLARS TO INSTALL.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 4:12 pm

Posted: Nov 23, 2008 4:38 pm

THERE SHOULD NOT BE A GUEST LIST!!! EVEN THE BAND MEMBERS SHOULD HAVE TO PAY.

I hope you invited the Extra Action Marching band.
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Police didn't bother to show until after the shots were fired,and only then after someone dialed 911 about it.

I must say that all the confessions of illegal shit going on in friend's stories with the cops parked right there was pretty genius. I think Brian would have found that hilarious!

And from what i heard,most of the friends there said next to nothing about the busted Crime Cameras.Brian Turd is not a martyr for increased surveillance,don't let the local media fool you!
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 7:34 pm

"Crime Cameras" are always fucked up but I bet you the "Traffic Cameras" that catch people running red lights are 100% functional....
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 8:47 pm

I am just happy nobody was hurt. I think this whole event has brought alot of friends back together and reminded all of us how great our friends are in times of trouble and need. We have the greatest friends in the world, and I am aware of that. Lets move forward, fuck shit up, keep livin' life to the max. later and keep spreadin' the word of the Dirty South to every corner of the U.S. Thanks to goner for giving us this space to vent, remember and express our emotions and feelings about our friend Brian Thickston "Turd".

Oldrob
Posted: Nov 23, 2008 11:24 pm

BOYCOTT J'ANITA'S
AND GAY FONZIE.

THEY THREW ME OUT FOR SAYING NIGGER.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 3:23 am

Hey Mike Rushing... I found this great one of you and Brian:

PPPAAAARRRRTTTTYYYY!!!!!!!!
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 7:30 am

they threw you out for pissing in my van...you nigger!
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:22 am

Thanks to everyone for all they have done this past week. It was really great to see people even though I wish the circumstances had been better. I heard a lot of things about Brian I need to hear. I also heard some things that I did not care to hear at the vigil. Nonetheless though I was thinking that only Brian Turd would be friends with some of these people. They must have a lonelier life now just like the rest of us.
I've gotta couple of questions though?
I had no idea I was playing a bass with a big red swastika on it? What was up with that? Fucking ignorance will only cause more seperation in New Orleans. If anything go that neighborhood and make a friend.
Also, I will be going to Brian's mom's house this week to go through his things and help her get them sorted. She doesn't want to keep it. So if he has something that you want or need let me know and I will do my best to get it to you. You can email me at dean_burrito@yahoo.com or message me on myspace.
And I swear to fucking God if you ask for something and I find it on ebay or what not I will hunt your sorry ass down and hurt you.... bad! But really don't hesitate asking. I will likely make a list of interesting things I find that will need a good home.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 12:24 pm

Brian's story and a scene from the vigil, including an interview with Adele was just on CNN...
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 12:30 pm

Hey Mike Rushing... I found this great one of you and Brian:

I'm sure we were singing DAC's You Never Even Called Me By My Name
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 12:34 pm

Posted: Nov 24, 2008 1:18 pm | Edited by: unfriendly1

LOUIE'S OM HIS WAY TO MEMPHIS
TO BEAT UP JEFF GUNN RIGHT NOW.

Is he on his skateboard?
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 2:21 pm

Didn't see the skateboard, but he's definitely in town.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 2:32 pm

Mike, check your email.
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Anybody see my wife in the past 24hrs?
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 4:09 pm

w p v a l e n t i n e @ g m a i l . c o m
Posted: Nov 24, 2008 10:07 pm

bass with a big red swastika on it?

who's bass was that?
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 7:21 am

Nazi Derek's bass!

billy....did you find your wife?
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 7:56 am

AWESOME!
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 8:25 am

billy....did you find your wife?

Yeah, Jessica found her.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 11:37 am | Edited by: dean_burrito

Here is a copy of the full obituary for brian in today's local paper....i believe it should also be in new orleans and jackson county papers...there is also a guestbook where you can put a message for the family....i'm sure they would love to read some more memories of brian you would like to put there....tasteful ones a mother would want to read of course ....katie

http://www. legacy. com/sunherald/GB/GuestbookView. aspx?PersonId=120628447

Brian S.
Thicksten
Brian S. Thicksten, age 37 and a resident of the Gulf Coast, died Saturday, November 15, 2008, in New Orleans, LA.

He was born September 16, 1971, in Pascagoula, MS, and was a life-time resident of the Gulf Coast. Brian was a musician along the Gulf Coast, a graduate of Vancleave High School, and worked in construction. He enjoyed traveling, friends, and family.

Brian was preceded in death by his father, Barry "Bear" Thicksten; grandmothers, Una Lyons, of Gautier, and Catherine Dickerson, of Ocean Springs; and grandfather, William Thicksten, of Gautier.

Survivors include his mother, Charlotte Thicksten Martin; brother, Robby Thicksten, both of Gulfport; grandfather, Edgar Lyons, of Gautier; Robert Jones, of Gulfport; Tiffany Janos, of Tallahassee, FL; many other friends, family, and a very special dog/partner, Birdie.

A graveside service will be conducted at 11:00 a.m. Saturday, November 29, 2008, at Pine Crest Cemetery in Gautier. A get-together will be held at Gautier City Park following the service.

Memorial contributions may be made to the SPCA of New Orleans, LA.

The RIEMANN FAMILY FUNERAL HOME, 11280 Three Rivers Road in Gulfport, is in charge of arrangements, and a guest book may be signed at www. riemannfamily. com.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 11:41 am

The get together should be fun. We've had them all week. For some reason I smell like piss after the one last night and I got about ten names signed on my ass.
Posted: Nov 25, 2008 11:52 am

Posted: Nov 26, 2008 9:31 am

bass with a big red swastika on it?

ok, really we just wanted to be remembered as the turd reich.
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 11:24 am

Im so damn tired of the rasist joke (and the satanic joke too for that matter) ... turd reich was kinda clever though.
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 4:58 pm

i need a swastika for my microphone.
Posted: Nov 26, 2008 8:11 pm

I was at Brian's mom's today when all the New Orleans money was delivered. It was surprising to her to say the least. She sends everybody so much thanks. Especially Marvin. I hope he doesn't have to buy his own beer for the next year or so. So yeah if ya see him buy him a beer. His wife too. And his boys once they are old enough. And King Louie, I found a country song he wrote. You'll get it soon. Record it, sing it, give it to the world brother.
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 6:25 pm

hey,ijust wanna say that i feel real bad about talking about the illegal shit that me and brian used to do.
i was real drunk and real emotional and i wasnt thinking about cameras or police being around.
dean and everybody please accept my apology.
Posted: Nov 27, 2008 7:25 pm

hey,ijust wanna say that i feel real bad about talking about the illegal shit that me and brian used to do.
i was real drunk and real emotional and i wasnt thinking about cameras or police being around.
dean and everybody please accept my apology.

I was going through Brian's things and found a letter that you wrote him way back when you were still in CFA. It was a funny read.
Anyways don't sweat it too much brother, Brian loved all kinds and we all cope in our own way.
Posted: Dec 2, 2008 6:04 pm

Posted: Dec 4, 2008 1:04 am

Posted: Dec 5, 2008 9:38 pm

Pictures from the vigil, funeral, and get togethers up on the Turd space now.
myspace.com/lesturdz
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 6:57 pm

I've been thinking about Brian a lot lately. I don't think it's because of the holidays, but whenever I go out, i always think...Would Turd be here?
I especially felt this at the very last show at Kirk's because I knew he would have been. God I miss him. He would be amazed at how many people he effected.
Posted: Dec 16, 2008 7:45 pm

I don't think it's because of the holidays, but whenever I go out, i always think...Would Turd be here?

I lost my best friend on Christmas, 2000. Not to violence, but to a strange death. I hadn't seen much of him for a couple of months. I keep thinking the holidays will get better, but so far...not so much.

He was another that "would be amazed at how many people he effected." He was a writer of sorts, and wrote a humorous piece about how happy he was to be without the encuberences of a wife and family. His reasoning was that there would be no one to "call him back" after he was dead, and he wouldn't have to feel guilty in the netherworld. I can't tell you how many people miss him to this day, and talk of him...his worst nightmare of being called back.

Anyway, hope it eases up for you, Amber. But somewhere in there "it's better to have loved and lost", I guess. At least, that's what I always try and tell myself.

RIP Brian.
Your Reply Click this icon to move up to the quoted message

Only registered users are allowed to post here. Please, enter your username/password details upon posting a message, or register first.

Goner Message Board Powered by PHP Forum Software miniBB ®